2014 grand cherokee limited power seat - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > 2014 grand cherokee limited power seat

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGSmittybilt Products at Oconee Off-Road!

Unread 12-14-2013, 03:05 PM   #16
ColdCase
My Reality Check Bounced

2011 WK 

Have the dealer swap seats with another limited on the lot?

I don't see a part number for the entire seat, just individual pieces.

Unread 12-14-2013, 06:23 PM   #17
Robert J. yates
1998 TJ Wrangler 

FWIW..... I was at a dealer earlier today and the power seat delete showed up as an option on more than. 1 vehicle. It's probably not as weird as we think it is and when I test drive, I am checking for sure LoL.
Robert J. yates is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2013, 09:08 PM   #18
wriggly1dog
2014 WK 

It's not just with GC's. I had a 2013 Mustang GT convertible, and it had the power passenger seat, but most of them I looked at did not. For me with my little wife, the power passenger seat is a must have.
wriggly1dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-16-2013, 06:25 PM   #19
kevinc2004
2014 WK 

Update,,, I was told that they could not put the power seat back into the grand cherokee if it was deleted on build. Expensive lesson.. I traded a 2014 grand cherokee limited with 418 miles on it tonight to get the power seat back... I will remember to check the right side of the sticker verry carefully from now on.
kevinc2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2013, 06:57 AM   #20
2kg4u
2014 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinc2004 View Post
Update,,, I was told that they could not put the power seat back into the grand cherokee if it was deleted on build. Expensive lesson.. I traded a 2014 grand cherokee limited with 418 miles on it tonight to get the power seat back... I will remember to check the right side of the sticker verry carefully from now on.
Ouch. Might have been cheaper to trade in the wife.
2kg4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2013, 07:17 AM   #21
MickinNY
2013 WK 

Quote:
That truly sucks.....sorry to hear that. Out of curiosity, how much do they charge for the passenger power seat? Is it part of a package?
MickinNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2013, 07:24 AM   #22
rebelbowtie
2000 XJ Cherokee 

So the manual seats don't have a height adjustment and that was the issue? I would have told my wife to suck it she is the passenger not the driver lol
For he's just the U.S. Government's hired man.
rebelbowtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2013, 07:47 AM   #23
Dave2002ti
2012 WK 

Lawyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kg4u View Post
Ouch. Might have been cheaper to trade in the wife.
It is never cheaper to trade the wifey. Never ever because lawyers get involved.
Dave2002ti is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2013, 10:32 AM   #24
gabbagabba
2014 WK 

I can see both sides of this:

- customer assumed that all limiteds come with bilateral power seats. Dealer probably didnt even notice one way or the other but should have pointed out??

- customer also states power seats a very high priority and had a respon to do a walk through at delivery and note that issue.

It is worth repeating that when you take delivery take a good 5-10 minutes to inspect the car/truck head to toe, look under the hood, treat it like a used car. Scratches? options you want? etc. Once you take it home, game over.

was this an inventory or special order?
gabbagabba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2013, 08:01 PM   #25
kevinc2004
2014 WK 

This was an inventory vehicle,,, Jeep website and window sticker state dual power seats are a STANDARD FEATURE. I missed that they replaced the passenger seat with a CHEAP fold flat seat.. I have found that it is supposedly impossible to replace the manual seat with the standard power seat.. I am still waiting on the new Limited that we are trading for to get here, or for a price break on the Overland trim unit that they have on the yard. I will look over the sticker Verry Carefully on all vehicles in the future.. This reminds me of an old addage that states to ASSUME is to make an a__ out of you and me!
kevinc2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2013, 08:49 PM   #26
Robert J. yates
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabbagabba View Post
I can see both sides of this:

- customer assumed that all limiteds come with bilateral power seats. Dealer probably didnt even notice one way or the other but should have pointed out??

- customer also states power seats a very high priority and had a respon to do a walk through at delivery and note that issue.

It is worth repeating that when you take delivery take a good 5-10 minutes to inspect the car/truck head to toe, look under the hood, treat it like a used car. Scratches? options you want? etc. Once you take it home, game over.

was this an inventory or special order?
As I said earlier.... Since I am shopping for a 14, I have noticed more than one with the power seat delete on the lots. Why is beyond me but they are not unusual at all.
Robert J. yates is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2013, 07:37 AM   #27
MickinNY
2013 WK 

Quote:
This was an inventory vehicle,,, Jeep website and window sticker state dual power seats are a STANDARD FEATURE. I missed that they replaced the passenger seat with a CHEAP fold flat seat.. I have found that it is supposedly impossible to replace the manual seat with the standard power seat.. I am still waiting on the new Limited that we are trading for to get here, or for a price break on the Overland trim unit that they have on the yard. I will look over the sticker Verry Carefully on all vehicles in the future.. This reminds me of an old addage that states to ASSUME is to make an a__ out of you and me!
How are dual power seats a STANDARD FEATURE & then have the passenger seat replaced with one that isn't powered? Talk about convoluted logic.
MickinNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2013, 09:23 AM   #28
2kg4u
2014 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickinNY View Post
How are dual power seats a STANDARD FEATURE & then have the passenger seat replaced with one that isn't powered? Talk about convoluted logic.
Standard equipment will be included automatically when you order a vehicle, unless superseded by a delete option like in this case. I remember ordering a new Trans Am (many years ago) with a radio delete option because I wanted to put an aftermarket one in. I guess what suprised me (and the OP) is until I looked at his build sheet I did not realize such a delete code existed. Robert reports seeing them several times, which makes me wonder how much it reduces the MRSP. Must be pretty signigicant to justify removing what I see as an important feature.
Unread 12-18-2013, 02:06 PM   #29
ColdCase
My Reality Check Bounced

2011 WK 

Perhaps some would rather have the utility of a fold flat seat than a power seat. I'd rather the passenger seat fold flat so I could haul longer cargo (or more dorm room junk ).
Unread 12-18-2013, 02:10 PM   #30
2kg4u
2014 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdCase View Post
Perhaps some would rather have the utility of a fold flat seat than a power seat. I'd rather the passenger seat fold flat so I could haul longer cargo (or more dorm room junk ).
My front passenger seat is powered, and it is fold flat. Not flat in terms of being level with the load floor, but it folds forward to create a flat work space, possibly for a laptop or something like that. The build sheet refers to it as fold flat.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.