2014 V6 Eco Mode - How to default to off?!? - Page 7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > 2014 V6 Eco Mode - How to default to off?!?

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Nitro Gear Packages Now Available at Rockridge 4wdGear Packages Available! Your # 1 Diff Shop is ROCKRIDGE 4

Unread 01-21-2014, 07:55 AM   #91
atc1989
2014 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kg4u View Post
I agree. I have no issues with ECO mode in mine, and I enjoy the 20 MPG I average. If I need an extra kick, like when merging on to the expressway, a little flick of the shifter puts it into Sport mode. My son is an engine calibration engineer for Chrysler, and offered to reprogram my Jeep so ECO would default to OFF. I chose not to.
Well, sounds pretty encouraging. I shall wait and see. The models I test drove were older builds and therefore had the sluggish shift pattern. Love the jeep too much to not buy it. I'll update everyone on my thoughts when I take delivery.

atc1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2014, 08:51 AM   #92
jacko15
2014 WK 

Don't forget the transmission is adaptive in its behavior. Give it some time to learn your driving style.
jacko15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2014, 09:57 AM   #93
ironpeddler123

ECO Button

Can't see that my last reply is showing up, so will try this. The transmission shifting on my 2014 Grand Cherokee was absolutely undriveable when I got it. The only way I could get it to work was to push off the ECO button. Having to push off a button every time I got into a $40,000 auto was/is not acceptable. From this forum I found from this forum that there is a Service Bulletin that reprograms the transmission. Bulletin # 21-007-13, which has an updated number now. I made an appointment with the dealer and told them to do the upgrade. The transmission does work well now. It seems the early versions had this problem but it appears they fixed the problem on the later versions. It was a very trying first 4 months with the vehicle. I much prefer the ECO button on my wife's new Honda CR-V which you can set in either the ECO or non-ECO mode and it will stay there until you change it. The ECO mode is very acceptable on it and transmission is seamless.
ironpeddler123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2014, 09:26 PM   #94
qKevinjh
2014 WJ 

2014 GC Limited V6 here.

Anyone else find the ECO mode (on) results in WORSE gas mileage? Not significant, but noticeable.
qKevinjh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2014, 10:48 PM   #95
Bullheadbud
2014 WK 

2014 GC Limited V6 also. I've checked mine and found no significant difference between eco on or off driving the same roads at about same time daily. Maybe it's your gasoline source causing the difference or weather conditions?
Bullheadbud is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2014, 06:10 AM   #96
Ah673000
2002 WJ 

July build Overland W / V6 .....

I do see a difference in mpg using Eco mode ( 2 mpg)

I do feel an improved performance difference when in S

My truck has not had the computer update ( going in next week)

My rig now has 4000 miles on it and shifts fine 90% of the time. Sometimes it downshifts into first hard .

I like driving in S mode, but like the improved mpgs better..... So it stays in Eco mode as a norm.

Drive my '02 V8 when I want to have fun in a Jeep.....
Ah673000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2014, 01:56 PM   #97
vgrift
2014 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepGC6855 View Post
I must have gotten lucky with my 2014 Limited. My Jeep is never sluggish when the eco light is on and if I turn it off, I don't notice much difference. I do however notice a big difference when I put in sport mode.
Same with me. We have a 2014 Limited, & it is never sluggish either. Now the first time my wife bumped the "-" paddle shifter at speed by accident was ...interesting
vgrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2014, 07:24 AM   #98
Skeeterga

Eco Mode Default

Call Chrysler Customer Relations at 1-800-992-1997 and file a complaint about the issue. Wait to talk to a live representative. They are getting some calls about the default on eco mode but don't have enough to create an update. I believe if they continue to recieve calls they will create an update to default to last-on mode. Tell others who have the 2014 model. This is not only frustrating but can be dangerous when pulling out in traffic due to slow shift points in eco mode. Even the shift point flash doesn't correctly fix the issue.
Skeeterga is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2014, 09:05 AM   #99
loveracing1988

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeeterga View Post
Call Chrysler Customer Relations at 1-800-992-1997 and file a complaint about the issue. Wait to talk to a live representative. They are getting some calls about the default on eco mode but don't have enough to create an update. I believe if they continue to recieve calls they will create an update to default to last-on mode. Tell others who have the 2014 model. This is not only frustrating but can be dangerous when pulling out in traffic due to slow shift points in eco mode. Even the shift point flash doesn't correctly fix the issue.
The 2014's have been out for over a year now and nothing has came out, if anything it would be included in the 2015's when they come out.
loveracing1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2014, 09:13 AM   #100
Steiner84
2014 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveracing1988 View Post

The 2014's have been out for over a year now and nothing has came out, if anything it would be included in the 2015's when they come out.
That's not to say they wouldn't still issue a TSB for '14s. After all, they're still releasing them for '11-'13 models.
Steiner84 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2014, 09:15 AM   #101
ColdCase
My Reality Check Bounced

2011 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeeterga View Post
I dunno, folks here have been complaining to Jeep about WK2 defaults and shift points and sluggishness since Y2010 when the 2011s came out, and nothing has changed.

IMHO, Chrysler/Fiat needs to be hearing these complaints from their dealers, more effective if there are lost sales due to a feature or lack thereof that a competitor does better and for less money. Its going to take a bit more work than simply picking up the phone and calling Jeep to complain... although it won't hurt. It may also help one feel better as one can release some of their frustration.
Unread 03-17-2014, 02:13 PM   #102
Roscoe27

Question 2014 Grand Cherokee ECO Sucks

There seems to be no way to default the ECO setting to frigging OFF. This reeks of crap.

ECO setting is dangerous in traffic and I find myself screaming at the car because of this insane setting. What Marxist in the EPA mandated this Idiocy? How STUPID could this be? I have a 290 HP vehicle that drives like a DUNG Pile until one manually defeats the moronic ECO setting.

Common JEEP, get your crap together and give US the Choice...not some pencil neck environmental communist who wants us all driving a frigging Prius.

Question: How do we default the ECO setting to OFF? If NO, then when is JEEP going to fix this STUPIDITY?

Other Than that, I love my nes JEEP.
Roscoe27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2014, 02:34 PM   #103
JeepGC6855
2014 WK 

I need to go and test drive another Grand Cherokee because mine runs great with the eco on and never had a reason to turn it off. I would probably just shift to Sport mode anyway should I want it to run quicker which does turn it off.
Unread 03-17-2014, 02:47 PM   #104
loveracing1988

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepGC6855 View Post
I need to go and test drive another Grand Cherokee because mine runs great with the eco on and never had a reason to turn it off. I would probably just shift to Sport mode anyway should I want it to run quicker which does turn it off.
This.
loveracing1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2014, 02:09 PM   #105
kloubik
2014 WK 

I decided to do a small "experiment". I ran the car with ECO OFF for a couple of days of my normal driving: commuting to work + some grocery shopping. 20-30 miles a day in a suburb traffic. I did 140 miles in total and the fuel consumption was better by 0.5-1 mpg compared to driving with ECO ON! I will do more testing and will try to do one full gas tank with ECO ON and another one with ECO OFF...both in the same conditions on my daily commute. Right now with ECO ON my mpg is worse again....

I still think Chrysler needs to address this. We need a way to default ECO OFF. Although ECO mode is now usable with the latest update I do not like the constant shifting. When I am going around 45 mph the transmission goes between 7th and 8th gear almost non stop just to put the engine 50-100 rpm down for a few seconds. Once I touch the gas it goes back to 7th.... How good can this constant shifting be for the transmission longevity?
kloubik is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.