2014 Summit 5.7l Hemi vehicle pickup checklist - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > 2014 Summit 5.7l Hemi vehicle pickup checklist

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineYear End Clearance Sale! Save 20%Warn, Smitybilt, Engo, Rugged Ridge Winches at CCOR

Unread 10-08-2013, 05:50 PM   #31
txwest
2012 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseball95 View Post
Where did you get the 390 page plus owners manual ?
Mine didn't come with anything like this. Online ?
Thanks
There is an android and fruit phone app of the manual also.

Past Jeeps:
'80 CJ-7 I6 4x4 Std
'86 Comanchee I4 4x4 Std
'99 WJ Laredo 4.0 4x4 AWD
txwest is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-10-2013, 08:13 AM   #32
14summithemi
2014 WK 

Check my original post...delivery results posted

I edited my original post to post the results of my rejected delivery.
14summithemi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-10-2013, 09:12 AM   #33
ColdCase
My Reality Check Bounced

2011 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14summithemi View Post
I don't think I would be happy with that vehicle either. Build quality on these seem to have deteriorated. My April 2012 build was and is near perfect, just a bit of console storage cover misalignment, and missing rear plate bumpers.
Unread 10-10-2013, 07:12 PM   #34
BobsWK2
2014 WK 

Quote:
Good for you that you rejected this fit and finish lemon. To bad more folks didn't do so then Chrysler might (but I doubt it) step up their quality control.
Unread 10-10-2013, 09:58 PM   #35
jimboteque1
2014 WK 

My Limited should be delivered in the next few weeks, and this thread has been a great help in clueing me in on what to look for and check out at the delivery/pickup. Thanks! Sorry you had to turn yours down. I know it's a bummer to have to wait another couple months! What special equipment did you want that nobody has in stock?
Unread 10-10-2013, 10:14 PM   #36
14summithemi
2014 WK 

The V8 seems to be to rare commodity. Only about 25% have them and at least 50% of those that do are white or black exterior. I almost went for the white which I normally do not like but on the Summit it seems to look pretty sharp. So the one I rejected was Granite and the one I ordered today was Deep Cherry Red Crystal Pearl. Now that's a mouthful

The other thing that restricted my availability was that based on my research I did not want a build date 8/25 or earlier as that seemed to be squarely in the cross hairs for the uConnect/radio issues. Just too many early build horror stories so I was going for the latest build I could get.

Good luck with your Limited delivery and be sure to post your delivery observations.
Unread 10-10-2013, 10:20 PM   #37
14summithemi
2014 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobsWK2 View Post
Good for you that you rejected this fit and finish lemon. To bad more folks didn't do so then Chrysler might (but I doubt it) step up their quality control.
I know. We live in a world that accepts mediocrity as the standard. Drives me nuts! I'm going to do my job though as a consumer and feedback these observations and photos through the Chrysler Group Llc Customer Care channel. My ulterior motive is that they may not look to see my order in the system and send me an "incentive" coupon in the mail that I can use when it arrives in December. My salesman told me to try it.
Unread 10-11-2013, 12:06 AM   #38
jimboteque1
2014 WK 

i assume that you had to put down a deposit when you placed your order. Was your deposit refunded since you had a defective vehicle?
jimboteque1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-11-2013, 06:15 AM   #39
14summithemi
2014 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimboteque1 View Post
i assume that you had to put down a deposit when you placed your order. Was your deposit refunded since you had a defective vehicle?
Great point. Yes, I always ensure it is refundable and written so on the order sheet I sign. Since I order in demand vehicles that a dealer can never get stuck with I have not had any issues with this. On the vehicle I rejected the dealer wanted a $1,000 deposit, the one I just ordered (Texas dealer) only wanted $200...whatever.

Just in case a dealer or salesperson senses a red flag (like you are placing a "provisional order") with your refundable deposit requirement just lay on them the "What if I get hit by a bus and am laid up/medical bills" logic or the "What if I lose my job?" one. Resistance gone!

I even write other terms of the sale like 36mos/zero interest on it so I can bail if any of my terms fall through since that may change the numbers to a place I don't want to be.

Last edited by 14summithemi; 10-11-2013 at 07:11 AM..
Unread 10-11-2013, 08:31 AM   #40
MickinNY
2013 WK 

Quote:
Great point. Yes, I always ensure it is refundable and written so on the order sheet I sign. Since I order in demand vehicles that a dealer can never get stuck with I have not had any issues with this. On the vehicle I rejected the dealer wanted a $1,000 deposit, the one I just ordered (Texas dealer) only wanted $200...whatever.

Just in case a dealer or salesperson senses a red flag (like you are placing a "provisional order") with your refundable deposit requirement just lay on them the "What if I get hit by a bus and am laid up/medical bills" logic or the "What if I lose my job?" one. Resistance gone!

I even write other terms of the sale like 36mos/zero interest on it so I can bail if any of my terms fall through since that may change the numbers to a place I don't want to be.
Are you having the new order trucked up from Texas or flying down to pick it up?
MickinNY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-11-2013, 08:40 AM   #41
txwest
2012 WK 

I love my Deep Cherry Overland....

Past Jeeps:
'80 CJ-7 I6 4x4 Std
'86 Comanchee I4 4x4 Std
'99 WJ Laredo 4.0 4x4 AWD
txwest is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-11-2013, 09:22 AM   #42
14summithemi
2014 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickinNY View Post
Are you having the new order trucked up from Texas or flying down to pick it up?
Flying down. 20 hr drive back. It's under $600 for airfare, gas, 1 night hotel and food. Worth it to save $2900 cash over my best deal locally. This way I basically get my MaxCare Lifetime warranty for "free".

Regarding break-in, I'll just sight see and back-road it for the first half of trip and put some tape on the cruise control button
Unread 10-11-2013, 09:24 AM   #43
14summithemi
2014 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by txwest View Post
I love my Deep Cherry Overland....
Glad to hear it. I plan on being happy with mine. I'm doing my "good paint day" dance.....

Last edited by 14summithemi; 10-11-2013 at 09:35 AM..
Unread 10-11-2013, 10:13 AM   #44
jimboteque1
2014 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14summithemi
Flying down. 20 hr drive back. It's under $600 for airfare, gas, 1 night hotel and food. Worth it to save $2900 cash over my best deal locally. This way I basically get my MaxCare Lifetime warranty for "free". Regarding break-in, I'll just sight see and back-road it for the first half of trip and put some tape on the cruise control button
Unless you have to reject this new one too!
Unread 10-11-2013, 10:51 AM   #45
14summithemi
2014 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimboteque1 View Post
Unless you have to reject this new one too!
Certainly a risk, but then again I am a risk taker

Just hoping for the best. I'll make the call down there if there are problems between accepting and dealing with it or catching the greyhound or one-way air back. Frontier has cheap flights back just don't know on short notice.

There are bigger problems in life ya know! This is small potatoes.

Oh, we dedicated JGC'ers!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.