2014 Trail Hawk Concept - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > 2014 Trail Hawk Concept

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 03-30-2013, 07:49 PM   #31
Jackal01

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GU3R086 View Post
Well I don't know about you, but I drive mine everyday. It's not a toy, and MPG makes a difference.
Mine is my daily driver. If you wanted fuel economy a Patriot or Compass would have been a better choice.

It is also my toy. Again, nobody looks at SUVs, Jeep Wranglers/Grand Cherokees especially, for good gas mileage. Yea, it may be a nice "bonus" as I see it for these 4x4s but one should definitely not look to save gas with a Jeep.

Anywho....every time I look at that Trailhawk I wish I had one (it is my laptop background haha)

Jackal01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-31-2013, 07:47 AM   #32
GU3R086

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal01

Mine is my daily driver. If you wanted fuel economy a Patriot or Compass would have been a better choice.

It is also my toy. Again, nobody looks at SUVs, Jeep Wranglers/Grand Cherokees especially, for good gas mileage. Yea, it may be a nice "bonus" as I see it for these 4x4s but one should definitely not look to save gas with a Jeep.

Anywho....every time I look at that Trailhawk I wish I had one (it is my laptop background haha)
Lol it is a bad looking machine. My wife is tired of hear all the reasons I could dump the altitude.
GU3R086 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-31-2013, 11:40 AM   #33
Jason911
2014 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaska-HWY JK View Post
It's a diesel. Nobody buys a Jeep for fuel economy.
Mine is a daily driver, a jeep and a diesel - I bought it because of the good mileage.... I get 23mpg realisticly.
Jason911 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-31-2013, 11:42 AM   #34
Jason911
2014 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverlandSummitt View Post
How did they manage to fit 34.5" tires on the WK2? That looks awesome.
Sawzall and a mild lift.
Unread 03-31-2013, 11:48 AM   #35
WKdeuce
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason911 View Post
Sawzall and a mild lift.
Specialty Mopar fender flares, and quadra-lift on it's highest setting.
WKdeuce is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-31-2013, 12:54 PM   #36
Jason911
2014 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WKdeuce View Post
Specialty Mopar fender flares, and quadra-lift on it's highest setting.
While the concept retains the select-terrain, it doesn't have quadra-lift - this concept uses coils and a mild lift only, along with the aforementioned fender flares.
Expedition portal has a very nice concise article about it, along with some fantastic pictures.

http://www.expeditionportal.com/vehi...ilhawk-ii.html
Unread 03-31-2013, 06:21 PM   #37
WKdeuce
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks for the info, my apologies, I was misinformed: (see 1:00 of the video attached)
http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2...irst-look.html

A gripe though, if you will... even your link, with it's dozen+ pictures, aside from the plastic engine cover, really only shows exterior shots, nothing from underneath or whatever. Give us the goods!
Unread 03-31-2013, 08:11 PM   #38
Jason911
2014 WK 

A gripe though, if you will... even your link, with it's dozen+ pictures, aside from the plastic engine cover, really only shows exterior shots, nothing from underneath or whatever. Give us the goods![/QUOTE]

I took the high pixel/high definition photos found on a multitude of different websites; including autoblog.com and expeditionportal.com and zoomed/filtered a few of the photos - you can actually see the cut job that was done to the fender wells and you can see the coil springs. Beyond that, I am only to speculate by piecing together all the info that was provided from the media day in Moab. It would be safe to say that the plush leather/suede 2013 TrailHawk seat covers were reused, as references are made to that effect. I would also guesstimate that some of the interior bits from the SRT8 were used in place of the wood interior(following the aluminum theme from the 2013). Unknown is what type of spacing/spacers was/were used to fit the 17" 2013 Rubicon wheels. ride and drive is anyone's guess, along with running the 35" tires. Granted the EcoDiesel cranks out 420 lbft of torque, but with only 3.45 final drive ratio one could guess on a substantial power loss to spin that much rubber on the highway(unless the 3.70 gears were used from the SRT8).
Unread 03-31-2013, 08:14 PM   #39
Jason911
2014 WK 

Here's one more video to see courtesy of Chrysler/Fiat:

