2014 SRT headlights on limited? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > 2014 SRT headlights on limited?

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Unread 09-27-2013, 02:10 PM   #1
jimboteque1
2014 WK 

2014 SRT headlights on limited?

I just ordered a 2014 limited with the luxury package, so I'll have the bi-xenon lights with the DRLs, but I was wondering if it's possible to get the blacked-out SRT lights installed on a limited. I'm assuming that the wiring would be the same, although aren't the lights on the SRT auto-adjusting, or will I have that with the luxury package on my limited as well?

I love the look of the SRT lights since they aren't truly blacked out, but just appear that way since the interior surfaces of the enclosure are painted, rather than the actual cover being tinted.

Have any of you guys seen this done? I'd prefer to stay with actual jeep parts instead of going with a third party brand.

Unread 10-04-2013, 11:39 AM   #2
jimboteque1
2014 WK 

Anybody? Was really hoping to get some feedback on this...
Unread 10-17-2013, 10:32 PM   #3
jimboteque1
2014 WK 

Still nothing? Come on, guys!
Unread 10-18-2013, 02:40 PM   #4
Ungerer

Most here will not do it or talk about it . It should only be plug and play u would think . Talk to dealer .
Ungerer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-06-2014, 04:47 PM   #5
952_JGC
2014 WK 

Jimbo - did you ever find anything out for swapping in OEM SRT headlights? You could also search to see if anyone else has DIY the joey mod...guys i work with have done it to their Audi's and VW's where they use the stock headlights, bake them in the oven to loosen the headlight assembly glue, disassemble and paint the inside...re-assemble. I've never had the guts to do it to my own vehicle...but it could be another cheaper option. Would expect OEM SRT lights to be $2k before install.
952_JGC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-07-2014, 07:37 PM   #6
xJoshxx
Web Wheeler

2012 WK 

You going to spend close to 2k for just black bezels? CRAZY.

I believe they are plug in play if you have the Lux package.
http://www.justforjeeps.com/20srhe.html
The SRt-8's are a liberty design.
2011 WK2 ORA2
2012 WK2 SRT8
xJoshxx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-07-2014, 09:34 PM   #7
952_JGC
2014 WK 

Yeah $2k is nuts buying new housings just for blacking out the inside of headlight assembly. Find someone who's modded their oem's and get a write up or ask nicely and pay them to do yours. To each his own, would be neat to see it if someone swaps/mods. $2k could go a long way for some other well deserved JGC goodies
952_JGC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-08-2014, 06:37 PM   #8
pwrdbym

Awfully pricey! I have opened up several headlights before. I had a gen 1 Audi TT that had huge black headlights, and I pulled them apart to paint the surrounds body color. I've done several BMWs and a Chevy as well. Most surrounds are fairly similar so you should be able to google procedures to open them up. For $200 I might just pay for black ones, but $1k+, yikes!
pwrdbym is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.