2014 Grand Cherokee Headlight mod - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > 2014 Grand Cherokee Headlight mod

Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsNEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 07-31-2013, 07:39 PM   #1
Chanswell

Smile 2014 Grand Cherokee Headlight mod

I have a 2014 Grand Cherokee Laredo, and wanted the LED headlights so bad. I had a guy make me a harness for the new lights and will post pictures when I put the new OEM HID LED lights in :0). I'm a production manager at an OEM headlight distribution/refurbishing company so I got the new lights from them because they had European headlights they can't sell (euro has clear reflector instead of amber).

Ill keep everyone updated on how it turns out incase anyone else is looking to upgrade to the new lights as well!

Chanswell is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-01-2013, 02:27 AM   #2
biggtre03
2014 WK 

Sounds good, I have a 2014 Limited and want the LED lights as well. Lookin forward to the pics!
biggtre03 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-01-2013, 12:59 PM   #3
tuxedoblack11

Got a few pics of the harness coming to life, it's a piece of wiring artwork. All of the plugs on the halogen version are utilized so none of them are left Empty. this harness is also a can-bus harness which won't give you any bulb out errors or hyperflashing on the turn signals. the LEDs will function just like the 2014s with my switchback control module, which shuts the LED DRL's off when the turn signal is initialized, then powers them back on once the turn is completed.

tuxedoblack11 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-05-2013, 12:23 AM   #4
tuxedoblack11

Completed fully functional adapting harness!
Unread 08-05-2013, 10:35 AM   #5
Eviltwin06
2013 WK 

Great work...good and bright. "can you see me now"
Eviltwin06 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-05-2013, 12:00 PM   #6
Dave2002ti
Web Wheeler
2012 WK 

But

How does it light the road? I dont care if the lights use candles or are powered by olive oil but I do care about how far down the road they project light and how to each side etc. I have always preferred Euro spec lighting and for many years ran no DOT approved headlights. Never had any problems passing VA's yearly safety inspections. Lights for far superior to US spec.
Dave2002ti is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-05-2013, 12:44 PM   #7
tuxedoblack11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave2002ti
How does it light the road? I dont care if the lights use candles or are powered by olive oil but I do care about how far down the road they project light and how to each side etc. I have always preferred Euro spec lighting and for many years ran no DOT approved headlights. Never had any problems passing VA's yearly safety inspections. Lights for far superior to US spec.
These are the euro spec headlights, notice the clear side markers ^^^

Last edited by tuxedoblack11; 08-05-2013 at 03:51 PM..
Unread 08-05-2013, 08:00 PM   #8
BobsWK2
2014 WK 

I know the 14's have LED taillights that only operate on the running lights. Can he make a set of LED's for the rear brake/turn bulbs that would be plug and play?
Unread 08-05-2013, 08:29 PM   #9
tuxedoblack11

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobsWK2
I know the 14's have LED taillights that only operate on the running lights. Can he make a set of LED's for the rear brake/turn bulbs that would be plug and play?
Anythings possible sir, just need the right tools and research!
Unread 08-06-2013, 08:22 PM   #10
BobsWK2
2014 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuxedoblack11 View Post
Anythings possible sir, just need the right tools and research!
If you figure it out, let me know and I'll buy it.
Unread 08-06-2013, 08:41 PM   #11
SteetJeep
2014 WK 

Will you be offering these kits for sale?
Unread 08-06-2013, 08:47 PM   #12
tuxedoblack11

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobsWK2

If you figure it out, let me know and I'll buy it.
Let me do some research and ill see what's all involved.
Unread 08-06-2013, 08:48 PM   #13
tuxedoblack11

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteetJeep
Will you be offering these kits for sale?
Yes this will be a plug and play harness for all those that need it. If you need the heads contact the OP as he has the resources to get them.
Unread 08-06-2013, 09:07 PM   #14
Chanswell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave2002ti
The only difference in these Euro spec lights is the reflector color. The LED's are DRL's and are for other cars to see you, not light the road. Lighting the road is for the HID, which brights up the night!

Once I get ahold of the passenger side light, I will be installing the blacked out SRT lights. Ill posts picture tomorrow of the LH side lit up!
Chanswell is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-07-2013, 07:24 AM   #15
Dave2002ti
Web Wheeler
2012 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanswell View Post
The only difference in these Euro spec lights is the reflector color. The LED's are DRL's and are for other cars to see you, not light the road. Lighting the road is for the HID, which brights up the night!

Once I get ahold of the passenger side light, I will be installing the blacked out SRT lights. Ill posts picture tomorrow of the LH side lit up!
Not sure of current regs ie last 5 years but Euro spec lights had different cut off on both high and low beam for height and the width of pattern was different. Also a Euro spec light would safely handle higher wattage bulbs. i miss 7" and 5 3/4" simple round headlights.
Dave2002ti is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.