2014 Laredo Tailgates not aligned. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > 2014 Laredo Tailgates not aligned.

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippJeep speedometer gears at rockridge4wdDana 30 Truss for your TJ, LJ, ZJ, and XJ

Unread 03-31-2013, 07:56 AM   #1
Coda

2014 Laredo Tailgates not aligned.

I visited 2 dealerships yesterday, interested in purchasing a 2014 GC Laredo. Every vehicle I looked at had misaligned tail gates. The gap on ever GC was wider on one side, sometimes left, sometimes right. It was so bad that the tail light lense was almost touching the tail gate on one side. Is this a problem with 2014's only? What are the allowable manufacturing toleraneces? I also noticed 3 vehicles had rear doors that weren't flush also.

I really like the new GC and was hoping this was a fluke. The first dealership I visited was in Southfield, the second was in Troy.

I am going to hold off on purchasing until this problem is addressed. I can't pay 34k for a vehicle that has body panels so far out of alignment that my teenage daughter can point it out.

Coda is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2013, 08:07 AM   #2
stevebanzai
2014 WK 

I don't have that problem.
Unread 03-31-2013, 12:06 PM   #3
LibGrandCher
2012 WK 

I had a misaligned front bumper.
Dealer just aligned it for me last week.
Done under warranty .

Truck goes faster now.
LibGrandCher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2013, 05:11 PM   #4
BobsWK2
2014 WK 

MY previous 2012 WK2 liftgate was aligned perfect. My 2014 Summit's liftgate was to close on the left side. My dealer had a body shop correct it. My Summit also had the centering of the steering wheel off. Dealer had to check alignment and adjusted Toe because it was off from the factory.

The best part is my Summit was pulled for a Quality Assurance Test whereby they also put 29 miles on the vehicle and they didn't notice the misaligned liftgate or off center steering wheel. I think the UAW should get a better vision plan because their so called inspectors are missing things. Kind of ridiculous for a $55K vehicle.

But I still love it.
Unread 04-01-2013, 04:11 AM   #5
WvTaco
2011 WK 

also sometimes i know with some other makes.
depending on what side the sun is hitting the rear the plastic can swell alittle on that side making the hatch gap look off.
subaru outback is one of those models it can swell and the tail lights actually hit the hatch.
WvTaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2013, 11:54 AM   #6
rmac427
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I had this issue on my 2012 Altitude Edition. The tailgate was too far to the right. The dealer took care of it under warranty.
rmac427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2013, 05:52 PM   #7
Scooby1
2012 WK 

Wk Lift gate issue

I have 17k miles on my 2012 Overland and recently noticed the lift gate does not close securely on left side. I can push the gate in about an 1/8 - 1/4 inch to lock in place. The lift gate handle fit and finish is also not flush with body... I suspect these issues can/will be addressed under warranty. No other issues so far... and love the vehicle.
Scooby1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2013, 08:14 AM   #8
kidkotic2001
2011 WK 

on my 2011 the gate was so misaligned that they had to fix it and repaint the inner portion of it because it was taking some paint off. It was corrected but very inconvinient.
kidkotic2001 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.