2014 Limited Tow Hook Question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > 2014 Limited Tow Hook Question

ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail ANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete

Unread 11-14-2013, 07:45 AM   #1
Aquaforest

2014 Limited Tow Hook Question

OK, so I'm looking to replace my 2011 GC Laredo with a 2014 Limited. only thing though I want ORP or I want the dealer to install front tow hooks. The ORP around me is almost non-existent so the dealer said he would install tow hooks. Does anyone know if the grill on a limited without factory installed tow hooks is different than the one that would be included on a limited with ORP that comes with the tow hooks. I guess what I'm asking is the grill on the non-orp limited setup for tow hooks or will it look different than one that came from factory with ORP. Thanks for any info.

Aquaforest is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-14-2013, 09:40 AM   #2
gabbagabba
2014 WK 

why not just order the ORP, better to get what you want up front (plus you get air susp, skids, towing setup, hvy duty stuff that comes with towing). The price for ORA2 is about 1600 msrp I believe which is a steal for all that. I made the mistake of rushing my purchase and although I found a ltd with ORA2, it was black which is not great for off road (every scratch shows). Dont rush it, or if you must drive of fly to where there is the one you want IMHO
gabbagabba is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-14-2013, 09:56 AM   #3
Aquaforest

Thanks, I might end up doing that but dealer told me he can't give me exact price since incentive might change by time of delivery, is that BS?
Unread 11-14-2013, 03:11 PM   #4
NDSU_Bison
2014 WK 

Our dealer (via AAA auto broker) quoted a price when we ordered it and any incentives that might be around on delivery date will be removed from what we have to pay.
NDSU_Bison is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-14-2013, 07:24 PM   #5
ColdCase
My Reality Check Bounced

2011 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaforest View Post
Thanks, I might end up doing that but dealer told me he can't give me exact price since incentive might change by time of delivery, is that BS?
In the US, Chrysler guarantees your price and incentives when you order. You can chose the incentives when you order or at delivery, whichever is better for you. Either you miss understood the dealer or he may not know what he is doing.

In other words, the dealer knows exactly what his cost on any vehicle he can order, there are no unknowns. There may be some internal sales incentives, but it just sounds like one of those sales techniques sometimes used.

If it was me, I'd run to another dealer.
Unread 11-15-2013, 08:37 AM   #6
MartyA
2012 WK 

I can't speak to the grill differences between models but my 2012 Limited came without hooks. The holes where the hooks are exposed have removable inserts so it is completely factory after the install is complete. But I agree with the other posters. If your dealer is trying to railroad you into something you don't want then rethink who you are talking to.
MartyA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-18-2013, 11:57 AM   #7
Aquaforest

Thanks for the responses. One dealer definitely told me that the dealer incentives wouldn't be know until I take delivery and it wasn't a 'whatever is better deal' so I'm going to take them to task. I did find a dealer who is willing to put black tow hooks on the front of a 2014 Limited w/the Tow Package. The ORP is just too hard to find the way I want it. They told me they have to remove the grill to do the work which makes sense I guess for access to the frame. So if I get the tow hooks put on the only real difference between my limited and the ORP one would be the skid plates correct? Unless you getting ORP 2 which has QL. If this doesn't work I'll have to order.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.