2014 tpms - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > 2014 tpms

Offset Tie Rod Kit From RuffStuff!The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 05-09-2013, 02:22 PM   #1
gabbagabba
2014 WK 

2014 tpms

Any GC guru's out there know if I can get away without any TPMS sensors in my second set of tires/wheels that I'll be using for off road/winter?

The TPMS system in the '14 actually tells you the tire pressure, not sure if the limited's/overlands 11-13 did that or if that matters.

I dont care about a warning light but dont want some alarm chirping at me for 5 minutes everytime I start it up

Law in my state is ok, this is more of a technical opposed to legal question

gabbagabba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2013, 02:33 PM   #2
ColdCase

2011 WK 

There are two TPMS systems, base and premium. The premium has always provided tire pressure. Base just an indicator. They use the same wheel sensors regardless, but the STR8s are little different.

You will get a chime and a flashing indicator when first starting up, the indicator goes solid after awhile, no other chimes. Some have reported that after several drives the TPMS just gives up and doesn't bother with indicators.
Unread 05-09-2013, 03:26 PM   #3
gabbagabba
2014 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdCase View Post
There are two TPMS systems, base and premium. The premium has always provided tire pressure. Base just an indicator. They use the same wheel sensors regardless, but the STR8s are little different.

You will get a chime and a flashing indicator when first starting up, the indicator goes solid after awhile, no other chimes. Some have reported that after several drives the TPMS just gives up and doesn't bother with indicators.
That was very helpful, I appreciate it! Now to figure out which AT tires to get...

I think my plan is to take off the limited wheels and tires intact and mount up ATs on some 18" GC alloys I bought off ebay last year w/o the TPMS, that way if I ever sell the limited I'll throw the mint wheels/tires on
gabbagabba is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.