2014 Grand Cherokee Headlight mod - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > 2014 Grand Cherokee Headlight mod

Grizzly Lockers available at Rockridge4wd.comThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughYukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 09-26-2013, 06:03 PM   #46
lujaba
2011 WK 

2011 Grand Cherokee headlamp mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuxedoblack11 View Post
A member on here had a great question that I thought I would share with All of you. He asked if the if his 2011 GC would work with the 2014 LED headlights, the answer is yes! 2011 through 2014 all use the same headlight shape, it's just that 2011-2014 use regular halogen bowl style headlamps and in 2014 they switched to halogen projectors.
Hi Tuxedo I sent you PM regarding info about this mod.
Thanks in advance

lujaba is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-26-2013, 06:12 PM   #47
tuxedoblack11

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiodeDynamics
We have a plug and play HID conversion kit that works well in these housings. Shoot me an email if you'd like more information: Contact@diodedynamics.com Nick C.
I think most these guys want the oem hid housings instead of a plug and play kit, no offense.
tuxedoblack11 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-27-2013, 05:52 AM   #48
Ken-G
2014 WK 

I don't know about every flavor of GC but my HIDs are steerable (they turn slightly into the direction you are turning) and they are self leveling. When you first start the car you can watch the HIDs move up and down until they determine what is level for the car.
Ken-G is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-27-2013, 02:19 PM   #49
jimboteque1
2014 WK 

Exactly, Ken. OP, does the mod you have do this?
Unread 09-30-2013, 05:18 PM   #50
lujaba
2011 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuxedoblack11
Yes this will be a plug and play harness for all those that need it. If you need the heads contact the OP as he has the resources to get them.
Hi tuxedoblack I'm trying to find a harness to use 2014 grand Cherokee headlights (xenon with DRL) on my 2011 grand Cherokee.

I wrote people on Projetoretrofits without any success. I don't know if you can help me or if anybody here knows where to contact this people.
Thanks a lot
Unread 10-02-2013, 09:43 AM   #51
tuxedoblack11

Quote:
Originally Posted by lujaba
Hi tuxedoblack I'm trying to find a harness to use 2014 grand Cherokee headlights (xenon with DRL) on my 2011 grand Cherokee. I wrote people on Projetoretrofits without any success. I don't know if you can help me or if anybody here knows where to contact this people. Thanks a lot
Hey man I am the owner of projectoretrofits, I just haven't had a whole lot of time to respond to the jeep emails. I've been getting quite a few and am still working on getting the modules configured into the harness then I can release the product thanks man!
Unread 10-02-2013, 01:12 PM   #52
lujaba
2011 WK 

Quote:
Hey man I am the owner of projectoretrofits, I just haven't had a whole lot of time to respond to the jeep emails. I've been getting quite a few and am still working on getting the modules configured into the harness then I can release the product thanks man!
Oh thanks for your answer. I understand you could be very busy. I left you an email and PM with my contact info. Please as soon you get those modules configured and you have the harness just let me know. I'm really interested to get on of them.
That's a pretty good job men. Congrats!!

Meanwhile do you know where to get the OEM 2014 Grand Cherokee headlights? (Xenon with DRL LEDs of course)
Best regards
Unread 10-02-2013, 01:25 PM   #53
lujaba
2011 WK 

Quote:
Hi thanks a lot for your answer. I understand you must be very busy with all your projects . Don't worry man. I left you my email address and PM with all my contact information. I'm really interested to get one of those harness, so please let me know as soon as you get those harness ready for sale.

You're doing a really good job man congrats!!
Meanwhile do you know somebody or where to get 2014 grand Cherokee OEM headlights ? (Xenon with DRL LEDs of course)

Best regards
Unread 10-02-2013, 01:29 PM   #54
lujaba
2011 WK 

Upps sorry for duplicate message, my app got freeze and I thought first message didn't post..
Unread 10-02-2013, 01:31 PM   #55
tuxedoblack11

Quote:
Originally Posted by lujaba
Upps sorry for duplicate message, my app got freeze and I thought first message didn't post..
Hit up the op of this thread and he can hook you up with the heads!
Unread 10-02-2013, 02:11 PM   #56
lujaba
2011 WK 

Quote:
Hit up the op of this thread and he can hook you up with the heads!
Great thanks a lot!!
Unread 10-07-2013, 07:45 PM   #57
JoeyMo973
2013 WK 

Can i put these in 2013 Overland Summit

Hi Everyone, this may have been answered or discussed in other threads, but i have been searching for hours and cant find an answer to my specific question so i am hoping someone on here can help me out.

I have a 2013 Overland Summit, and i want the 2014 Overland Summit headlights bad. Is this feasible? Are they the same size, and in addition to purchasing the headlights, what else do i need to buy to make it all work? And if i do need the harness etc, any recommendations where i can buy a good one would be great!

Thanks so much for your help!

Joe
Unread 10-08-2013, 08:48 PM   #58
lujaba
2011 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyMo973
Hi Everyone, this may have been answered or discussed in other threads, but i have been searching for hours and cant find an answer to my specific question so i am hoping someone on here can help me out. I have a 2013 Overland Summit, and i want the 2014 Overland Summit headlights bad. Is this feasible? Are they the same size, and in addition to purchasing the headlights, what else do i need to buy to make it all work? And if i do need the harness etc, any recommendations where i can buy a good one would be great! Thanks so much for your help! Joe
Hi Joe,
This heads will physically fit, the problem is the harness. If you have regular halogen heads like mine, then you need a special harness conversion to use this Xenon or HID's
As you probably could see here, people at Projetoretrofits are making final adjusts in a harness to make that possible. I'm waiting for them too... 😔😔

Hope this can help you
Regards
Unread 10-09-2013, 09:52 AM   #59
JoeyMo973
2013 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lujaba View Post
Hi Joe,
This heads will physically fit, the problem is the harness. If you have regular halogen heads like mine, then you need a special harness conversion to use this Xenon or HID's
As you probably could see here, people at Projetoretrofits are making final adjusts in a harness to make that possible. I'm waiting for them too... ?de14?de14

Hope this can help you
Regards
Thanks so much for the information! To be clear what you are saying is if my heads are currently halogen i need the harness, but if they are HID or Xenon i can just swap them? If thats the case, and this may be a REALLY dumb question but how can i tell if my lights are halogen or HID? thanks again for all your help!

Joe
Unread 10-09-2013, 09:55 AM   #60
DiodeDynamics
Jeep Lighting Experts
2011 JK Wrangler 

If your lights are mostly yellow, not a brilliant white color, you probably have halogen style lighting.

Shoot me an email: contact@diodedynamics.com and I will give you all the information you need and point you in the direction of a reasonably priced, high quality HID conversion kit.

Nick C.

Lighting / Acrylic Your Source For Jeep Lighting and Acrylic
We have the LOWEST PRICES around... check us out! > www.diodedynamics.com
DiodeDynamics is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.