2014 Grand Cherokee - Electrical problems? - Page 9 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > 2014 Grand Cherokee - Electrical problems?

Savvy FOX IFP 4" Lift Shocks in StockSavvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank Skid

Unread 11-20-2013, 02:49 PM   #121
TurboRush

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericwlod View Post
The Uconnect system/radio/HVAC screen will reboot while driving or lock up, if you have the HVAC system, heated seats or steering wheel heat on they will remain on because the screen is either locked up or rebooting, neither of which will default to HVAC, seats or steering wheel off. You would need to shut the car down and wait for the power settings to turn everything off, (a minute or two). If the system reboots it usually will not respond to turn the seats, steering wheel or heating off.

We do not have the default settings set to "on" to turn on the seats and steering wheel on cold startup. And yet sometimes on start up they come on automatically anyways. This requires us to shut them off, and then reset the memory position for heat off, steering wheel off, heated seats off.
Ahh, I see the issue now, I wasn't putting 2 and 2 together that when the unit reboots you now have no way to turn those items off...

Sounds like if you have the latest version 13.38 (which I think you do based on previous post) it's probably a candidate for replacement.

Let your dealer be your advocate with Jeep to get that done, let them know (or they might suggest) that you're going to call Jeep to complain about the issues you're seeing. This will get Jeep to work directly with the dealer to a successful resolution and they should also put you in a loaner/rental.

TurboRush is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-22-2013, 01:33 PM   #122
ericwlod

We had a new one happen yesterday, the radio system locked up with the screen locked on the last backup camera image, we drove down the road 30 minutes until we stopped and shut the car down and restarted it. This brought the radio back on to normal.

The dealer has ordered a new radio, once it gets installed we will see if it fixes the issues. I will post a reply.
ericwlod is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-12-2013, 02:06 PM   #123
amirkareem

Red face your help

hi guys
i get new jeep sheroke limited 2014 it's wonderful car, but i got some problem in usb and sd card, reading music file correctly but there are stop not running just read only and i can do next track also not running.
i'll do the reset to screen by pushing the volume and running button to gather foe 55 sec but is useless
any help
amirkareem is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-13-2013, 05:57 AM   #124
xSNAPDRAGONx
2014 WK 

Planning on buying GC on Tuesday 12-17-13. Planning on picking up another SUV for the stable. I currently own a 2012 Toyota Highlander Limited and have never had a single problem with it. Except for a lost hitch cover.
I test drove a Jeep last week and loved it. I joined this forum expecting to hear some praise and kind words from this American made product. I have never bought an American car before and fearful to take that leap of faith.
My first question is would you buy another Jeep if you had a chance? Or just prevent all this heartache and wait for the 2014 Toyota Highlander.
xSNAPDRAGONx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-13-2013, 07:41 AM   #125
JeepGC6855
2014 WK 

I would definitely would. I bought mine in March and have had zero problems. It did go in for a recall, but what it was supposed to fix, was never a problem on my Jeep GC
JeepGC6855 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-13-2013, 10:09 AM   #126
2kg4u
2014 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xSNAPDRAGONx View Post
Planning on buying GC on Tuesday 12-17-13. Planning on picking up another SUV for the stable. I currently own a 2012 Toyota Highlander Limited and have never had a single problem with it. Except for a lost hitch cover.
I test drove a Jeep last week and loved it. I joined this forum expecting to hear some praise and kind words from this American made product. I have never bought an American car before and fearful to take that leap of faith.
My first question is would you buy another Jeep if you had a chance? Or just prevent all this heartache and wait for the 2014 Toyota Highlander.
Bought my first Jeep 4 weeks ago and I love it. A lot of the problems I've seen in the forums are related to software programming and the updates on my GC seem to have resolved these.
2kg4u is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-13-2013, 10:22 AM   #127
jacko15
2014 WK 

Bought my '14 in April, and no problems. There are probably around 100,000 '14 JGCs on the road. Forums attract the handful who are having problems, just like any other vehicle. The vast majority of owners are enjoying their Jeeps, or you would see something on the evening news. Most of the problems I've read about are software related. Think Windows Update. Many of the early bugs have been worked out already. I did purchase an extended service contract with mine. You can see the discussions about that in dedicated threads on this and other forums. I'm lovin' mine!
jacko15 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-13-2013, 10:53 AM   #128
14summithemi
2014 WK 

Quote:
Yes, had my 2014 JGC Summit 5.7l 2 weeks and it ROCKS! It's my third. You do realize the 2014 Toyota Highlander is "all new" don't you? "All-new " from an auto manufacturer does not exactly make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside...just sayin'

Quote:
I joined this forum expecting to hear some praise and kind words from this American made product. I have never bought an American car before and fearful to take that leap of faith.
My opinion is that we Jeepers are a bit fanatical, and therefore, more vocal than your usual crowd. Keep in mind that this and "the other" Jeep forums exist mainly as a result of all the crazy modding and tinkering Jeepers do. The *****in' just comes along for the ride. I suspect if the Highlander's of the world were equally tinkered with that there would be robust forums for them (I know there are some but not like these) and, naturally, *****in' would come along for that ride. And, it's not so much *****in' about problems as it is "Hey this Jeep is awesome! If you fix this "problem x" it would be perfect!" I bet the number of unique members on both Jeep forums is an incredibly small percentage of overall Jeep owners. Your "view" of the JGC will be incredibly and unfairly skewed reading through the forums.

