2yrs and 22k miles later... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > 2yrs and 22k miles later...

Cess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WDGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 08-12-2013, 10:34 AM   #1
steveinaz
2011 WK 

2yrs and 22k miles later...

My 2011 GC Lardeo (V-6/Trail rated/tow pkg) has been great. I'm impressed with the mpg's these V-6 GC's get. I've been averaging 18/22, and I drive with little thought about conserving gas. The Laredo has had no issues (knocking on wood) and is a pleasure on long trips. I have been running Mobil1 since the first change at 3500 miles, other than that---I replaced 1 air filter so far. The vehicle is using NO oil, as my last oil change (I went a little long at 11000 miles..ooops) showed the dipstick at full; I was very pleased about that. I drive the Laredo almost exclusively in "Sport" mode, as it shifts too early for my taste in "Auto."

The engine remains smooooth and quiet, and with the exception of the occassional "dead spot" in the throttle--I'm very happy. One of these days I'll have the software checked, but it happens so rarely I don't think much about it. The other complaint is ergonomic related, I suffer from the difficult to see gauge panel during daytime driving--and the speedo increments are wierd.

4 out of 5 stars.

Tow package
steveinaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2013, 02:25 PM   #2
Erikasjgc

I love my 2011 Laredo X. Super stereo, leather heated, etc. No problems at all (just needed a software update to get the Uconnect to work with my iPhone 4 which was covered under warranty) and it is soooo comfortable for my 5'11" height and bad back. No problems with panel visibility for me. (Maybe try adjusting your stealing wheel and seats a bit?)

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
Erikasjgc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2013, 02:45 PM   #3
steveinaz
2011 WK 

I tried numerous combinations; I'm also 5'11", about 170lbs. The speedo needle is extremely difficult to see during daylight, so I only use the digital EVIC speedo. Too bad the gauges aren't done more like my wifes 2013 Ram 2500.
Tow package
Unread 08-12-2013, 04:11 PM   #4
Webb
2012 WK 

I'm 6'2 and I can see the panel.

Problem solved:

Download: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...iew.free&hl=en

Buy:http://www.amazon.com/Arkon-14-Inch-...unt+cell+phone

Unread 08-12-2013, 04:26 PM   #5
Erikasjgc

Oh. I guess I only look at the EVIC lol. It's right there in the middle and I can't think that I ever tried to look at the "dials". Hmmm. Will make a point of looking at the dials next time to see if they're "blocked" for me. Don't think I'll care though cuz I like the EVIC.
Unread 08-13-2013, 08:22 AM   #6
steveinaz
2011 WK 

In the year 2013, we should have a pretty good grasp on speedometer placement/design (good car ergonomics in general), since it's likely the most used gauge. The combination of glare/darn near invisable speedo needle is the bigger problem.
Tow package
Unread 08-13-2013, 08:25 AM   #7
nyrhockey23

bought ours in Feb '12 now at 21K miles and love it. Will be holding on to this one until it dies.
nyrhockey23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2013, 09:21 AM   #8
LibGrandCher
2012 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveinaz View Post
My 2011 GC Lardeo (V-6/Trail rated/tow pkg) has been great. I'm impressed with the mpg's these V-6 GC's get. I've been averaging 18/22, and I drive with little thought about conserving gas. The Laredo has had no issues (knocking on wood) and is a pleasure on long trips. I have been running Mobil1 since the first change at 3500 miles, other than that---I replaced 1 air filter so far. The vehicle is using NO oil, as my last oil change (I went a little long at 11000 miles..ooops) showed the dipstick at full; I was very pleased about that. I drive the Laredo almost exclusively in "Sport" mode, as it shifts too early for my taste in "Auto."

The engine remains smooooth and quiet, and with the exception of the occassional "dead spot" in the throttle--I'm very happy. One of these days I'll have the software checked, but it happens so rarely I don't think much about it. The other complaint is ergonomic related, I suffer from the difficult to see gauge panel during daytime driving--and the speedo increments are wierd.

