2014 Laredo quality issues - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > 2014 Laredo quality issues

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineOfficial Chassis Saver Rust Preventive Truck & Auto UnFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 03-16-2014, 07:59 PM   #1
ARgetni
2014 WK 

2014 Laredo quality issues

Just got my wife's truck home from the dealer and the rear passenger door kind of catches and makes a clunk sound from the latch when opening, you can feel it catch a bit - the other 3 doors are fine. Should be an easy fix I hope.

I also found a small ding on the inside door sill and its all scratched up and the truck only had 4 miles on it. The sill guards should be standard, not a big deal.

I also found a 4" paint flaw in the drivers door above the crease, you can only see it form an angle and not when you are in front of it so not a big deal either. I found a bunch of dust particles under the clear coat too, overall a crap paint job for a 30k plus truck. Its black btw.

I wish I had noticed this stuff before getting home as now they are my problem to deal with.

Even with the defects it is a great truck, looks mean, wife loves it. Decent power, love the gauges, RA2 radio is cool and sounds good. Decent leg room, baby seat was easy to install.

I called the salesman and he said they will address everything when I come to get the plates.

We shall see...

ARgetni is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2014, 05:14 AM   #2
Shub45

Doesn't get any better with a $54,000 Overland. They all seem to have paint flaws. Get a clay bar. Don't know how they do it but it really works. A lot of dirt in the clear coat can come from rail dust or brake dust during transport. Every new car should be clayed. No wax/cleaner can prep the paint like clay. Good luck.
Shub45 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.