2014 Grand Cherokee Headlight mod - Page 7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > 2014 Grand Cherokee Headlight mod

Building a Bumper?Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Reply
Unread 11-13-2013, 06:57 PM   #91
Deadserial
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Eugene, Oregon
Posts: 58
Yeah I contacted him too and he quoted me $980 to build me a harness if I sent him my headlights!! I told him okay, and I will send him my kidney and first born too. He never replied haha. I look forward to the harness getting completed too. Can't wait to install these headlights!

Deadserial is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2013, 07:01 PM   #92
mjcedeno
Registered User
2014 WK 
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Sunrise, FL
Posts: 22
this is what he emailed me:

Hi Mario,

There are a few more things I need to tell you about the install. First. We will be using an aftermarket HID kit. So the new headlights will be modified for that, we found that using the factory HID system was not working correctly for us.

Second the daytime running light, which is that sideways horseshoe light is supposed to be bright during the day, then dim at night when the headlights came on. The way we have it wired, that doesn't happen. It will stay bright day or night. Customers have actually preffered that, and have been approached by over Grand Cherokee owners on how they do that

Third, the front, and rear turn signals, when they are being operated flash normally, so does the turn signal indicator inside on the dashboard. But the turn signals that are on the mirror flash rapidly, we don't know why, and tried installing resistors as well as other "tricks" but it didn't seem to solve that issue.

Overall the lights will work great, and the install will not be too difficult for someone that's handy around cars. I just wanted to share these things with you, so you know exactly what to expect. Once I have them it should only take 2-3 days before I ship them out, depending on our current workload. I do have two that we will be working on this upcoming week

Once you source some headlights ease have them shipped to:






Are you running with the same issues with the plug & play harness, hope not!
__________________
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited V6 Black & Black, Summit Grill.
mjcedeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2013, 07:36 PM   #93
tuxedoblack11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjcedeno
this is what he emailed me: Hi Mario, There are a few more things I need to tell you about the install. First. We will be using an aftermarket HID kit. So the new headlights will be modified for that, we found that using the factory HID system was not working correctly for us. Second the daytime running light, which is that sideways horseshoe light is supposed to be bright during the day, then dim at night when the headlights came on. The way we have it wired, that doesn't happen. It will stay bright day or night. Customers have actually preffered that, and have been approached by over Grand Cherokee owners on how they do that Third, the front, and rear turn signals, when they are being operated flash normally, so does the turn signal indicator inside on the dashboard. But the turn signals that are on the mirror flash rapidly, we don't know why, and tried installing resistors as well as other "tricks" but it didn't seem to solve that issue. Overall the lights will work great, and the install will not be too difficult for someone that's handy around cars. I just wanted to share these things with you, so you know exactly what to expect. Once I have them it should only take 2-3 days before I ship them out, depending on our current workload. I do have two that we will be working on this upcoming week Once you source some headlights ease have them shipped to: Are you running with the same issues with the plug & play harness, hope not!
Haha what a joke, the factory hid works fine on my harness. I was running into problems with the drl flickering so I figured out that they are pulse width modulated and require yet another converter lol. So this guy sound pretty fishy to me, especially if he needs the headlights to build a harness.
tuxedoblack11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2013, 07:48 PM   #94
sasohomes
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 15
Please let Me know when the kit to convert the regular lights to led lights.
I'd like to purchase it

NwiRealtors@gmail.com

219.808.1520

Thank you
sasohomes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2013, 07:56 PM   #95
mjcedeno
Registered User
2014 WK 
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Sunrise, FL
Posts: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuxedoblack11 View Post
Haha what a joke, the factory hid works fine on my harness. I was running into problems with the drl flickering so I figured out that they are pulse width modulated and require yet another converter lol. So this guy sound pretty fishy to me, especially if he needs the headlights to build a harness.
I did not want to run those issues I rather stay with the stock headlights. please let me know when the harness is ready.
__________________
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited V6 Black & Black, Summit Grill.
mjcedeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2013, 09:27 PM   #96
tuxedoblack11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by sasohomes
Please let Me know when the kit to convert the regular lights to led lights. I'd like to purchase it NwiRealtors@gmail.com 219.808.1520 Thank you
Will do! I am going to check on renting a GC to test the harness to ensure full functionality!
tuxedoblack11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-17-2013, 09:33 PM   #97
sasohomes
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 15
Any progress on harness?
sasohomes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-21-2013, 07:23 AM   #98
Jarm6125
Registered User
2014 WK 
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 1
What would you charge for the headlights ? I have a 2014 grand Cherokee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanswell View Post
I have a 2014 Grand Cherokee Laredo, and wanted the LED headlights so bad. I had a guy make me a harness for the new lights and will post pictures when I put the new OEM HID LED lights in :0). I'm a production manager at an OEM headlight distribution/refurbishing company so I got the new lights from them because they had European headlights they can't sell (euro has clear reflector instead of amber).

Ill keep everyone updated on how it turns out incase anyone else is looking to upgrade to the new lights as well!
Thanks
Jon
Armolamarketing@yahoo.com
Jarm6125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-22-2013, 12:44 PM   #99
RI_2014
Registered User
2014  
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: , RI
Posts: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuxedoblack11 View Post
Will do! I am going to check on renting a GC to test the harness to ensure full functionality!
I'm sure a forum member would offer up there own jeep for testing to assist with build. Usually manufactures give a discount for this.
RI_2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-29-2013, 12:09 PM   #100
mjcedeno
Registered User
2014 WK 
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Sunrise, FL
Posts: 22
How cool could be if we could get those plug n' play harness as a black friday offer...

@tuxedoblack11
__________________
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited V6 Black & Black, Summit Grill.
mjcedeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-29-2013, 12:20 PM   #101
sasohomes
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 15
Please count me in for the harness! Any Black Friday specials has my vote :-))

Any update on the progress?
sasohomes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-29-2013, 06:09 PM   #102
Deadserial
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Eugene, Oregon
Posts: 58
I'm hoping this harness gets built soon!
Deadserial is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-01-2013, 12:53 PM   #103
RI_2014
Registered User
2014  
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: , RI
Posts: 3
Any updates?
RI_2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2013, 03:14 AM   #104
Gamez904
Registered User
2014 WK 
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Yuciapa, California
Posts: 47
Sort of off topic but I'm currently stationed out in Dubai right now and I saw a 14' Laredo driving around with the LED headlights. I was going to stop him to ask him how he managed to gets them working but since I'm not allowed to "drive" out here I lost him ��
Gamez904 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2013, 03:03 AM   #105
mjcedeno
Registered User
2014 WK 
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Sunrise, FL
Posts: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamez904 View Post
Sort of off topic but I'm currently stationed out in Dubai right now and I saw a 14' Laredo driving around with the LED headlights. I was going to stop him to ask him how he managed to gets them working but since I'm not allowed to "drive" out here I lost him ��
In most countries Jeep builds full loaded versions of Laredo and Limited. Not too many models and options as here in North America. So that might be the scenario in Dubai the 14" Laredo's come from factory with the LED DRL headlights.
__________________
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited V6 Black & Black, Summit Grill.
mjcedeno is offline   Reply With Quote




Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.