2015 Jeep GC Altitude III Limited Edition? - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > 2015 Jeep GC Altitude III Limited Edition?

ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineJeep Grand Cherokee Tie Rods & Adjusting Sleeves

Reply
Unread 02-09-2015, 07:35 PM   #1
ajpal1323
Registered User
2011 WK 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Boulder, CO
Posts: 4
Wk 2015 Jeep GC Altitude III Limited Edition?

I was searching on wk2jeeps.com for some info on my current GC, and seen that they were going to be coming out with an Altitude III Limited Edition in Spring of 2015. Has anyone heard of this or whats going to be in this model?

I'm hoping they add the Luxury Group II package to the Altitude!

ajpal1323 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-10-2015, 06:31 AM   #2
jim_in_PA
Registered User
2012 WK 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bucks County, PA
Posts: 828
No details have been released that I've seen...
__________________
2012 Grand Cherokee Overland Summit 5.7L V8 - Winter Chill with New Saddle Interior - Nitto NT421Q
jim_in_PA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-10-2015, 07:29 AM   #3
andrec10
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Hyde Park, NY
Posts: 8
Curious to see what this package has. Replacing the Wife's Acura TL SH-AWD with a Altitude this summer, and would love the HID lights. Its gonna be a Lease, so no retrofits...
andrec10 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-12-2015, 09:58 AM   #4
andrec10
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Hyde Park, NY
Posts: 8
Anything?
andrec10 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-13-2015, 01:31 PM   #5
jim_in_PA
Registered User
2012 WK 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bucks County, PA
Posts: 828
There has been no information released on any changes to-date. Monitor wk2jeeps.com as that site is posted by an "insider" and the information is pretty reliable. If it's not posted...it's not known.
__________________
2012 Grand Cherokee Overland Summit 5.7L V8 - Winter Chill with New Saddle Interior - Nitto NT421Q
jim_in_PA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-20-2015, 04:30 PM   #6
lawdocjoe
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 40
I have a new Altitude special order that just came in sitting at the dealership and wanted it because it has less chrome. I wanted the following but could not have it: 1) Smooth leather seats; 2) Pano sunroof; 3) Mechanized front passenger seat; 4) Vanity mirror with light on passenger visor. Don't want to get scooped on this if the model in 6 weeks has these options (if it exists), but also not interested in additional nifty badging, or other commemorative trinkets and jingles. I have checked wk2jeeps.com and there is still no info. I called Jeep customer service today and they had no info. I have two major Jeep dealerships getting in touch with their regional Jeep reps. Anybody have any news? Thanks.

Last edited by lawdocjoe; 02-20-2015 at 04:41 PM.. Reason: Grammar
lawdocjoe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-23-2015, 09:54 AM   #7
Raptor
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 187
The reason you can't get some of the higher level trim options on an Altitude Edition model is because the Altitude trim has always been based off the entry level Larado models.

Looks great with less chrome and cool black accents but unfortunately the upper level trim and electronic options of a Limited or an Overland are not available in an Altitude trim package.

This allows Jeep to charge a lot more for a basic Larado vehicle with some different badges and paint on some trim pieces and wheels.... Higher profit model for Chrysler.
Raptor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-23-2015, 04:40 PM   #8
lawdocjoe
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 40
Yes, I get that the Altitude is based off of the Laredo, but it does have some higher end features. I would agree with your point on gouging for a higher profit on the Laredo, but also if they offered these items as options, there would be less incentive to spend more money on a Limited or Overland. I've owned Jeeps exclusively for 35 years but this almost made me change brands.
lawdocjoe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-26-2015, 12:39 PM   #9
overland_HO
Registered User
2013 WK 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: SLC, UT
Posts: 301
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor View Post
The reason you can't get some of the higher level trim options on an Altitude Edition model is because the Altitude trim has always been based off the entry level Larado models.

Looks great with less chrome and cool black accents but unfortunately the upper level trim and electronic options of a Limited or an Overland are not available in an Altitude trim package.

This allows Jeep to charge a lot more for a basic Larado vehicle with some different badges and paint on some trim pieces and wheels.... Higher profit model for Chrysler.
I agree to a point, but there are exceptions. Thawk is based of Laredo-X, but my Hawk has pretty much all of the other options minus the front radar and the fancy H&K speakers, leather dash and heated steering wheel. Plus I dont want or like all that wood, I like the younger appearance of it. Alpine is good enough for us, no front radar because we actually use our Jeep outdoors and have almost ripped off the front bumper like 3 times already, lol... We enjoy it because I have not seen another one here yet, since we bought her in salt lake bran new. Some of the looks I get from the Rubicon dudes are freakin funny stuff when out and about. (Yes I know it is not a Rubicon or rock crawler) What I don't get is why don't they offer the HEMI in the Altitudes anymore?
__________________
13 TrailHawk|HEMI|RubiRims&BFG MT|Intake
14 Silverado 3500|DMax|Allision|Z71|Tuned
overland_HO is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-26-2015, 10:17 PM   #10
lawdocjoe
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 40
I took delivery today. Apparently the word is that the new Altitude Special Edition will be out within a couple of months. Dealer wrote it into the contract that if it comes out within 6 months and I like it better, he will give me essentially the value of my vehicle on a trade in (less my customized options).
lawdocjoe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-27-2015, 06:32 AM   #11
BlckWK2
Registered User
2014 WK 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Metro Detroit, MI
Posts: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawdocjoe View Post
Dealer wrote it into the contract that if it comes out within 6 months and I like it better, he will give me essentially the value of my vehicle on a trade in (less my customized options).
Well, it probably won't be a dramatic change. Your "value of vehicle trade in" can be obtained any time since that is essentially what you would get. The value of your vehicle at time of trade in.
BlckWK2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-27-2015, 07:04 AM   #12
andrec10
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Hyde Park, NY
Posts: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlckWK2 View Post
Well, it probably won't be a dramatic change. Your "value of vehicle trade in" can be obtained any time since that is essentially what you would get. The value of your vehicle at time of trade in.
They are not doing him any favors...Trust me! I am glad the Lease is not up on the Wifes Acura until the summer! Gives me time to see whats up with the new packages.
andrec10 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-27-2015, 12:54 PM   #13
ajpal1323
Registered User
2011 WK 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Boulder, CO
Posts: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawdocjoe View Post
I took delivery today. Apparently the word is that the new Altitude Special Edition will be out within a couple of months. Dealer wrote it into the contract that if it comes out within 6 months and I like it better, he will give me essentially the value of my vehicle on a trade in (less my customized options).
Did they say what was so different about the New Edition. The salesmen at my dealership keep playing phone tag with me because they want me to buy one on the lot now.
ajpal1323 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-27-2015, 05:46 PM   #14
lawdocjoe
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrec10 View Post
They are not doing him any favors...Trust me! I am glad the Lease is not up on the Wifes Acura until the summer! Gives me time to see whats up with the new packages.
Yeah, okay I'll trust you.
lawdocjoe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-27-2015, 05:47 PM   #15
lawdocjoe
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlckWK2 View Post
Well, it probably won't be a dramatic change. Your "value of vehicle trade in" can be obtained any time since that is essentially what you would get. The value of your vehicle at time of trade in.
Perhaps I was not clear, but you make an assumption here. They gave me a specific dollar amount. I would otherwise never agree to such ambiguous and broad language.
lawdocjoe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Thread Tools






Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.