4 out of 5 stars.
I know a lot of people on this forum do there own brake servicing.

Just wanted to ask if you had any brake servicing done.

Thanks
LibGrandCher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2013, 09:29 AM   #9
kkreit01

We bought ours in Dec 11. We just broke 20k. It had it's first issue at 19.5k. We had an intermittent CEL. It would only come on during long weekend drives, and nothing seemed wrong. I don't recall the actual code, but the trouble was "torque converter solenoid". We took it in and the dealer pulled the tranny, and replaced the torque converter under warranty. It was in the shop for a week, and we drove a pathetic '10 base Liberty donor. I would have rather had anything else on their lot: Compass, Patriot, Dart, etc. We also wanted them to replace the clunky rear shocks. It doesn't appear they performed any action on that problem. Other than that, we are quite happy. It's the perfect, safe vehicle for the wifey to haul the kids around. The poor Alpine SQ, and too-high gearing would be my main complaints.
kkreit01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2013, 09:45 AM   #10
steveinaz
2011 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibGrandCher View Post
I know a lot of people on this forum do there own brake servicing.

Just wanted to ask if you had any brake servicing done.

Thanks
I haven't needed any brake service. Brakes tend to last me a very long time.
Tow package
Unread 08-13-2013, 11:22 AM   #11
jim_in_PA
2012 WK 

Congrats!

I just hit one year and 20K miles...and zero complaints or problems. Love my JGC!
Unread 08-13-2013, 11:29 AM   #12
LibGrandCher
2012 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveinaz View Post
I haven't needed any brake service. Brakes tend to last me a very long time.
Thanks.
LibGrandCher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2013, 10:11 AM   #13
Erikasjgc

Regarding placement of dials (I use the EVIC), I checked whether I could see my dials and I could see them both no problem while driving. I'm 5'11" and slim if that makes any difference.

Also, the other day after some big trucks passed in the opposite lane on a two lane highway, I had to swerve hard to avoid an idiot who decided to pull a u-turn from instead of just backing out of a driveway. He was blind to me because of the large trucks and i couldn't see him till the last second for the same reason. My JGC handled the quick jerk right then back left like a pro. I think it's called the moose maneuver? My horn worked real well too.

Unread 08-18-2013, 09:54 AM   #14
txwest
2012 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erikasjgc View Post
Regarding placement of dials (I use the EVIC), I checked whether I could see my dials and I could see them both no problem while driving. I'm 5'11" and slim if that makes any difference.

Also, the other day after some big trucks passed in the opposite lane on a two lane highway, I had to swerve hard to avoid an idiot who decided to pull a u-turn from instead of just backing out of a driveway. He was blind to me because of the large trucks and i couldn't see him till the last second for the same reason. My JGC handled the quick jerk right then back left like a pro. I think it's called the moose maneuver? My horn worked real well too.

I had to do that a couple Sundays ago. Car on the right of me tried to come into my lane. Like he couldn't see the giant red Jeep beside his kia rio. I jerked the wheel like you did, think I skidded a front tire because it smelled like burnt rubber for the next few miles. Some people.....

Sent from my S-III using JeepForum

Past Jeeps:
'80 CJ-7 I6 4x4 Std
'86 Comanchee I4 4x4 Std
'99 WJ Laredo 4.0 4x4 AWD
txwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2013, 10:32 AM   #15
ocveloman

Have to say the same... 1 year and 20,000 miles and we love our grand cherokee. We got her the 2012 Overland with every option aside from the Hemi (not my car and she wanted better fuel economy...) It's been a great car and, aside from being slower than a snail with a back-ache, has treated us well. Also running Mobile 1 full Syn. since 1st oil change at 3K. I keep the intervals at 7-10K miles and haven't burned a drop either.
ocveloman is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.