2014 Overland - Clicking sound at low speeds - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > 2014 Overland - Clicking sound at low speeds

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!2007 - 2011 Jeep JK Long Arm Lift KitsIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 05-05-2013, 08:18 PM   #1
ImAnthony
2014 WK 

2014 Overland - Clicking sound at low speeds

When I drive at low speeds I hear a clicking sound that gets slower/faster with the speed of the car.

It sounds similar to a playing card in the wheel of a bike.

Anyone else hear something similar?

Originally I thought it was a rock or something stuck in the tire but I dont see anything.

Not sure of the exact location sound is coming from either.. sounds like it could be the drive shaft maybe?

Does it in gear and neutral as-well.

Sound disappears or fades away at higher speeds. (30+)

ImAnthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2013, 03:31 PM   #2
gc2014

My limited 4X4 has click sound when shift gears at low speed. Went to dealer and I am still waiting for message from engineer.
gc2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2013, 03:41 PM   #3
hemispin
2014 WK 

I had a noise similar to this on my previous car. It was the cotter pin blocking the axle nut. It's an easy fix. Remove and discard the cotter pin. Put a small amount of silicone sealant on a new cotter pin and install it. That should take care of it. The sealant is easy to remove if you replace a hub or bearing, etc.
hemispin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2013, 01:31 PM   #4
Austinjlee1984

Mine also has that sound is any updates to this? 2014 limited 4x4
Austinjlee1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2013, 11:30 AM   #5
gc2014

Dealer said the click sound is from transfer case. They compared with other two 4x4 2014 vehicles and stated they are identical, it is by design.
The click sound like a solenoid is on/off. It is really annoying. I can hear it obviously when window is down.
gc2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2013, 01:08 PM   #6
rsteps

Quote:
Originally Posted by gc2014
Dealer said the click sound is from transfer case. They compared with other two 4x4 2014 vehicles and stated they are identical, it is by design.
The click sound like a solenoid is on/off. It is really annoying. I can hear it obviously when window is down.
I have a 2012 overland with this sound. I had the regional tech rep from Chrysler diagnose this as transfer case as well. It's not a problem, it is normal according to Chrysler. We also drove three others with the same thing. Annoying but normal.
rsteps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2013, 07:24 PM   #7
kayoticworld
2012 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsteps

I have a 2012 overland with this sound. I had the regional tech rep from Chrysler diagnose this as transfer case as well. It's not a problem, it is normal according to Chrysler. We also drove three others with the same thing. Annoying but normal.
Same sound in my 2012. Posted about it in another thread about a week back. Mines only seems to make the noise on cold starts. Even described it the same way.....like a card in a bicycle tire. Seems to be coming from the back passenger side in my case. So we buy $40 thousand dollar vehicles and this is considered normal? Geez!
Unread 07-25-2013, 12:37 PM   #8
rsteps

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayoticworld

Same sound in my 2012. Posted about it in another thread about a week back. Mines only seems to make the noise on cold starts. Even described it the same way.....like a card in a bicycle tire. Seems to be coming from the back passenger side in my case. So we buy $40 thousand dollar vehicles and this is considered normal? Geez!
I said the same thing. Didn't expect these types of things with an expensive vehicle but love it so I live with it.
rsteps is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.