2014 WK2 Problem - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > 2014 WK2 Problem

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineBill Baird Motorsports DIY parts - NalinMFG.comComponent speaker deal for your dash - NalinMFG

Unread 05-04-2013, 04:31 AM   #16
sost1sg
2012 JK Wrangler 

I agree and if I had my choice, I would have opted out but it is standard equip on limited. I actually dislike it very much!! The fact that it doesn't work as it is supposed to makes it even better!!!

sost1sg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-04-2013, 04:52 AM   #17
Ungerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sost1sg
I agree and if I had my choice, I would have opted out but it is standard equip on limited. I actually dislike it very much!! The fact that it doesn't work as it is supposed to makes it even better!!!
You can make so you only can open it by lifting it up by hand . You can turn the power lift off .
Ungerer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-04-2013, 09:11 AM   #18
sost1sg
2012 JK Wrangler 

How do u turn the power lift off?
sost1sg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-04-2013, 05:11 PM   #19
Ungerer

It should be in your book for the jeep or call the dealer .
Unread 05-04-2013, 05:15 PM   #20
Ungerer

Have had a talk to wife and she said the dealer said to lift handle two times to turn off power lift gate . So give that a go
Unread 05-04-2013, 06:42 PM   #21
BobsWK2
2014 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13ovsummit View Post
Just for everyone's info., my 2013 WK2 only requires 2 clicks to open the hatch - locked or unlocked. If the vehicle is locked with the alarm activated, and the hatch is opened with the FOB, the alarm is deactivated but the doors stay locked. The alarm automatically re-activates when the hatch is closed and the doors, or course, remain locked. Seems like that's how it should work to me ... !?

Rob
That's how my previous 2012 Overland operated. One would think the 2014's would be the same way.
Unread 05-06-2013, 06:08 AM   #22
JeepCares

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobsWK2 View Post
Thanks Lee. My dealer did contact Chrysler this past Monday. Chrysler said they would get back to the dealer within 24-48 hours. It's been 96 hours and still no response from Chrysler.
If you want, PM your VIN and dealer.
JeepCares is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2013, 07:44 PM   #23
BobsWK2
2014 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepCares View Post
If you want, PM your VIN and dealer.
Lee, PM sent. Thank you
Unread 05-06-2013, 11:18 PM   #24
ChrisOC

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabbagabba View Post
I have to admit I find a power liftgate pointless on a GC, on a miniman it makes sense

Sorry to hear you guys have an issue
I disagree, I can't count how many times I wished I had ordered it after seeing my pops jeep with it. Whether I have both hands full of groceries, surfboard and wetsuit, golfclubs, or mountain bike etc., it would always be greatly appreciated to pop the trunk on my way to the jeep. Opening the trunk is not hard with these things but at times it can be awkward to keep the longer items from hitting my car or the one parked behind me while opening the trunk.
ChrisOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2013, 06:42 AM   #25
streetmuziq

Love the power lift gate. Practically use it everyday. It's so convenient to be able to open it while your walking up regardless if you have stuff in your hands or not. Or not even touch it as u walk away and just click to close. I almost didn't get it. Glad I did. Highly recommended.
streetmuziq is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Today, 10:20 AM   #26
CorgiRunner

Same here

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobsWK2 View Post
I have a 2014 WK2 Summit 4X4 V8. When using the keyfob to open the liftgate, I have to click the liftgate button 4 times (instead of the normal 2 clicks) to get the liftgate to open or close. The first double click, I can hear some module(s) waking up, the tach and coolant/gas gauge/shifter handle light up, but the liftgate doesn't operate. When I click the keyfob with two 2X clicks, then it operates like its supposed to. I've tried using fast clicks, slow clicks (within 5 seconds, like the OM says), but it makes no difference.

Dealer already tried initializing the vehicle again, (they mentioned the VCM and BCM) but that didn't help.

Any advice is appreciated. Maybe JeepCares can look into it?

Thanks
I have the same problem with my 2014 GC. I took it in for annual inspection and had them check it while I was there and they said the problem is in the latch release?? They are replacing that. I'll let you know if it helps.
CorgiRunner is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.