2014 grand cherokee limited power seat - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > 2014 grand cherokee limited power seat

Labor Day Sale!Clayton Off Road - last day of the Labor Day special!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 12-18-2013, 09:17 PM   #31
kevinc2004
2014 WK 

The passenger fold flat seat option only reduced the MSRP by 175.00. That is a pitiful savings for such a loss, and such an UNCOMFORTABLE ride for any poor passenger..

My dealership traded it back in with 481 miles, and was able to work out an outstanding deal with a 2014 Overland that they had on their lot. My wife is now happy with dual power seats with 4 way power lumbar, and about every other feature that I have ever seen on a Jeep.. My favorite is the automatic high beam lights and the LED low beam headlights!

kevinc2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-19-2013, 02:23 AM   #32
wriggly1dog
2014 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinc2004 View Post
The passenger fold flat seat option only reduced the MSRP by 175.00. That is a pitiful savings for such a loss, and such an UNCOMFORTABLE ride for any poor passenger..

My dealership traded it back in with 481 miles, and was able to work out an outstanding deal with a 2014 Overland that they had on their lot. My wife is now happy with dual power seats with 4 way power lumbar, and about every other feature that I have ever seen on a Jeep.. My favorite is the automatic high beam lights and the LED low beam headlights!
Sorry you had to go through this. But, you sound happy now. Don't feel too bad, I traded a crappy Mustang GT Convertible that was one month old in on my GC, and it cost me 10k.....it's only money.
wriggly1dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-19-2013, 05:49 AM   #33
rebelbowtie
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinc2004

So you're saying the padding and cover material was different on this manual food flat seat?
For he's just the U.S. Government's hired man.
rebelbowtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-19-2013, 08:57 PM   #34
kevinc2004
2014 WK 

The cushions are the same part numbers.. What I am saying is that the support mechanisms inside the seat are not the same. I wanted the power lumbar support that is in the standard seat. Second thing is the tilt of the seat, the manual adjuster puts too much pressure on the back of my thighs and reduces sensation in my feet while traveling on a trip. That is the biggest reason for wanting dual power seats.
Unread 12-19-2013, 09:58 PM   #35
bangback
2014 WK 

You can find lots of them looking at the dealer inventories on jeep.com. It's odd but I found several dealerships who routinely order them watching the Limited market in suburban Boston for a few weeks before buying (or they ordered them once and they were stuck in inventory). Mansfield Chrysler Jeep for one.

Jeep is kind of odd in that they apparently let dealers order whatever they feel like. There was quite a bit of "dealer norms" that I came to recognize. For example, my dealer did not have a single GC with a factory hitch on the lot. Most likely because it's more profitable to install them aftermarket -- they jumped at the chance to do it significantly below the option invoice price to close the deal. Some dealers always order Navigation, some have a mix. My dealer orders no limiteds with 20" wheels, most have a mix. Many car brands have a much more disciplined approach to what option packages are on the normal lot cars, though obviously you can do anything you want as a pure custom order.
bangback is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2014, 08:18 AM   #36
bobby57

seat delete

Just bought 2014 also with the "hidden" delete. Went back to dealer who was also surprised. Dealer said these are selling so fast that they cant keep up with the components for the power seat so they are shipping them out to the dealers with manual seat. My dealer is presently working with jeep to find a retro solution. Told me that if it cant be done he will take it back and give me a new one with the power seat as soon as he can get one, about 3 weeks according to him. He realizes this was an unexpected mistake on his part as well as mine for not reading the fine print because neither one of us expected there to not be a power seat.
bobby57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2014, 07:42 PM   #37
kevinc2004
2014 WK 

I was told that there is no place to plug in the harnesses. There is not a part number for the passenger power seat, by the pieces it would cost about 2 grand to buy it... I traded my limited with the fold flat pass seat back in at 431 miles, and they worked me a deal on a Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland that was on their lot. That made the wife real happy!
Unread 01-12-2014, 11:59 AM   #38
bobby57

got a call from my dealer this week, told me he would have a complete power heated seat in 7 to 10 days and can replace the manual seat no problem. Will see...
bobby57 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.