Regarding the "Made in America". I'll keep this short and fact based. That term doesn't exist anymore no matter how much we "patriotic" types want it to. Global sourcing, Dollar vs. Yen vs. Euro fluctuations and corporate mergers and acquisitions have not made Made In America a %content/assembly location/corporate profit center equation. Your 2012 Toyota Highlander was the year they moved assembly to the US due to Dollar/Yen equation and the trend towards "assembled in US". The attached official American Automobile Labeling Act report for 2012 shows your Highlander as 70%US-Canada/24%Japan for parts content, US assembly, US/Japan for engines and Japan for trannies. The same 2012 report shows the JGC as 68%US-Canada for parts content, US assembly, US/Mexico for engines and US for trannies. US/Foreign "made"? Depends on your decision criteria. The 2014 report had no numbers for the "all-new" Highlander but it has been announced as also being "produced" at their US Indiana plant so you can assume the same parts content/assembly/sourcing as the 2012 for argument's sake. The 2014 JGC was also missing from the report. Mine is 63%US-Canada/17%Mexico for parts content, US assembly, Mexico for engines and Germany for tranny. I have attached a picture from my window sticker showing the same basic manufacturing status as the 2012 only change being that the trannies are US/Germany depending on model.

Now, go buy a JGC, they're GREAT! You had a "boring" Highlander now go get a FUN JGC
img_0714.jpg

File Type: pdf 2012_AALA_Alpha_4-10-13.pdf (58.6 KB, 20 views)
14summithemi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-13-2013, 01:10 PM   #129
xSNAPDRAGONx
2014 WK 

I should have used "American Icon".
Unread 12-13-2013, 10:36 PM   #130
14summithemi
2014 WK 

Quote:
I should have used "American Icon".
Ya, sorry, wasn't trying to go off on you for "American made". Was just trying to make the point that virtually all vehicles now are global products but I see now that you were meaning the heritage aspect.

The JGC has an awesome selection in how you can configure your vehicle. If you want more of a classic Grand Cherokee to either keep things simple or mod up and off-road get a Laredo. If you want to put a foot in both ponds (light off road, decent luxury) get the Limited. If you want a max luxo JGC (probably never off-road) get the Overland or Summit. Want to put a serious grin on your face? Get an SRT.

Whatever you do, get a JGC!
14summithemi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-17-2013, 08:26 AM   #131
ericwlod

Well we had the radio replaced and it solved the majority of the problems, the only remaining issue is that the heated seats and steering wheel turn on when the vehicle is started but not every time..the settings are set to off on startup. The dealer wants to keep the car for a week and run 18 pages of reprograms through the car. We are hesitant to do this because we can just shut the seats and steering wheel off after the car starts and the radio comes online. We want it to be right but don't want to go back to where we were..however we really love the vehicle, we live in the outskirts of Buffalo and I am sure most have heard how much snow we have gotten 3-4 feet over the last 2 weeks. This Overland GC with the Quadra drive systems is amazing in the snow!
ericwlod is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-17-2013, 12:29 PM   #132
iamoilcan

Well... my 2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited with all the bells and whistles... sets off more bells and whistles driving than it should.. randomly dash lights go on and off... tack and cruise shut down for no reason... then today... I turn it off... and walla! no power to the system... won't turn on.. no lights.. no dash.. stuck in park... UGGH! Called the dealership.. they have -0- new info. on electrical issues... solution they say is to disconnect the battery terminals ... relax and count to 100 backwards.. re-connect the battery ... and let the computer re-set to original settings... if that doesn't work.. call a tow truck.. $51,500 sticker price... yikes... JEEP! Any suggestions anyone?
iamoilcan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-17-2013, 01:14 PM   #133
onebluemcm
2014 WK 

I can appreciate your issues, kind of aggravating, but biggest news to me is $51k for a Wrangler!!!
Unread 12-17-2013, 08:01 PM   #134
xSNAPDRAGONx
2014 WK 

Just bought my Jeep Grand Cherokee limited. Any suggestions for breaking it in?
Unread 12-17-2013, 09:36 PM   #135
aquabear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericwlod View Post
Well we had the radio replaced and it solved the majority of the problems, the only remaining issue is that the heated seats and steering wheel turn on when the vehicle is started but not every time..the settings are set to off on startup. The dealer wants to keep the car for a week and run 18 pages of reprograms through the car. We are hesitant to do this because we can just shut the seats and steering wheel off after the car starts and the radio comes online. We want it to be right but don't want to go back to where we were..however we really love the vehicle, we live in the outskirts of Buffalo and I am sure most have heard how much snow we have gotten 3-4 feet over the last 2 weeks. This Overland GC with the Quadra drive systems is amazing in the snow!
My 2014 Jeep GC Summit is doing the same thing since I got the software upgrade. My Jeep is going in the shop again for a gas tank issue and again for software issue. I love the GC Summit but am tired of going to the dealership almost monthy.
I thought the mechanic did that cause the weather was getting cold so I kinda just dealt with it. It mostly only turns on during colder weather.
aquabear is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.