Unread 03-31-2013, 10:46 PM   #40
Alaska-HWY JK

It looks like the rock rails are shortened about 1-1.5" also compared to the Mopar parts ones. They end just after the tubes.
Alaska-HWY JK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-01-2013, 08:22 AM   #41
WKdeuce
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason911 View Post
I took the high pixel/high definition photos found on a multitude of different websites; including autoblog.com and expeditionportal.com and zoomed/filtered a few of the photos - you can actually see the cut job that was done to the fender wells and you can see the coil springs. Beyond that, I am only to speculate by piecing together all the info that was provided from the media day in Moab. It would be safe to say that the plush leather/suede 2013 TrailHawk seat covers were reused, as references are made to that effect. I would also guesstimate that some of the interior bits from the SRT8 were used in place of the wood interior(following the aluminum theme from the 2013). Unknown is what type of spacing/spacers was/were used to fit the 17" 2013 Rubicon wheels. ride and drive is anyone's guess, along with running the 35" tires. Granted the EcoDiesel cranks out 420 lbft of torque, but with only 3.45 final drive ratio one could guess on a substantial power loss to spin that much rubber on the highway(unless the 3.70 gears were used from the SRT8).
Thanks for the info man!
Unread 04-03-2013, 11:49 AM   #42
Jason911
2014 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WKdeuce View Post
Thanks for the info man!
Happy to help.

The question I find myself asking, is - can it be duplicated? I suppose its a easy answer, relatively anyway. Without actually seeing the vehicle first hand, some speculation would have to take place. Full undercarriage shielding is simple enough - molar factory and/or asfir.com parts would take care of that. Rubicon wheels from a 2013 model is also relatively simple. Fitting them might be a trail and error process if the offsets are different. A mild lift via RRO.com or a 1-off would suffice. Stuffing the 35's into the wheel wells is the major issue. I would like to think that a set of 33" tires would better suffice without resorting to a sawzall. The other area of concern is the interior - parts swapping is a fairly straightforward(if expensive) process, but would the 2013 seat covers work with the 2014 seats? One would hope - the split leather/suede is fantastic.
Additionally, swapping the hood and nose from a SRT8 would be required.

It's an assumption, but Jeep will most likely have another Trailhawk model based on the 2014/2015 model years - and the 2013 was sold in international markets with the CRD engine.
Unread 04-03-2013, 02:12 PM   #43
NDSU_Bison
2014 WK 

Add me to the list of people who bought a CRD for fuel economy. It's one of the few SUVs that can tow more than 5,000 lbs and get better fuel economy.

Our 2002 Durango with the 5.9 liter engine averaged around 13-14 MPG and 8 MPG when towing our camper. During the same commuting trips, our CRD got 22.3 MPG last month and around 12-13 MPG when towing the camper.

As for the cost of the CRD compared to the Hemi in 2008, I recouped that in fuel savings in less than 60,000 miles which was 50,000 miles ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaska-HWY JK View Post
It's a diesel. Nobody buys a Jeep for fuel economy.
NDSU_Bison is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-03-2013, 02:54 PM   #44
Alaska-HWY JK

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDSU_Bison View Post
Add me to the list of people who bought a CRD for fuel economy. It's one of the few SUVs that can tow more than 5,000 lbs and get better fuel economy.

Our 2002 Durango with the 5.9 liter engine averaged around 13-14 MPG and 8 MPG when towing our camper. During the same commuting trips, our CRD got 22.3 MPG last month and around 12-13 MPG when towing the camper.

As for the cost of the CRD compared to the Hemi in 2008, I recouped that in fuel savings in less than 60,000 miles which was 50,000 miles ago.
The WK2 hasn't been offered in North America with a diesel. Am I in the right sub forum? Neither has the Wrangler. Kind of pointless talking about what another model does or gets, most of us are aware of it, maybe not Chrysler. They're not listening anyway.
Alaska-HWY JK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-03-2013, 04:38 PM   #45
GU3R086

Have to agree Jason911... I was wondering if its replicable. I have a 12' altitude than I'm planning on lifting (does have 4Low) and 35's would be insane. How feasible is it really however? Too little in the way of actual upgrades has been released. Body work is simple, but that's a big meat for the WK2.
GU3R086 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.