2014 limited - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > 2014 limited

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 02-07-2013, 08:31 PM   #1
Nick_79
2014 FSJ Cherokee 

2014 limited

Hi all, I just placed an order for a 2014 GC Limited. Hemi, Nav (RA4), quadra-drive, quadra lift, tow package, pretty much everything on a Limited.... This will be replacing our leased 2010 T&C, and be used to go on a 4hr trip every other weekend or so, and a DD for my wife. We have a Saint Bernard and a bullmastiff-Lab mix. Our 2010 T&C is in rough shape because of them, (mainly the Saint Bernard). I wanna get a removable cage wall to keep them in the back. What can I do as far as liners / mats to keep the dog smell and hair off the carpeted area? I know it won't be perfect, but I'll try. I'd like something easily removable so my wife and I won't be embarrassed to have company in it.

Nick_79 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-07-2013, 08:43 PM   #2
TooGoodToBeTrue

MOPAR makes a rubber cargo area liner that would probably work and you can buy one from JustForJeeps. Just make sure it'll fit the 2014.
TooGoodToBeTrue is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-07-2013, 09:13 PM   #3
shekshishekki
2013 WK 

Search amazon for suv trunk liners for dogs. You can use the MOPAR mat underneath for added protection.

Also they sell this hitch mounted step to help your dog get in and out of the car without having to jump to land. Its bad for their joints if they do it ALOT. There's a nice one that rotate to fit under the car so you dont have to remove it each time.
shekshishekki is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-07-2013, 10:24 PM   #4
Justal13
2012 WK 

The carpet in the cargo area and back of the seats snags horribly, so you will definitely want to keep it covered. Worst cargo area carpet I have ever had in a vehicle, and it looks ratty very quickly.
Justal13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-07-2013, 11:04 PM   #5
DangFoo
I Had Bacon Today

2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooGoodToBeTrue
MOPAR makes a rubber cargo area liner that would probably work and you can buy one from JustForJeeps. Just make sure it'll fit the 2014.
This ^^^^^; our Trailhawk came with the Mopar mat and it's good quality (i.e. not flimsy).
DangFoo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-08-2013, 04:23 AM   #6
diesel_dice216

My wife and I have a Syberian Husky and she takes up a lot of room in our 13' Limited. Hair is everywhere and it drives me nuts. I purchased the jeep liner that really seems to help, but doesn't address the sides of the cargo area. I couldn't imagine having two huge dogs in that space. I know it's blasphemy but I personally would by a Suburban and remove the third row.
diesel_dice216 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-08-2013, 05:35 AM   #7
f1anatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick_79 View Post
Hi all, I just placed an order for a 2014 GC Limited. Hemi, Nav (RA4), quadra-drive, quadra lift, tow package, pretty much everything on a Limited....
So were the Luxury and Advanced Tech packages available for order on the Limited ? That's what I am waiting for and so far my dealer experience showed that these 2 packages are not yet available.
f1anatic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-12-2013, 07:53 AM   #8
JeepCares

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1anatic View Post
So were the Luxury and Advanced Tech packages available for order on the Limited ? That's what I am waiting for and so far my dealer experience showed that these 2 packages are not yet available.
The hope is that they will be able to be ordered in March. No promises, but it's looking good.
JeepCares is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-14-2013, 10:14 AM   #9
cherrybomb05
2010 JK Wrangler 

We have 3 dogs and my wife takes then around town in her 11 JK. She uses an old bedspread. Easily removable and functions well. Cheap too.
cherrybomb05 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-14-2013, 11:33 AM   #10
dizz1979
2012 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick_79 View Post
Hi all, I just placed an order for a 2014 GC Limited. Hemi, Nav (RA4), quadra-drive, quadra lift, tow package, pretty much everything on a Limited.... This will be replacing our leased 2010 T&C, and be used to go on a 4hr trip every other weekend or so, and a DD for my wife. We have a Saint Bernard and a bullmastiff-Lab mix. Our 2010 T&C is in rough shape because of them, (mainly the Saint Bernard). I wanna get a removable cage wall to keep them in the back. What can I do as far as liners / mats to keep the dog smell and hair off the carpeted area? I know it won't be perfect, but I'll try. I'd like something easily removable so my wife and I won't be embarrassed to have company in it.
I feel you pain. I had a Newfy for 12 years. Get the bottle of windex for the slobber on the windows lol.

Weathertech is the way to go.
dizz1979 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-14-2013, 03:21 PM   #11
kkreit01

Will those dogs even fit behind the 2nd seat? I think I would have bought a used truck -- with topper and Bed Rug. If your T&C is leased, you will get nailed at turn-in time. Good luck.
kkreit01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-16-2013, 03:42 PM   #12
diesel_dice216

Drove by the port (near Baltimore) where most of the GC enter the east coast and it was empty. They must be working hard to get the 14's off the assembly line. That being said, don't look for any massive deals on the 13's as supply isn't as high as one would think....
diesel_dice216 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.