2014 Grand Cherokee - Electrical problems? - Page 8 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > 2014 Grand Cherokee - Electrical problems?

Rugged Ridge 8500lb Winch w/ Steel Cable $294.99 Shipped OSmittybilt Products at Oconee Off-Road!Building a Bumper?

Unread 10-05-2013, 07:52 PM   #106
baseball95
1979 CJ7 

Still not right

No doubt that other more expensive vehicles have problems, however that doesn't excuse Jeep's lack of interest/knowledge. Guess there are others who know as per the most recent recall....
Quality of service should not be dependent on purchase price.
Nice vehicle, crappy service. Chrysler and Fiat don't have the lock on it, but do have considerable history.
Hope other owners have better luck with this.

baseball95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2013, 07:43 AM   #107
MickinNY
2013 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseball95 View Post
Quality of service should not be dependent on purchase price.
Exactly.
Good luck getting your issues resolved.
MickinNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2013, 12:31 PM   #108
Kingtaken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingtaken View Post
It's 6 weeks since I bought the new 2014 GC Limited. My third third time back to the dealer today for radio/' nav issues. They told me they had to pull it last time to get the numbers.. That makes no sense. You name it the radio and nav did or didn't do it. Nav froze with picture of back up, radio on and off, screen freezing almost everyday, a scroll up of lines in both directions locking out the screen.
They replaced the radio today with only 3,000 miles. While driving back home I could not store any stations. At home the nav would bounce in and out of the nav setting to climate control, then jumping down two setting lines, the phone's blue tooth would not pair with my Iphone... They are ordering a second phone. Newest app update installed....
Obviously from all the reports going back to the beginning of this year with complaints this should be a recall item...Oh I forgot I guess there can't be a recall if Jeep does not recognize the problem and more even no one knows how to fix....
Back to the dealer for the fourth time today. They said chrysler denied them a seccond radio to replace the one they just installed last week and insisted is was an software issue so chrysler sent the dealer a software update "SPECIFIC" for my vehicle 13.31.6. Still not working. Obvius from the above comments it's not "SPEICFIC" for my vehicle..
Dealer got permission from chrysler to order the second radio.
Can someone help out there?
Also doesn't this come under the lemon law?
Kingtaken is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2013, 01:52 PM   #109
phatasswk
2014 WK 

There is a massive recall taking place now... Might want to check and see if your vehicle is affected.
Unread 10-27-2013, 05:46 AM   #110
fullmoon2day

anyone has the updates software for GC 2014. please send me the link.
fullmoon2day is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2013, 08:46 AM   #111
14summithemi
2014 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingtaken View Post
Also doesn't this come under the lemon law?
The NY new vehicle lemon law for new cars is here...looks like 4 strikes and they are OUT or 30 days down time.....

http://www.ag.ny.gov/sites/default/f...n_Law_2011.pdf

I picked NY based on your profile. Did you buy it in NY? If not, I wonder which state's lemon law applies...hmmm

Just read my own link and pg 1 paragraph 2 says NY law applies assuming you either bought it there or it is registered there.
14summithemi is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2013, 02:20 PM   #112
jacko15
2014 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullmoon2day View Post
anyone has the updates software for GC 2014. please send me the link.
Uconnect updates: https://rsur.extra.chrysler.com/rsur/Uconnect.do

Other updates, and the Uconnect, are available at your dealer. Here's what's available:
http://www.wk2jeeps.com/wk2_tsb.htm
jacko15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2013, 05:21 PM   #113
lakeglenville

Had my updates for the radio issue on friday. On Saturday, Radio still shut off and did what i call the reboot scenario.
lakeglenville is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-31-2013, 06:54 AM   #114
Carpecervisia
2014 WK 

My '14 Limited just had the UConnect go haywire. Yesterday I started it up and the whole radio system had reverted to factory default channels and the Satelite radio wouldn't come on at all. In addition, the phone blue tooth link no longer works and the VR hands free system is non functional. I tried resetting some of the FM presets but they all were gone when I restarted the car in the evening.

Most annoying is that the damned Speed Limit Warning in the Nav system has been turned on even though the option is unchecked in the settings screen. So every couple of blocks the Nav loudly announces the speed limit for that stretch of road.

This morning all of the presets were gone again and all of the other issues continue... However, while I was driving I noticed, out of the corner of my eye, a large red error message on the screen. I barely got a look at it before it went away but I think it said something like: phone error, call the dealer...

