2yrs and 22k miles later... - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > 2yrs and 22k miles later...

Introducing the CUPHOLSTER @ OCONEE OFF ROAD 706 534 9955Thanksgiving holiday sale in effect @ oconeeoffroad.comBlack Friday- Cyber Monday Deals at jeepHut

Unread 08-19-2013, 11:44 AM   #16
steveinaz
2011 WK 

Mine got a 2nd birthday full detail this weekend, clay bar, carnuba, new wiper blades---the works. Of course, a chrome Cardinal football emblem was finally attached.

ocveloman, do you use "Sport" mode? It helps alot.

Tow package
steveinaz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-19-2013, 11:51 AM   #17
ocveloman

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveinaz View Post
Mine got a 2nd birthday full detail this weekend, clay bar, carnuba, new wiper blades---the works. Of course, a chrome Cardinal football emblem was finally attached.

ocveloman, do you use "Sport" mode? It helps alot.
My wife always rolls her eyes at me but yes, everytime I drive I throw it into sport mode. I LOVE it, not much for power but i prefer the higher shift point and seemingly more solid shifts. I drive an F250 with a built motor and transmission so I like to feel the shift to ensure minimal power loss.

Funny, I'm 6'2" and have no issues with viability of the cluster. I had a WK (2005) and that visibility sucked. I love the WK2. Fits the wife well and me well at the touch of the "2" button. Then again, my daily beater is a 95 BMW 325is and the GC feels like a hammock after stuffing my a$$ into that car.
ocveloman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-19-2013, 01:40 PM   #18
steveinaz
2011 WK 

Maybe it's the Arizona sun, but my speedo needle is almost invisable, then the glare of the plastic face makes it even worse. I'm gonna attempt to take a pic of it with my iphone.
Tow package
steveinaz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-22-2013, 01:19 PM   #19
jeffreybehr
2013 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveinaz View Post
Maybe it's the Arizona sun, but my speedo needle is almost invisable, then the glare of the plastic face makes it even worse.
Mine too. Actually, both gage pods are unreadable due to STRONG reflections of the steering column when sun is shining directly on the steering column. Porsche avoided that problem by having the plastic (?) lenses coated with antireflection material.

If ever I can figure out how to get those plastic lenses off, they're staying off.

steveinaz, where is 'Javelina'?

GO CARDS!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.