2014 Summit 5.7l Hemi vehicle pickup checklist - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > 2014 Summit 5.7l Hemi vehicle pickup checklist

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 02-20-2014, 10:11 PM   #61
DRKRED12

14Summithemi, what was the ending to this story? Did you ever get another JGC and were you happy with it or did I miss something?

DRKRED12 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-21-2014, 10:21 PM   #62
14summithemi
2014 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRKRED12 View Post
14Summithemi, what was the ending to this story? Did you ever get another JGC and were you happy with it or did I miss something?
You beat me to it. Yes have had my new JGC for 3 months. I wanted to shake it down before posting.

Vehicle specs: '14 JGC Summit, 4WD, 5.7L, Cherry Red/Morocco Black, 7 miles on odom, 11/6/13 build date- delivered 11/28/13, 3,900 miles of driving it...

Upon Delivery....

Paint perfect.

Window/door seals- some rolled like before but I un-rolled them and they are fine so far.

Front Park Assist sensors- all fine.

Headlights-condensation on inside of both lenses -doesn't evaporate when TSB is followed exactly. The real issue is that someone must have had dirty gloves or hands when they assembled the whole assembly (probably supplier not JNAP) and there are smudges all over the main center globe that articulates. Hitting the dealer up for both of these on visit next week.

Rear fender and trim- same as before, sub-optimal design for Ohio winters and the huge icebergs that build up and hang out in the fender wells. They really adhere to the synthetic fabric liner in the wheel wells too.

Air Conditioner Filter- installed (wasn't in my '02)

Fog lights- no installation scratches, perfect.

Tailgate/taillights/shocks- better fitment than last one, fine for me.

Interior- all ok with speaker rings, console alignment, scratches, etc..

Electronics- just some teething issues that are all software related like the latest software TSB. It wasn't supposed to apply to me based on build date, but it did. DO NOT believe the TSB built date applicability guidelines, they may be wrong.

Driving- all good except a harmonic/fine vibration through steering column at 30 and 60mph regardless of road surface.

Giving it to dealer next week for some of the above plus a few other things like the satellite antennae TSB, tranny shifting TSB, possibly loose tranny bell housing bolts, false blind spot TSB, ACC/FCW Service Required warnings, HVAC Blower squeals on setting of 7, Blank/blue back-up camera screens and oil dip-stick tube leaking at base.

BTW, I LOVE this thing! The stereo ROCKS, technology is very useful, looks great, is sporty AND cush and is generally very fun to drive. I also installed a Corsa Cat-Back exhaust and it really sounds awesome. It is so fun getting in the throttle and just watching all the heads snap as they look for the "hot rod"....so funny when they realize it's a Jeep! BTW, if you want a Corsa for your '14 Summit Hemi the only way you can get one is to PM me. You can check out the specs, pics and videos in the Mod Write Ups sub forum.
14summithemi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-22-2014, 01:14 AM   #63
DRKRED12

Thank you for the feedback. Glad everything worked out for you. Traded my 2012 Dark Red Altitude 4x4 5.7 for a 2014 White/Brown Summit 4x4 5.7 (May 2013 build date) on 12/31/13 and am very happy. No problems at all but I can't say the same for the 2012. I think a lot of times from reading these forums it is just the luck of the draw. Enjoy and good luck getting it the way you want and deserve.
DRKRED12 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.