So, looks like my JGC has become infested with gremlins as well. I'm going to try to get it to the dealer this Friday or Saturday and I'll let you know the results. At the very least one more complaint will be added to the pile at Chrysler Corporate HQ and it will hopefully help spur them to action...
Carpecervisia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-31-2013, 07:11 AM   #115
Dave2002ti
2012 WK 

What do Expect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpecervisia View Post
My '14 Limited just had the UConnect go haywire. Yesterday I started it up and the whole radio system had reverted to factory default channels and the Satelite radio wouldn't come on at all. In addition, the phone blue tooth link no longer works and the VR hands free system is non functional. I tried resetting some of the FM presets but they all were gone when I restarted the car in the evening.

Most annoying is that the damned Speed Limit Warning in the Nav system has been turned on even though the option is unchecked in the settings screen. So every couple of blocks the Nav loudly announces the speed limit for that stretch of road.

This morning all of the presets were gone again and all of the other issues continue... However, while I was driving I noticed, out of the corner of my eye, a large red error message on the screen. I barely got a look at it before it went away but I think it said something like: phone error, call the dealer...

So, looks like my JGC has become infested with gremlins as well. I'm going to try to get it to the dealer this Friday or Saturday and I'll let you know the results. At the very least one more complaint will be added to the pile at Chrysler Corporate HQ and it will hopefully help spur them to action...
Only one thing worse than getting your electronics etc from the Lucas "The Prince of Darkness is sourcing them from Fiat and Magnetti Marelli!
Dave2002ti is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-31-2013, 07:31 AM   #116
loveracing1988

Quote:

At least the message popped up to take it to the dealer, they should have something to go on at least.
loveracing1988 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-03-2013, 07:42 AM   #117
Carpecervisia
2014 WK 

Quote:

The dealer re-flashed everything and now it is all back to normal. I'm happy that it works. However it disturbs me that dealer had no explanation for, or even attempted to find, whatever caused the issue in the first place. I have no confidence that it won't happen again.

I also asked about the recall for the dead dashboard, that's coming out this month, and he had no idea what I was talking about.
Carpecervisia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2013, 12:39 PM   #118
ericwlod

Screen lock up/reboot -08-049-13 rev e

We just bought our brand new 14 GC Overland (last week 11/19) with the Uconnect 8.4AN AM/FM/BT/access/Nav and the display is locking up or rebooting (car build date Mid june 2014). Sometimes the HVAC stays on with the heat seats, heat and steering wheel on high.. very disturbing and dangerous because its HOT! The dealer performed the 08-049-13 Rev E, it lasted 2 days and went back to the same old issues. The dealer tells me another reprogram is coming late 2014, has anyone heard of this new reprogram commitment? 5 revisions (E) and still not correct so I am concerned. My car is displaying many of the same issues others are as well as what is stated in the bulletin.
ericwlod is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2013, 10:11 AM   #119
TurboRush

Can you further describe under what scenarios the HVAC stays on with heated seats and steering wheel? What started happening again after 2 days? The screen locking up or rebooting?

I ask because the update they applied is 13.38 for the uConnect which should have helped with the lockup and restarts. It doesn't mention anything about climate control changes other than making the heated/cooled seat buttons work consistently on the start up screen.

If you have the auto-comfort feature enabled it will automatically turn on the heated seat and heated steering wheel when it is 39 degrees or below. When doing an auto start the fan will blow full speed (and turn out heated seats and wheel), when you enter the car it should return to the temp you left the vehicle at when you exited (I assume you are using auto instead of manually setting hvac). If it doesn't there is a TSB to update the way auto-start handle hvac functions: http://wk2jeeps.com/tsb/tsb_wk2_2400213.pdf
TurboRush is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2013, 12:06 PM   #120
ericwlod

The Uconnect system/radio/HVAC screen will reboot while driving or lock up, if you have the HVAC system, heated seats or steering wheel heat on they will remain on because the screen is either locked up or rebooting, neither of which will default to HVAC, seats or steering wheel off. You would need to shut the car down and wait for the power settings to turn everything off, (a minute or two). If the system reboots it usually will not respond to turn the seats, steering wheel or heating off.

We do not have the default settings set to "on" to turn on the seats and steering wheel on cold startup. And yet sometimes on start up they come on automatically anyways. This requires us to shut them off, and then reset the memory position for heat off, steering wheel off, heated seats off.
ericwlod is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.