2014 Grand Cherokee - mic issue? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > 2014 Grand Cherokee - mic issue?

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 07-25-2013, 06:10 PM   #1
Peppoli
2014 WK 

2014 Grand Cherokee - mic issue?

Just picked up my first jeep this week, 2014 Laredo E w/offroad package, love it!
I paired up my iPhone 5 with the uconnect 5.0 system but the other party has trouble hearing me when I make or receive calls. I can hear the other party perfectly. I'm also finding that the system has trouble understanding my voice commands, today I asked for "help" and got Tuned to the Elvis satellite radio station!
Anyone else having trouble?

Peppoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2013, 06:08 PM   #2
Peppoli
2014 WK 

Update:

The GC spent the day at the dealership, they tried updating the software, no luck, they're going to try and replace the radio unit next, it's on order. Not a happy camper............…
Unread 08-08-2013, 07:15 AM   #3
StaticFX

odd... i would have thought maybe the mic had issues, which i think is in the mirror. Not the radio.
StaticFX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2013, 03:11 PM   #4
Peppoli
2014 WK 

Just got the GC back, mic seems to be working fine. Dropped it off Monday morning, they changed the radio, didn't work, they tried a "known" working mirror/mic, still no good.
They finally traced it out to a bad pin in one of the connectors.
Hopefully no more problems, will take her home for a nice bath! BTW, uconnect still can't understand me, must be the Long Island accent.....
Unread 05-28-2014, 02:08 PM   #5
netfobos
2014 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peppoli View Post
Just got the GC back, mic seems to be working fine. Dropped it off Monday morning, they changed the radio, didn't work, they tried a "known" working mirror/mic, still no good.
They finally traced it out to a bad pin in one of the connectors.
Hopefully no more problems, will take her home for a nice bath! BTW, uconnect still can't understand me, must be the Long Island accent.....
Hi I was reading your post published several months. And now I believe that ive being same problem, mic issues waiting for new radio to interchange, don't you remember where was the conector pin problem exactly, I would like check it before wait for a uconnect replacement, maybe is same problem, and i need to wait more time because i live outside US.

Thanks
netfobos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2014, 08:00 PM   #6
tiny17

Interesting, I too may have this issue. Will need to do more testing, but I know the system is horrible at recognizing my commands compared to my 2012 Kia Optima.
tiny17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2014, 06:30 AM   #7
TurboRush

... and I've found the system to be one of the best at recognizing voice commands, even feeding it street names I think it has no chance of figuring out it does. Now the 2014 Outback is another beast, completely useless - "dial home..." changing channel to 5...
TurboRush is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-04-2014, 01:32 AM   #8
NobleRot

I'm having the same issue with my 2014 rubicon, every person i call they say they cant hear me, i wonder if theres a way to upgrade the mic
NobleRot is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.