2014 V6 Eco Mode - How to default to off?!? - Page 10 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > 2014 V6 Eco Mode - How to default to off?!?

New Vendor - ARTEC Industries Battery MountsComplete Axle Options Expanded !!!! ECGSNEW Smittybilt Gen 2 9.5 winch at JeepHut.com

Unread 07-09-2014, 06:39 AM   #136
chowner
2014 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by esimp View Post
Well I'm with Karl. I would have paid up to $5000 premium to get a manual transmission. I learned to drive stick at age 14 with a beat 1982 Dodge Charger 2.2 my uncle let us kids drive in the back woods. I've been driving nothing but sticks since, for 26 years until.....this Feb with the Jeep. I married my wife because she, too, drove a manual (these things are important in a relationship).

I don't need electronic traction control. I need a clutch and my left foot and that's plenty of traction control.

For the first time ever. There is no car with a manual in our driveway.

Sad sad sad sad. I know this is a v6 thread and I'm a Hemi GC driver, but MAN would a stick plus the v8 in the JGC be a BLAST.

Driving is boredom (unless you are driving on VT 125 in Ripton, Vermont). Gimme something mechanical to DO at least if I'm stuck in the x and y axis.
Huh?

Hate to say it, but if you want a manual by a sports car not a luxury suv

drugs are bad mkay?

chowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2014, 07:21 AM   #137
redddog

Yeah. I've always driven amphibious vehicles. For the first time I can remember, I don't own one as my daily driver.

I hate this jeep.
redddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2014, 03:01 PM   #138
esimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by chowner
Huh? Hate to say it, but if you want a manual by a sports car not a luxury suv drugs are bad mkay?
Ya, trying towing a 5000 pound Four Winns boat/trailer with a sports car....I have a boat (hole in water that I feed money into) therefore I do not have a sports car.

I'm lamenting the steady loss of stick transmissions. It's sad. There was a time when most trucks and SUVs came with manuals. There are those of us who would opt for a stick no matter what class/type of vehicle.
esimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2014, 03:25 PM   #139
loveracing1988

Quote:
Originally Posted by esimp View Post

Ya, trying towing a 5000 pound Four Winns boat/trailer with a sports car....I have a boat (hole in water that I feed money into) therefore I do not have a sports car.

I'm lamenting the steady loss of stick transmissions. It's sad. There was a time when most trucks and SUVs came with manuals. There are those of us who would opt for a stick no matter what class/type of vehicle.
In a sports car I can see why, it is a more involved and rewarding experience and such. But there is really no real world advantage to manual transmissions anymore. All of the old advantages have since disappeared within the last few years as the manufacturers have figured out how to get more efficiency out of automatics. The 8 speed in my ram already feels like driving a semi, I couldn't imagine driving a 8 speed or higher manual all of the time. Yes I realize that most manuals are 6 speeds but to try and make a manual more efficient you need to give it more gears as well.
loveracing1988 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2014, 08:40 AM   #140
lstmhcn

Fixed!

If you haven't done so already and are still having sluggishness with ECO mode, definitely get your software updated. Completely fixes the problem and vehicle now drives as it should even in ECO mode. Still won't buy another Jeep after this experience, but at least it will work for the rest of the time I have it on lease. By the way, it took three hours or so for the dealer to update the software so you may want to leave the vehicle rather than wait (like I did).
lstmhcn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-21-2014, 01:57 PM   #141
SteveoWK

FIXED Also! I had my Jeep in for the booster recall and they noticed I had an open body control module flash. I was amazed at the difference now with ECO on. I had always turned it off immediately. Now, there is literally no need. I would definitely take the effort to get this update if its bothering you.
SteveoWK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2014, 09:51 PM   #142
Ellarosa

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveoWK View Post
FIXED Also! I had my Jeep in for the booster recall and they noticed I had an open body control module flash. I was amazed at the difference now with ECO on. I had always turned it off immediately. Now, there is literally no need. I would definitely take the effort to get this update if its bothering you.
Which update is it that you are referring to? update 18-19-05-9D ?
Ellarosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2014, 06:23 PM   #143
atxmoses

Finally got my 2014 JGC Limited into the shop for PCM PER TSB 18-034-13 drivability software updated TTTCM PER TSB 21-007-13 shift quality. They also applied several updates related to radio communication and A/C quality. It it totally drivable in eco mode now and if you haven't done this yet.. get her in there and get it updated. I may be in love with my Jeep again... for the first time.
atxmoses is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-15-2014, 01:52 PM   #144
adamchrtrnd
2015 WK 

Is there a way to figure out what updates are available with regard to software for a specific vehicle? I just purchase a 2015 Altitude a couple weeks ago - I would imagine that there wouldn't be anything available for mine but you never know!
Unread 09-15-2014, 02:10 PM   #145
14summithemi
2014 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamchrtrnd View Post
Is there a way to figure out what updates are available with regard to software for a specific vehicle? I just purchase a 2015 Altitude a couple weeks ago - I would imagine that there wouldn't be anything available for mine but you never know!
Yes, there is. Go here and enter your VIN:

https://rsur.extra.chrysler.com/rsur/Uconnect.do

It will show up as available above before it becomes a TSB but you can also go here for the software any other TSB's/Recalls (Model and Build Specific but NOT VIN specific):

http://www.wk2jeeps.com/wk2_tsb.htm

BTW, I believe the first and only so far TSB for MY15 applies to you! Your lucky day

They changed the hardware on the radio (different head) for MY15 which appears to have created this new issue. They just about had all the gremlins out of the MY14 8.4a/an radios then they go and change the hardware, oh well, progress!

Also, since you have different radio hardware than MY14 you can only apply the MY15 software updates, they are different.
14summithemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-15-2014, 02:24 PM   #146
adamchrtrnd
2015 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14summithemi View Post
Yes, there is. Go here and enter your VIN:

https://rsur.extra.chrysler.com/rsur/Uconnect.do

It will show up as available above before it becomes a TSB but you can also go here for the software any other TSB's/Recalls (Model and Build Specific but NOT VIN specific):

http://www.wk2jeeps.com/wk2_tsb.htm

BTW, I believe the first and only so far TSB for MY15 applies to you! Your lucky day

They changed the hardware on the radio (different head) for MY15 which appears to have created this new issue. They just about had all the gremlins out of the MY14 8.4a/an radios then they go and change the hardware, oh well, progress!

Also, since you have different radio hardware than MY14 you can only apply the MY15 software updates, they are different.
Thank you very much! I appreciate your post! And you are correct, it looks like I am 'eligible' for the UCONNECT® 8.4A__MY15_RA3 (14.32.3)_US_ONLY update. I assume all I have to do it bring the Jeep into the dealer and let them know I would like to have this done?

Thanks,
Adam
Unread 09-15-2014, 04:00 PM   #147
14summithemi
2014 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamchrtrnd View Post

Thank you very much! I appreciate your post! And you are correct, it looks like I am 'eligible' for the UCONNECT® 8.4A__MY15_RA3 (14.32.3)_US_ONLY update. I assume all I have to do it bring the Jeep into the dealer and let them know I would like to have this done?

Thanks,
Adam
Yep
14summithemi is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.