2014 Overland - Remove CD player - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > 2014 Overland - Remove CD player

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineYear End Clearance Sale! Save 20%NEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!!

Unread 01-04-2014, 03:04 PM   #1
VINVIN

2014 Overland - Remove CD player

Does any one know if you can unplug and remove the cd player from the centre console? Comes standard on this model and i dont use it. Id assume as its an option on lower models, that the player is just added to the console, so there is a good chance that there wont be a gaping hole when its removed.

VINVIN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-04-2014, 03:42 PM   #2
2014RedHemiGC
2014 WK 

CD player is optional on all trim levels. There is an excellent "how to" on removal of the player and replacing it with the non-cd equipped console on one of the other forums.
2014RedHemiGC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-04-2014, 04:00 PM   #3
jim_in_PA
2012 WK 

Yup, the CD is not "standard", but dealers may have ordered stock with it installed. The article that the previous poster mentioned also includes the parts requirement to give you back a "normal" center console, if I recall. Just removing the CD leaves you with a big hole under the lid...
Unread 01-05-2014, 06:43 PM   #4
mpuzach
2012 WK 

Why do you want to remove it?
mpuzach is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-05-2014, 06:55 PM   #5
wxchaser

2014 WK 

I want to remove mine also, as I didn't want the single CD and it is a waste of space in the center console for me personally.

When I get to it, plan to remove the CD player.
wxchaser is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-05-2014, 07:05 PM   #6
jim_in_PA
2012 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpuzach View Post
Why do you want to remove it?
The CD option on the MY14 JGC takes up a substantial portion of the entire center console that would normally be available for storage and convenience. While a few folks out there consider it a "must have", a larger number of folks have gone to other formats of storing content, such as on SD cards or on their portable devices, such as smartphones. So when they buy a JGC "off the lot" (or mistakenly ordered it with the CD option), they may want to remove it. But again, if that decision is made, there are some parts that need to be ordered to replace the CD unit so that the console can be used "normally".
Unread 01-06-2014, 07:47 AM   #7
HaydenHunter
2014 WK 

I am possibly interested in going the other way...ADDING a CD player to our 2014 JGC. Anyone know if a wiring harness is already run and ready, or will adding the CD require fishing the wires and hooking them up to the UConnect head?
HaydenHunter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-07-2014, 11:15 PM   #8
chickdr
2014 WK 

Sounds like you may be able to get the required parts secondhand from folks who don't want the CD player.... Probably a lot cheaper than buying new parts from the dealer.
chickdr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-16-2014, 06:30 PM   #9
Gunny7
2014 WK 

I was worried about no CD when we ordered our Overland.
Then I learned how to put every CD I own on a 8 gig Thumbdrive with room to spare.
CCR and Buddy Holley and some early Sun Records doesn't take up much room.
Gunny7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.