2014 Trail Hawk Concept - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > 2014 Trail Hawk Concept

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 04-15-2013, 08:29 PM   #61
AJeepZJ
2006 WK 

Wk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason911 View Post
More info via youtube. MArk Allen from Jeep specifically calls out what they did to make the tires fit - spacer and a sawzall! I am so salivating over this concept - no chrome!, large tires, non-metallic paint, coil(not air-ride) suspension…..
I'm right there with ya. I've always been kind of critical of Jeep for coming out with too many concepts too quickly. Of course they all look pretty decent, but they never actually leave me wanting to buy the vehicle.

This WKII concept is pretty snazzy, and i'd probably lose my marbles if I saw it in public. I wish I could find out what lift they are using. I never saw a concept for the 05-10's wielding 35's, I don't think the WK 'Grand Canyon' had 35's, so this could actually be some uncharted territory for late model grands. I like the 'trailhawk' badging too, not going to lie, that's pretty sexy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mx71 View Post
How about a swing out rack on the back?
This is another one of those things that Grand owners have been wanting since the ZJ, I think the main reason that they keep it below or inside, is because of rear view visibility. (Which is already pretty much crap, lol)

Unread 05-01-2013, 01:55 PM   #62
Jason911
2008 WK 

Found another different video to add to to the fold, plus some different pictures:

http://video.search.yahoo.com/video/...&fr=aaplw&tt=b
Jason911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2013, 02:00 PM   #63
Jason911
2008 WK 

Quote:
I think the main reason that they keep it below or inside, is because of rear view visibility. (Which is already pretty much crap, lol)
I think it has to do more with aesthetics and the need to keep up a proper appearance/price tag of a "luxury" vehicle, and as a way to differentiate between the "functional" JK/JKU and the "luxury" WK2. The demographics of whole audience the WK2 is being marketed to is substantially different than those of the JK. Most of those WK2 particular clients don't/wont fumble with a rear tire carrier, whereas the JK customer demand that the Jeep has it - to make it look like a Jeep.
Jason911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2013, 04:36 PM   #64
Carpecervisia
2014 WK 

I'd love to get those roof rails for my '14.
Carpecervisia is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.