2014 WK2 Problem - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > 2014 WK2 Problem

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank SkidFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Reply
Unread 04-29-2013, 06:52 PM   #1
BobsWK2
Registered User
2014 WK 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: West Coast
Posts: 387
2014 WK2 Problem

I have a 2014 WK2 Summit 4X4 V8. When using the keyfob to open the liftgate, I have to click the liftgate button 4 times (instead of the normal 2 clicks) to get the liftgate to open or close. The first double click, I can hear some module(s) waking up, the tach and coolant/gas gauge/shifter handle light up, but the liftgate doesn't operate. When I click the keyfob with two 2X clicks, then it operates like its supposed to. I've tried using fast clicks, slow clicks (within 5 seconds, like the OM says), but it makes no difference.

Dealer already tried initializing the vehicle again, (they mentioned the VCM and BCM) but that didn't help.

Any advice is appreciated. Maybe JeepCares can look into it?

Thanks

__________________
2014 Summit 4X4 V8
BobsWK2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2013, 03:07 AM   #2
sost1sg
Registered User
2012 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Mahwah, New Jersey
Posts: 123
You have to unlock the doors first and then the two clicks works. Doesn't make any sense but that's the only way I've been able to make it work on two clicks. Maybe a software update coming as more people complain.
sost1sg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2013, 09:04 AM   #3
jim_in_PA
Registered User
2012 WK 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bucks County, PA
Posts: 496
Hmm...on my MY12, the double-click for the tailgate works without regard to the "locked" or "unlocked" status of the vehicle.
__________________
2012 Grand Cherokee Overland Summit 5.7L V8 - Winter Chill with New Saddle Interior
jim_in_PA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2013, 12:51 PM   #4
jacko15
Registered User
2014 WK 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Pennsylvania's North Shore
Posts: 804
Just tried this on my '14. One click to unlock, two more to open tailgate. So those clicking four times are clicking one time too many. Not really a tailgate problem. I wonder if there's a setting to open the tailgate with the vehicle locked? If so, then it would only take two clicks to open the tailgate.
__________________
Hers: 2008 Jeep Compass Sport
Mine: 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland V/6 ORA II
Michelin LTX M/S 2's
jacko15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2013, 04:12 PM   #5
BobsWK2
Registered User
2014 WK 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: West Coast
Posts: 387
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim_in_PA View Post
Hmm...on my MY12, the double-click for the tailgate works without regard to the "locked" or "unlocked" status of the vehicle.
That's how my 2012 WK2 also worked, so I thoght it was the same for the 2014. I doubt it but maybe something changed for the 2014?

So how about it 2014 owners, does the liftgate operate with only 2 clicks on the liftgate keyfob button? Shouldn't matter if the vehicle is locked or unlocked.
__________________
2014 Summit 4X4 V8
BobsWK2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2013, 05:53 PM   #6
sost1sg
Registered User
2012 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Mahwah, New Jersey
Posts: 123
No that was the whole point of the thread! My 14 limited and the others, including OP are reporting that the two clicks from the fob does not open the lift gate.
sost1sg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2013, 12:53 AM   #7
BobsWK2
Registered User
2014 WK 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: West Coast
Posts: 387
Quote:
Originally Posted by sost1sg View Post
No that was the whole point of the thread! My 14 limited and the others, including OP are reporting that the two clicks from the fob does not open the lift gate.
If this is true, then it sounds like Jeep changed the opening sequence for the 2014's.
__________________
2014 Summit 4X4 V8
BobsWK2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2013, 12:19 PM   #8
JeepCares
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: MOPAR World Headquarters, Chrysler Group LLC
Posts: 2,459
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobsWK2 View Post
When I click the keyfob with two 2X clicks, then it operates like its supposed to. I've tried using fast clicks, slow clicks (within 5 seconds, like the OM says), but it makes no difference.

Dealer already tried initializing the vehicle again, (they mentioned the VCM and BCM) but that didn't help.

Any advice is appreciated. Maybe JeepCares can look into it?

Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by sost1sg View Post
No that was the whole point of the thread! My 14 limited and the others, including OP are reporting that the two clicks from the fob does not open the lift gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobsWK2 View Post
If this is true, then it sounds like Jeep changed the opening sequence for the 2014's.
When I asked around, I was told it could be opened with just two clicks.
BobsWK2- your dealer can contact our tech group if they are at a loss.
__________________
Lee
U.S. Top Care
Chrysler Group LLC
JeepCares is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2013, 01:19 PM   #9
gabbagabba
Registered User
2014 WK 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Southwest, NH
Posts: 386
I have a '14 limited and 2 clicks opens the tailgate every time
gabbagabba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2013, 06:52 PM   #10
BobsWK2
Registered User
2014 WK 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: West Coast
Posts: 387
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepCares View Post
When I asked around, I was told it could be opened with just two clicks.
BobsWK2- your dealer can contact our tech group if they are at a loss.
Thanks Lee. My dealer did contact Chrysler this past Monday. Chrysler said they would get back to the dealer within 24-48 hours. It's been 96 hours and still no response from Chrysler.
__________________
2014 Summit 4X4 V8
BobsWK2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2013, 06:55 PM   #11
BobsWK2
Registered User
2014 WK 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: West Coast
Posts: 387
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabbagabba View Post
I have a '14 limited and 2 clicks opens the tailgate every time
I hope yours keeps working like that because on the other board, sounds like I'm not the only one with the problem. Seems to work as it should for a while, then it stops working with 2 clicks. I'm not positive, but I could swear mine worked correctly for its first week or so. Could be as more 2014's get some miles on them, they lose some functions.
__________________
2014 Summit 4X4 V8
BobsWK2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2013, 08:11 PM   #12
13ovsummit
Registered User
2013 WK 
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 119
Just for everyone's info., my 2013 WK2 only requires 2 clicks to open the hatch - locked or unlocked. If the vehicle is locked with the alarm activated, and the hatch is opened with the FOB, the alarm is deactivated but the doors stay locked. The alarm automatically re-activates when the hatch is closed and the doors, or course, remain locked. Seems like that's how it should work to me ... !?

Rob
13ovsummit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2013, 08:28 PM   #13
sost1sg
Registered User
2012 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Mahwah, New Jersey
Posts: 123
My '14 limited definitely requires four clicks unless unlocking the doors first. It has never opened with just two.
sost1sg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2013, 08:44 PM   #14
gabbagabba
Registered User
2014 WK 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Southwest, NH
Posts: 386
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobsWK2 View Post
Thanks Lee. My dealer did contact Chrysler this past Monday. Chrysler said they would get back to the dealer within 24-48 hours. It's been 96 hours and still no response from Chrysler.
I have to admit I find a power liftgate pointless on a GC, on a miniman it makes sense

Sorry to hear you guys have an issue
gabbagabba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2013, 11:38 PM   #15
Ungerer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Glenden, Queensland
Posts: 701
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabbagabba

I have to admit I find a power liftgate pointless on a GC, on a miniman it makes sense

Sorry to hear you guys have an issue
My wife has a u/s shoulder and she loves it
Ungerer is offline   Reply With Quote




Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.