2014 Overland - Doors wouldnt unlock - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > 2014 Overland - Doors wouldnt unlock

ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail Ruffstuff XJ Unirail Channel Reinforcement....Rugged Ridge Modular XHD Snorkel Now for both 3.8L and 3.6

Unread 05-06-2013, 09:27 PM   #1
ImAnthony
2014 WK 

2014 Overland - Doors wouldnt unlock

This morning my doors wouldn't unlock when I grabbed the door handle. Tried the fob and that wouldn't unlock the door either.

Eventually after many tries I had to pull out the backup key to unlock the door.

Once I got it the car started up normally. Got home and then push button lock on handle wouldn't work but after 5x finally did. Anyone experience this? Oh it was raining out.. Would wet handles make a difference ??

Unread 05-07-2013, 09:54 AM   #2
VinnieTheFish
2014 WK 

I had the same problem after my Uconnect software was upgraded for the radio. If you go into the radio settings there are several preferences for the vehicle you can modify. On of them is the courtesy door unlock when you grab the handle with the key fob nearby. The solution to my issue was to disable the auto door unlock, hit ok the go back and set it to enable. Fixed my issue.

Note I have a 2014 With the Uconnect 5.0 radio which is the 5" screen radio with buttons on the side. I'd suggest doing something similar with yours to see if that fixes the issue.
'96 ZJ 4.0L 4x4 NP242 *** SOLD @ 223k miles & still running***
VinnieTheFish is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-07-2013, 01:10 PM   #3
ImAnthony
2014 WK 

Thanks VinnieTheFish -- I'll give that a shot tonight.
Unread 05-08-2013, 12:16 AM   #4
RB145
2014 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImAnthony View Post
This morning my doors wouldn't unlock when I grabbed the door handle. Tried the fob and that wouldn't unlock the door either.

Eventually after many tries I had to pull out the backup key to unlock the door.

Once I got it the car started up normally. Got home and then push button lock on handle wouldn't work but after 5x finally did. Anyone experience this? Oh it was raining out.. Would wet handles make a difference ??
I had this problem one time right after I got mine and I found that if I had my iphone and keys together in the same coat pocket it would not work. I have kept them separate since and have not had an issue.
RB145 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-08-2013, 12:15 PM   #5
picard12

oh great. first problem with GC 2014
picard12 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-08-2013, 01:18 PM   #6
JeepCares

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImAnthony View Post
Thanks VinnieTheFish -- I'll give that a shot tonight.
Did it work?
Unread 05-08-2013, 08:00 PM   #7
ImAnthony
2014 WK 

Yes it did work! Tonight I first tried to unlock w iPhone 4 and fob in the same pocket... Didn't work... Moved phone to other pocket and tried again... Opened right up!

Thanks for the tip and follow up.
Unread 05-11-2013, 11:13 AM   #8
dfunde01

My iPhone 4 and fob live in the same pocket. Never a problem on my 2012.

Dave
dfunde01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-19-2013, 10:12 AM   #9
deejman

Confirmed - found this thread a couple of days ago for the same issues on my 2014 Overland. I can confirm that the vehicle will often not recognize the key fob if it is in the same pocket as your cell phone (mine is Android running Bluetooth) and this can cause various issues if you are trying to use certain features (door button lock, passive unlock with door handle, etc.) - mostly they just won't work since the car's systems can't see the fob past the cell phone. Fob and phone in different pockets for 24 hours now and no issues...wonder if this is a "fixable" issue? Signal strength of fob? Fob signal recognition system?
deejman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-19-2013, 12:22 PM   #10
Shub45

I noticed the same problem. Also when your washing your car and spray the hose at the door handles they lock and unlock.
Shub45 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-19-2013, 06:37 PM   #11
BobsWK2
2014 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shub45 View Post
I noticed the same problem. Also when your washing your car and spray the hose at the door handles they lock and unlock.
I believe most vehicles with the keyless entry do this. I had a 2010 BMW M3, and my neighbor has a 2006 BMW and a 2012 BMW and they all do the same thing while being washed.
Unread 11-19-2013, 07:09 PM   #12
Shub45

Just noticed the last several days i look out in the garage and my lights are all on. Hopefully the remote is not that sensitive that if you move ot or something near it that it activates the car.
Shub45 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.