2014 limited problems - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > 2014 limited problems

XJ Rail Sale!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!Vanco Big Brake Kit Promotion!

Unread 11-07-2013, 08:48 PM   #1
nattack

2014 limited problems

Few problems lol hopefully their nothing
Just bought a 2014 limited last week. 200 miles

1. started to notice a odd noise coming from the rear driver side tire/fuel door area. Kind of like a popping, ticking sound that eventually disappears but comes back after a minute. "Idle"

2. While driving at low speeds coasting..10-20mph Theirs another random flapping/ticking noise seems like it's underneath the passengers seat not sure. I only hear it while driving at low speeds..

3. Tire pressure sensor keeps alerting me my pressure is low even though I filled all tires.. Even added a little more psi but sensor still reading wrong psi

nattack is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-08-2013, 01:01 AM   #2
shanhuber

The popping noise could be the DEF system. The owners manual says you may here a clicking noise, but it is normal. As far as the sound under the passenger seat, that is where your battery is located. Move the seat, and open the comportment. Check to see if something is loose or moving around. The PSI is a problem that is being addressed, and hopefully will be fixed in the next U connect update. Make sure your U connect is running version 13.38.52
shanhuber is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-08-2013, 06:26 AM   #3
nattack

Thanks for your response! The noise sounds like it's coming from underneath the vehicle around the passenger area.. But I'll investigate!

Again really appreciate the response
nattack is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-08-2013, 06:43 AM   #4
TurboRush

I know you said under the vehicle but just in case... there are several relays under the passenger seat that you'll here click when certain things occur, e.g., heated seat comes on. Probably not it, but figured I'd mention.
TurboRush is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-10-2014, 04:44 PM   #5
Kanab_ram
2014 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nattack View Post
Few problems lol hopefully their nothing
Just bought a 2014 limited last week. 200 miles

2. While driving at low speeds coasting..10-20mph Theirs another random flapping/ticking noise seems like it's underneath the passengers seat not sure. I only hear it while driving at low speeds..
I've noticed something similar but mine only happens when it's below 60 degrees and only during the first 5-10 minutes of operation. There's a distinct click/ticking sound while coasting to a stop and in gear below 20 mph. The sound goes away if I bump into neutral while coasting so it appears to be drive train related.

I'm keeping a record of it and will share with the dealer the next time I take in for service.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.