2014 Limited 8.4 Uconnect Bluetooth Issue - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > 2014 Limited 8.4 Uconnect Bluetooth Issue

TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGTJ, YJ & LJ Drop Down Tail Gate Conversion KitLJ Suspension Systems from Clayton Off Road

Unread 04-27-2013, 09:11 AM   #1
cybercath
2008 JK Wrangler 

2014 Limited 8.4 Uconnect Bluetooth Issue

Monday will be two weeks since we picked up our new GC. The Bluetooth keeps cycling through saying "connecting" but it never does. Everything else on the Uconnect seems to be working fine. The dealership ordered a whole new stereo, but they said it could take several weeks to come in. Im feeling very frustrated and wondering if anyone else with the 8.4 is having the same problem with the Bluetooth. I was hoping that a software fix, similar to that of the 5 with problems, would be available, but it doesn't seem like it.

cybercath is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2013, 09:27 AM   #2
JetBlast
2014 WK 

Go to the UConnect website and check for a software update. One was released a couple days ago for Bluetooth fixes. It fixed mine.
JetBlast is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2013, 04:34 PM   #3
cybercath
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetBlast
Go to the UConnect website and check for a software update. One was released a couple days ago for Bluetooth fixes. It fixed mine.
Where did you find the fix? When I out my VIN in, it says there are no software fixes for the 8.4.
Unread 04-28-2013, 05:38 PM   #4
TitanFlyer

Not sure I would do it unless I knew what the exact result would be, but somewhere I read that if you hold the cold and hot buttons down together it will reset your UConnect. Again, not saying you should do this, but if its a last option I would at least research it.
TitanFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2013, 08:19 PM   #5
cybercath
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanFlyer
Not sure I would do it unless I knew what the exact result would be, but somewhere I read that if you hold the cold and hot buttons down together it will reset your UConnect. Again, not saying you should do this, but if its a last option I would at least research it.
Thanks. I'll research that. I'm still hoping that the dealership will come up with an easy fix and not have to install a whole new stereo.
Unread 04-29-2013, 12:57 PM   #6
bilbo_28
2014 WK 

Check out this thread:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f309/...oblem-1500485/
bilbo_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2013, 06:20 PM   #7
cybercath
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bilbo_28
Thanks for the link. As of now, the fix is for the 5 and not the 8.4, which is what I have. My problem also seems to be different than everyone else's. I never get to the point to pair my phone. The Bluetooth won't start at all. It keeps saying "please wait."
Unread 04-29-2013, 07:58 PM   #8
shmoods
2014 WK 

I picked up my 8.4 today, and I had no problem syncing my Iphone 5.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.