2015 ordered today! stereo question... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > 2015 ordered today! stereo question...

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 08-26-2014, 09:11 PM   #1
CherokeePhantom
2015 WK 

Wk 2015 ordered today! stereo question...

Hey guys,
I have been reading things on the forum for the past couple of months as I knew I was to purchase a 2015 when they came available to do so. I received much insight which led me to order a white limited 4x4 with the HEMI, off road adventure 1, trailer tow and after much debate the luxury II. All I really wanted was the ventilated seats, and was worried about the moon roof leaking but I live in Texas and decided the seats were needed.
My question is if anyone knows what kind/brand of speakers are in the new 9 speaker stereo included in the lux II package now, I searched and did not see that anyone had asked the question. Thanks for any help and hope I can contribute to the group in the future.

CherokeePhantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2014, 09:59 PM   #2
rc51jim

Everything you could ever want to know can be found here:

http://www.wk2jeeps.com/wk2_2015_pricing.htm

Halfway down the page you will find this:

F. LUXURY GROUP II (AHN) (MSRP $4,200 / INV. $ 3,738) / with 3.0L CRD: (MSRP $3,000 / INV. $ 2,670)
8.4" Touch Screen Display (RFL)
506-watt amplifier (RFD)
Alpine 9 amplified speakers w/subwoofer (RC3)
Auto High Beam Headlamp Control (LMS)
Automatic Headlamp Leveling System (JKJ)
Bi-xenon Hid Headlamps (LM2)
Dual-pane Panoramic Sunroof (GWJ)
Nappa Leather Trim Seats W/perf Inserts (*DL)
LED Daytime Running Headlamps (LMZ)
Power Tilt/telescope Steering Column (SUB)
Rain Sensitive Windshield Wipers (JHC)
Roadside Assistance And 9-1-1 Call (RSR)
Uconnect 8.4A AM/FM/BT (RA3)
(Software upgradable to add navigation at any time; activation fee, dealer installation required)
Uconnect Access Advantage (RS7) (6 mo. trial registration required)
Ventilated Front Seats (CAJ)
rc51jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2014, 09:09 AM   #3
CherokeePhantom
2015 WK 

Sweet, thank you for the response. Back in the day I know that Alpine was decent enough quality- but I learned the other day upon visiting a local audio store that I don't know anything about stereos anymore....
Unread 08-28-2014, 03:16 PM   #4
spinxt

I gave a 14' limited w / Lux 2. I can say the audio
system is pretty good. Initially I thought it was lacking until I listened to some hifi digital audio and HD radio. I spend most of the time listening to SXM, which sounds good, but I didn't realize how flat SXM sounded until I played around with HD radio. WOW does it sound good!
spinxt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-2014, 08:19 PM   #5
ZX-10R
2014 WK 

The stereo is ok. I have a 2014 Limited 4x4 and it is not as loud as the stereo in my 03 Trailblazer. It does not suck but if I had to pay for it I would not.
ZX-10R is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-2014, 08:45 PM   #6
seeingwhite

I just picked up my 2015 overland. I would say the 9 speaker premium stereo is OK. The sub is very boomy, and not in a good way. But overall the stereo is good enough. And as far as being loud, it is plenty loud, so don't worry about that.

Btw, the jeep is awesome.
seeingwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2014, 07:30 AM   #7
spinxt

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZX-10R
The stereo is ok. I have a 2014 Limited 4x4 and it is not as loud as the stereo in my 03 Trailblazer. It does not suck but if I had to pay for it I would not.
I had a TrailBlazer with the premium Bose system and my 14' limited blows it away.

Keep in mind, the quality of sound starts with the source. Digital Audio (mp3) is a very lossy format. Download some high quality .cda format onto a memory stick and watch the system sound MUCH better. Same thing with satellite radio. The entire line of satellite channels uses the same bandwidth as ONE HD radio channel. Find a good HD signal and the system sounds great!
spinxt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2014, 12:08 PM   #8
SVTour
2014 WK 

I'm sure it's all in preference - but I actually think the stereo in this car is average at best. Sounds about the same quality as my 2011 Edge (Sony) - doesn't get very loud (needed when the windows are down), and nowhere near the sound quality of the Harmon Kardon Logic7 system in my 3 series. I'd like to hear the system in the Summit to see if it's any better...
SVTour is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2014, 12:14 PM   #9
Rdrakea
2011 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTour View Post
I'd like to hear the system in the Summit to see if it's any better...
I had an '11 Overland and now a '14 Summit. I thought the Alpine system was pretty good, but the HK is awesome.
Unread 08-29-2014, 02:24 PM   #10
kagmcp1
2014 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdrakea
I had an '11 Overland and now a '14 Summit. I thought the Alpine system was pretty good, but the HK is awesome.
I'm actually glad I've never heard the HK system because what I've heard from others in here, it is indeed awesome. The Alpine system in my Limited for me was a step up in my opinion over my Bose system in my old 08, so I'm very happy with the Alpine. Now I don't worry about having HK system envy because I don't know what I'm missing. If you are an audiophile, the Alpine would surely fall short.
kagmcp1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2014, 04:09 PM   #11
kkreit01

Just because it says "Alpine", don't expect much. The OE speakers are way worse than Alpines lowest aftermarket line. The design and tuning of the system is even worse.
kkreit01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2014, 06:47 AM   #12
Ah673000
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTour
I'm sure it's all in preference - but I actually think the stereo in this car is average at best. Sounds about the same quality as my 2011 Edge (Sony) - doesn't get very loud (needed when the windows are down), and nowhere near the sound quality of the Harmon Kardon Logic7 system in my 3 series. I'd like to hear the system in the Summit to see if it's any better...
I have four vehicles ....all have original factory sound systems. They are : Alpine , HK, Bose, and infinity. The oldest rig is a 1997 BMW with the HK system . It beats all the other systems hands down . My 2014 with the Alpine system only is better then the Bose system ..... Which has been poor since day one . The Infinity system in my '02 Jeep is much better then the Alpine in my new Jeep.
Ah673000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2014, 10:06 PM   #13
ZX-10R
2014 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinxt
I had a TrailBlazer with the premium Bose system and my 14' limited blows it away. Keep in mind, the quality of sound starts with the source. Digital Audio (mp3) is a very lossy format. Download some high quality .cda format onto a memory stick and watch the system sound MUCH better. Same thing with satellite radio. The entire line of satellite channels uses the same bandwidth as ONE HD radio channel. Find a good HD signal and the system sounds great!
Believe me this stereo is ok. I had a Monson stereo upgrade on my wife's Old G6 GT and it would walk this stereo all over the place. Like I said. Not bad but jot great. Not pay worthy quality.
ZX-10R is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2014, 11:33 PM   #14
gbakes

I've been researching the JGC for a month or so now and the only reason I'm choosing the Summit over the Overland is the stereo. I actually prefer the look of the overland much better but that HK is really nice in the Summit.

I will, however, be replacing the rims and that chrome grill with the blacked out inserts found on the OL. Should be able to land a '15 in the next week or so!
gbakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2014, 08:25 AM   #15
CherokeePhantom
2015 WK 

Alpine never was that high quality of a speaker, think I am going to have to replace with Focals or jl audio eventually...

Jbakes if you don't want that summit grill I'll buy it if the price is right I was going to get one off allmoparparts.com along with the paintable rings, I am going for the white and black look...

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.