2014 Overland V6 ... First 2000 miles - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > 2014 Overland V6 ... First 2000 miles

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineHalloween Savings to die for!We have Engo 10k Synthetic IN STOCK!!! Hurry while supplie

Unread 12-30-2013, 04:49 AM   #1
Ah673000
2002 WJ 

2014 Overland V6 ... First 2000 miles

Build date : June , 2013

Problems: so far , zero

70% highway , 30% city

MPG since new: 21.3 .... About 3 mpg improvement over my 4.7 V8 '02.

Best tank : 25 plus....... Worst tank 17

Tires.... 20" Goodyears..... Smooth as silk , but not as lane stable at 70 mph as the 17" Michelins on my '02 GC .

Best new features over my '02 limited : auto dimming high bean headlights , power rear hatch , lumbar adjustment , U Connect , rear view camera , height adjustment , quietness .

Ah673000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-30-2013, 06:17 AM   #2
TurboRush

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ah673000 View Post
Build date : June , 2013

Problems: so far , zero

70% highway , 30% city

MPG since new: 21.3 .... About 3 mpg improvement over my 4.7 V8 '02.

Best tank : 25 plus....... Worst tank 17

Tires.... 20" Goodyears..... Smooth as silk , but not as lane stable at 70 mph as the 17" Michelins on my '02 GC .

Best new features over my '02 limited : auto dimming high bean headlights , power rear hatch , lumbar adjustment , U Connect , rear view camera , height adjustment , quietness .
Auto dimming high beams are great, aren't they? I thought they were going to be one of those features that was great in concept poor on implementation, but they work great.
TurboRush is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-30-2013, 11:00 AM   #3
NC4stroker
2014 WK 

Good news!!
NC4stroker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-30-2013, 01:27 PM   #4
Medpilot
2014 WK 

Are the MPG calculations from the fuel display or actual calculated numbers? The two tanks of gas I've run through my 14' have shown low 19's on the fuel display but were actually mid 17's when I did the actual calculation.
Medpilot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-30-2013, 01:37 PM   #5
JeepGC6855
2014 WK 

On my 2014 GC Limited, unless I'm going into a strong head wind, I get 22 to 23 mpg constantly with my cruise set at 79 mph (calculating with both fuel display and actual calculations) I always fill up just before I leave town. In town, I usually get 17 mpg. I live 3 miles from work and have one stop sign in that 3 miles and no traffic to deal with. My past Grand Cherokee's all had the 4.7 V8, my 2002 got 22 mpg on the highway, 2004 got 18 mpg on the highway, 2005 got 17 mpg on the highway and my 2009 got 21 mpg on the highway.
JeepGC6855 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-31-2013, 10:19 PM   #6
Jeff_WK2

I also have a June build 2014 Overland. But I only have 420 miles on it so far

Right now my favorite feature is remote start. Never had that feature before, but I live in WI and we've had a lot of zero degree days here lately and it has been awesome to be able to start up the car in my detached garage from my kitchen and let it warm up before going out there. It's one of those things like a heated steering wheel that don't seem to be a big deal if you've never had it but once you do you don't know how you survived without it.
Jeff_WK2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-02-2014, 06:55 PM   #7
cuda060
2014 WK 

I to have a 2014 JGC Overland with 4100 miles on it and average 22.5 to 23.2 MPG and that is combined city and Hwy driving.

The truly impressive and cool feature I'm impressed with is the Adaptive Cruise Control. Imagine rolling up on traffic at 60MPH and the systems applies the breaks and either slows with the traffic in front of you or stops and restarts in stop and go traffic (breaking was smooth as butter). I puckered the first time I used this...hand foot hovering over the break. At a full stop for more than 2 seconds the system shuts off. However, you press the ACC button and it sets to 20MPH for stop and go traffic.
cuda060 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-02-2014, 08:48 PM   #8
Ah673000
2002 WJ 

Question on MPGs.....I do both....

The computer vs hand calculations were very close......in one case my on board computer showed 25 mpg.....hand calculation was 24.8....

I was on I95, steady 70 mpg, traveling North ( slightly uphill from Florida to SC) , using Mobil regular , tires at 35 pasig, no wind, outside temp 50 degrees.

Also checked odometer.....very accurate to mile markers over a 60 mile sample . Have not checked it with the gps yet.

Bottom line......love this upgraded Jeep so far.....
Ah673000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-06-2014, 09:55 AM   #9
MickinNY
2013 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuda060 View Post
I to have a 2014 JGC Overland with 4100 miles on it and average 22.5 to 23.2 MPG and that is combined city and Hwy driving.

The truly impressive and cool feature I'm impressed with is the Adaptive Cruise Control. Imagine rolling up on traffic at 60MPH and the systems applies the breaks and either slows with the traffic in front of you or stops and restarts in stop and go traffic (breaking was smooth as butter). I puckered the first time I used this...hand foot hovering over the break. At a full stop for more than 2 seconds the system shuts off. However, you press the ACC button and it sets to 20MPH for stop and go traffic.
Funny, but I imagine rolling up on traffic with ACC & it failing. I know all you guys rave about it & it has to be a proven system for obvious reasons. But given all the issues that are mostly software related, I just can't see myself being comfortable giving up that much control of my vehicle. Cruise control yes, but not the more sophisticated ACC. That's one option I'll skip & instead rely on the mass between my ears. At least until that starts to fail me behind the wheel.
MickinNY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-06-2014, 10:23 AM   #10
Medpilot
2014 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickinNY View Post
Funny, but I imagine rolling up on traffic with ACC & it failing. I know all you guys rave about it & it has to be a proven system for obvious reasons. But given all the issues that are mostly software related, I just can't see myself being comfortable giving up that much control of my vehicle. Cruise control yes, but not the more sophisticated ACC. That's one option I'll skip & instead rely on the mass between my ears. At least until that starts to fail me behind the wheel.

That's a good point you bring up. In practical application however; the ACC starts braking early enough that if it were to fail, you'd probably notice in time before it was too late. That is if you were paying attention.
Medpilot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-06-2014, 01:47 PM   #11
chickdr
2014 WK 

The problem is ACC only comes bundled together with other great features like side assist. Until you have seen side assist in action you have no idea how useful it is. Kind of like the backup camera and keyless go.
chickdr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-06-2014, 02:52 PM   #12
JeepGC6855
2014 WK 

You talk of trusting the ACC to work, lets hope the driver in front of you is paying attention and doesn't come to an abrupt stop because he ran into something.
JeepGC6855 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-06-2014, 03:52 PM   #13
952_JGC
2014 WK 

We picked up our 2014 V-6 Overland 2 days before my birthday and 1.5 weeks before x-mas...merry christmas to me!

We upgraded from a 2001 Chevy Tahoe Z71 with the V-8...best features in our new JGC: My wife loves the big moon-roof, daughter loves the heated back seats (-40F windchill in MN today..crazy), and i love the heated steering wheel and LED DRL...so darn cool.
952_JGC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.