2014 V6 Eco Mode - How to default to off?!? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > 2014 V6 Eco Mode - How to default to off?!?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Aluminum BumpersThe RuffStuff "I can't go to EJS" Sale!

Unread 08-17-2013, 08:37 AM   #16
jacko15
2014 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDM View Post
11,000 miles and my 2014 Laredo still has a frustrating sluggish shift in ECO.
This may solve your problem:

File Type: pdf tsb_wk2_2100713.pdf (125.3 KB, 502 views)
jacko15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2013, 04:44 PM   #17
loveracing1988

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacko15 View Post

This may solve your problem:
What will solve it?...
loveracing1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2013, 05:54 PM   #18
gorcorps
2014 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveracing1988 View Post
What will solve it?...
He attached a PDF with info of a transmission control flash that Jeep released. Should help with the low gear shifts. I plan on going to my dealer ASAP
gorcorps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2013, 06:12 PM   #19
loveracing1988

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorcorps View Post

He attached a PDF with info of a transmission control flash that Jeep released. Should help with the low gear shifts. I plan on going to my dealer ASAP
Oh, ok. Stupid app left that part out.
Unread 08-19-2013, 11:38 PM   #20
kloubik
2014 WK 

If the car at least remembered the setting with engine off only for 5 minutes or so when stopping for gas or grocery etc. I stop the car, leave it for a minute, get back, need to merge into traffic and the car is like dying and so sluggish under the gas before realising that the ECO reset itself to ON every time I start the car, even if turned of only for a second....sooo frustrating...I just sometimes do not remember to turn it off with every start.

Will also try the transmission flash but do not see how this can help with ECO keeping the car constantly at 8th gear doing 35 mph with lowest rpms possible. But I have rough upshift from 1st to 2nd and some occasional jerks so hopefully the tsb will take care of that.
kloubik is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2013, 12:58 AM   #21
loveracing1988

Quote:
Originally Posted by kloubik View Post
If the car at least remembered the setting with engine off only for 5 minutes or so when stopping for gas or grocery etc. I stop the car, leave it for a minute, get back, need to merge into traffic and the car is like dying and so sluggish under the gas before realising that the ECO reset itself to ON every time I start the car, even if turned of only for a second....sooo frustrating...I just sometimes do not remember to turn it off with every start.

Will also try the transmission flash but do not see how this can help with ECO keeping the car constantly at 8th gear doing 35 mph with lowest rpms possible. But I have rough upshift from 1st to 2nd and some occasional jerks so hopefully the tsb will take care of that.
After the flash now it doesn't keep it in 8th gear at the low speeds, and now the fuel mileage went down, awesome.
Unread 08-20-2013, 03:04 PM   #22
hemispin
2014 WK 

Quote:
After the flash now it doesn't keep it in 8th gear at the low speeds, and now the fuel mileage went down, awesome.
Was that a surprise? If you want higher RPM shift points or the trans to hold a gear longer, you gotta give something up...
hemispin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2013, 03:37 PM   #23
kloubik
2014 WK 

Will try the to schedule an appointment for the flash asap. Did not know it will change the shiftpoints too, thought it should primarily take care of the rough and jerky shifts at low speeds. With the current setting in ECO the car is almost dangerous to drive in some situations with how sluggish and unresponsive it is.
kloubik is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2013, 12:57 AM   #24
loveracing1988

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemispin View Post

Was that a surprise? If you want higher RPM shift points or the trans to hold a gear longer, you gotta give something up...
That's the thing, I didn't want that, if I wanted that I would have taken it out of eco mode or put it in sport mode.
Unread 08-21-2013, 08:02 PM   #25
Butterjeep
2012 JK Wrangler 

I've made it a habit to disable Eco every time I'm in the car. It's as normal as putting on my seatbelt now.
Unread 08-27-2013, 08:50 AM   #26
gflores1
2014 WK 

5500 miles on my 2014 JGC and the shifting is poor between 4 to 1 on the down shift. seems irregular and is sluggish at times. The engine power is adequate but the poor shifting could create additional wear and tear on the transmission and engine. I've taken back to dealer once 8/2/13 for this issue and they upgraded the firmware/software that was to fix 5-4 gear shifting. This change did smooth out the 3,4,5 shifting a little, but did not fix the sluggish down shifting. I'm hoping there will be a fix soon because trying to stay out of Eco mode is not good engineering.
gflores1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2013, 06:45 AM   #27
lstmhcn

Economy mode default to off

Add me to the list of unsatisfied buyers of the 2014 Grand Cherokee - this economy mode thing is a joke. The vehicle is frustratingly sluggish.

Can't believe there isn't a way to change default to economy mode off.
lstmhcn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2013, 08:27 AM   #28
DangFoo
I Had Bacon Today

2008 JK Wrangler 

I have a 2013 V6 and the Eco mode is excellent; getting way better mileage than our JKs and a solid improvement over any Grand Cherokee I've owned in the past. Averaged 24 mpg on a recent road trip with plenty of passing power; even ascending hills to Tahoe.

Is it the tranny in the '14s that is causing this sluggishness that you guys are describing? Perhaps the shift points need to be re-mapped, as it would be a shame to lose the efficiency of Eco mode entirely (e.g. When freeway cruising).
DangFoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2013, 08:27 AM   #29
jacko15
2014 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lstmhcn View Post
Add me to the list of unsatisfied buyers of the 2014 Grand Cherokee - this economy mode thing is a joke. The vehicle is frustratingly sluggish.

Can't believe there isn't a way to change default to economy mode off.
Welcome to the forum. You haven't provided any info about your Jeep, so this may or may not apply, but there is a TSB for a TCM software update that many have said helps the eco mode acceleration.
File Type: pdf tsb_wk2_2100713.pdf (125.3 KB, 128 views)
jacko15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2013, 10:16 PM   #30
gorcorps
2014 WK 

Quote:
I just got the flash too but I like it. Not nearly as big of a "hump" when accelerating from a dead stop and I don't see any noticeable mileage difference. Mine still seems to hold 8th gear at any speed once I stay at a constant speed for a short amount of time, but that's exactly what I expect it to do with economy mode.

People seem to have very odd expectations for a fuel economy mode on an 8 speed SUV
gorcorps is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.