2014 Laredo E 4X4 w/ Off-road adventure 1 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > 2014 Laredo E 4X4 w/ Off-road adventure 1

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsWant to be able to SEE? DOT Approved Headlights for under

Unread 02-15-2014, 06:15 PM   #1
fourbye

2014 Laredo E 4X4 w/ Off-road adventure 1

I built a 2014 Laredo E 4X4 w/ Off-road adventure 1 on jeep's website, but it seems that combo is hard to find at dealerships.. I decided I don't need navigation (have it now and don't use it) can deal without leather and a moon roof.. question is, If I can't find this configuration @ a dealership is my only choice to have it custom built . Does it cost more than just buying a pre-configured one?

-Off-road adventure 1:
Front Suspension Skid Plate
Fuel Tank Skid Plate Shield
*Full Size Spare Tire Steel Spare Wheel
*Hill Descent Control
*P245/70R17 OWL On/Off-Road Tires
*Quadra-Trac II® 4WD System
*Selec-Terrain™ System
Skid Plate Group
Tow Hooks
"Trail Rated" Badge
Transfer Case Skid Plate Shield
Underbody Skid Plate

fourbye is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-15-2014, 07:45 PM   #2
Vantage

Usually dealerships give better incentives on vehicles they already own and are on the lot, but some places will order you one and still give you a decent discount.

For the few thousand difference, I suggest ordering the exact vehicle you want. You will never be happy if you buy something you "settled" on.
Vantage is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-15-2014, 08:24 PM   #3
Dave2002ti
Web Wheeler
2012 WK 

Depends

On the dealer and the time of the month. I got the same dealer on a special order that I would have gotten on a vehicle on the lot. Chances are slim you are going to find what you want on the dealer lot. Back in 2012 I was looking for a similar group of options and had to special order
Dave2002ti is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-15-2014, 09:15 PM   #4
mike718
2014 WK 

If you ever make your way south, you can try Carl Burger's Dodge Chrysler Jeep World in La Mesa. I know they have one a few weeks ago almost pick that one up but got a Limited instead.
mike718 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-15-2014, 09:19 PM   #5
ColdCase
My Reality Check Bounced

2011 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourbye View Post
Does it cost more than just buying a pre-configured one?
Often it costs less to special order because the dealer won't have show room or carrying costs. If you take advantage of a supplier or friend/family pricing it will cost the same. I usually have to special order as dealers rarely stock the options in the color we want. Sometimes we get lucky.
Unread 02-15-2014, 09:32 PM   #6
fourbye

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike718
If you ever make your way south, you can try Carl Burger's Dodge Chrysler Jeep World in La Mesa. I know they have one a few weeks ago almost pick that one up but got a Limited instead.
Nice find, not white but hey.
Unread 02-16-2014, 09:14 AM   #7
b3conswj

I ordered one after the dealer agreed to sell it to me for the 'truecar.com' price that is only supposed to apply to 'vehicles in stock'.
I told the salesman he could sell me a car right then for the truecar price, or I would keep looking for what I wanted and maybe one of the two other dealers truecar referred me to would have it in stock first.
I took delivery of my new Limited model last Saturday after a one month wait!
b3conswj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-16-2014, 11:38 AM   #8
2014RedHemiGC
2014 WK 

As expensive as any new vehicle is, I always order mine to get exactly what I want.
2014RedHemiGC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-16-2014, 12:21 PM   #9
E-rok
1996 ZJ 

When I was looking for a new one, I was looking for the same thing a laredo with ORA1 package and no other options. was impossible to find aside from ordering.
Unread 02-16-2014, 12:30 PM   #10
fourbye

I got a quote from a dealer for 32,722 special ordered. Does that sons about right ? I've seen some as low as 28,750 but that's way out of state and few and far between.
Unread 02-20-2014, 12:39 PM   #11
07jkrubi
2007 JK Wrangler 

I had to order mine. I only wanted a Laredo X with offroad group & tow package. Dealer asked for $100 deposit, and the price paid was around invoice. Delivery was about 5-6 weeks.
07jkrubi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-20-2014, 01:51 PM   #12
Dave2002ti
Web Wheeler
2012 WK 

Join Tread Lightly for 3 years

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourbye View Post
I got a quote from a dealer for 32,722 special ordered. Does that sons about right ? I've seen some as low as 28,750 but that's way out of state and few and far between.
And you get 1% under invoice even with special orders. Tell the sales dude you are a Tread Lightly member and join.
Dave2002ti is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.