2014 Quality Issues - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > 2014 Quality Issues

Black Friday- Cyber Monday Deals at jeepHutIntroducing the CUPHOLSTER @ OCONEE OFF ROAD 706 534 9955Thanksgiving holiday sale in effect @ oconeeoffroad.com

Unread 04-09-2013, 12:14 PM   #1
diesel_dice216

2014 Quality Issues

Is it me or does there seem to be a growing number of people having issues with their 2014 GC? I'm prompted to start this tread because today on lunch I observed a cloud of smoke, followed by burning smell in front of me. It was a 2014 CG pouring out coolant and bellowing smoke! No collision or apparent accident, just broke down.... Any thoughts? My 2013 has been great.

diesel_dice216 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-09-2013, 01:46 PM   #2
JetBlast
2014 WK 

Sounds like a random incident. Happens to all manufacturers and people. My only issue is the UConnect and bluetooth problem with my Motorola RAZR.
JetBlast is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-09-2013, 08:50 PM   #3
mpuzach
2012 WK 

One incident is not a trend.
mpuzach is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-09-2013, 11:52 PM   #4
Erikasjgc

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetBlast
Sounds like a random incident. Happens to all manufacturers and people. My only issue is the UConnect and bluetooth problem with my Motorola RAZR.
Somewhere in this forum is info on TSBs (technical service bulletins). My Jeep's radio just needed a software update (free at the dealer-under warranty) to work with my iPhone 4. It may be available now or maybe you'll have to wait for Chrysler techs to write the code fix. My '11 Wk2 had an update for my phone in Aug./12.
Erikasjgc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-10-2013, 12:32 PM   #5
JetBlast
2014 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erikasjgc View Post

Somewhere in this forum is info on TSBs (technical service bulletins). My Jeep's radio just needed a software update (free at the dealer-under warranty) to work with my iPhone 4. It may be available now or maybe you'll have to wait for Chrysler techs to write the code fix. My '11 Wk2 had an update for my phone in Aug./12.
I have been following this issue over the past week on another thread. I'm going to inquire at my dealer soon to see if they can update my UConnect software.
Unread 04-19-2013, 04:42 PM   #6
Erikasjgc

2014 GC UConnect add device problem thread states solution is now at dealers.
Cheers
Erikasjgc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-20-2013, 01:30 AM   #7
BobsWK2
2014 WK 

My 2014 Summit had a misaligned rear liftgate that required a body shop to realign it. Steering wheel was off center. That took 2 visits to the dealer and then 2 visits to an independent tire shop to align it properly. I also have to press the key fob button to open the liftgate 4 times instead of 2. And today, I noticed that the side mirror puddle/courtesy lights don't turn on anymore when unlocking the vehicle.

Seems like every few days something else stops working.

So far from what I have seen, this vehicle isn't worth $55K or anywhere near that. Unless these latest things are an easy fix, this WILL BE my last Chrysler vehicle.
Unread 04-20-2013, 05:01 PM   #8
bk000
2014 WK 

missing uconnect menu on 2014 summit

My unconnect settings - suspension: is missing the "auto entry/exit suspension" option...

No mechanical issues yet. (5.7; 4x4)
bk000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-20-2013, 07:34 PM   #9
tjkj2002
2002 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobsWK2 View Post
this vehicle isn't worth $55K or anywhere near that. .
That's your whole problem.

You buy a Jeep for $20k or less and put in $35k in mods to beat the snot out of it on the trail.
Unread 04-20-2013, 09:32 PM   #10
JetBlast
2014 WK 

Sounds like some potential Lemon Laws going on here.
Unread 04-21-2013, 07:15 AM   #11
gabbagabba
2014 WK 

Before people get too excited I have a new '14, the fit and finish is great, no glitches or issues. Keep in mind you can go to any consumer review or forum and find lots of people with issues with any brand

I would say my '11 was close in drive, feel, look to a luxury SUV, the '14 is and then some. Basically a Land Rover in terms of luxury + capability, with better reliability and resale value. I was cross shopping LR4's and an easy decision in the end
gabbagabba is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.