2014 JGC Radiator Leak? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > 2014 JGC Radiator Leak?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineBilstein Shock Upgrade Kits, Jeep JK TJ XJ Wranglers and CJeep Wrangler Complete Gear Upgrade Kits with Installs and

Unread 01-02-2014, 07:39 PM   #1
stephenspann27
2014 WK 

2014 JGC Radiator Leak?

Went to change my wife's oil and smelled coolant. Looks like the tank is leaking? It has 10k miles on it. We bought it this past summer.

http://i.imgur.com/AlbvjtO.jpg

albvjto.jpg  
Unread 01-03-2014, 08:33 AM   #2
TurboRush

I had a very minor leak in mine at about 2k, clearly factory defect. Brought it in and had it back the next day.
TurboRush is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-03-2014, 10:16 AM   #3
fun2drive

Remember all manufacturers buy from suppliers. In this case it looks like this is another aluminum alloy/ phenolic radiator which is common through out the industry. Main manufacturer was Behr and now there are many other suppliers available. Without a doubt these radiators will eventually fail and that failure is about 10 years service. This is the radiator system BMW has been using for well over 20 years and I have replaced a number of them. They either have failure of the hose neck which cracks completely off or a seam failure where the phenolic is bonded to the aluminum alloy. Yours looks like typical seam failure.
I know it is way cheaper but it also not nearly as dependable so hoping yours is an isolated case...
fun2drive is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-03-2014, 10:05 PM   #4
stephenspann27
2014 WK 

Turbo, was yours in the same area?
Unread 01-04-2014, 10:16 AM   #5
TurboRush

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephenspann27 View Post
Turbo, was yours in the same area?
Unfortunately I never located the exact location. It came from the driver side but didn't see anything up top, but noticed a drip, literally a single drip, on the ground and some on the under paneling. I'm lead to believe it was lower down as a result but can't confirm.

I'm with you fun, while not ideal, I did search and found maybe 1 other person with a 2011 that mentioned anything + Stephen. Given that size this is just an unlucky draw.
TurboRush is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-08-2015, 12:35 PM   #6
fdg008

My 2014 JGC Limited V6 had the same little leak, driver side top. Dealer replaced rad at 12,000 miles. Took 3 days to get the part in. Annoying.
fdg008 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-14-2015, 06:33 PM   #7
Jeep Brian

Hope you don't mind me posting this, but Under 7k on the wife's Durango and driver side is leaking.

Edit, just out of curiosity are all of these with the trailer package??

Hers: 14 Dodge Durango Citadel Hemi

68 Firebird 350 4 spd #'s matching
Jeep Brian is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.