2014 Grand Cherokee - Electrical problems? - Page 7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > 2014 Grand Cherokee - Electrical problems?

Labor Day Sale!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 09-03-2013, 12:41 PM   #91
TurboRush

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSingh View Post
Anybody else have issues with favorites not being saved on SXM radio? Luckily, I have not had any of the problems that many of you have listed in this thread, but found it odd that this was the only issue I'm having. It came with the 13.19 update when I purchased it - only have about 700 miles on it, hasn't been back to the dealership. 2014 4X4 Limited
Just something to think about... I thought I had lost my XM favorites after my GF had driven the truck, it occurred to me that the favorites may be tied to the memory setting, hit memory setting #1 for my seat position and the favorites came back.

TurboRush is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2013, 09:37 AM   #92
jbecker2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by picflight View Post
My wife too, but it is all stations and static is ALL I hear.

Bought my GC Limited in July and I have been having the same problem with static on all stations (as well as on SXM and BT settings). The static is sometimes intermittent, but sometimes lasts for an hour or more. It is VERY loud and hard to ignore. It seems to be coming from only the rear passenger speaker.

It's been in for servicing twice and they can't replicate. The radio was replaced a week ago and the new software update done - and the static started again this morning. It sounds like they haven't figured out a real fix for this... I was hopeful that the new radio would help, but seems like it hasn't.

So frustrating... I love my Jeep, but I dread getting in it not knowing if that horrible static sound will be there or not.

JeepCares - any help you can offer?
jbecker2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2013, 10:48 AM   #93
jacko15
2014 WK 

New JGC RA4 radios coming off the line now have software version 13.31.6. This version is supposed to correct the static problem, among other fixes. It should be available at dealers in the next few weeks.
jacko15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2013, 11:08 AM   #94
gabbagabba
2014 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by phatasswk View Post
I'm driving a rental again this week... I want my Raptor that I traded-in back in my garage- this sucks.

Same nonsense, cladding falling off over the wheel arches again, plus some backordered parts came in. The radio issues continue... Late last week, my radio tuned itself to 570AM (static) at 'Volume 38' (deafening), A/C blowing at full bore- couldn't control the radio, couldn't adjust the temp.

When I thought this thing couldn't get any worse, it now randomly brakes again, bringing the vehicle to a FULL STOP when no one else is on the road, dashboard flashing 'BRAKE!' over and over again and beeping.

This thing is a buggy death trap, and I'm ready to be rid of it, because it's not going to be right at any point in the near future.
That really sux. I do not envy you at all. I respectfully request you consider editing your sig line and it is fairly broad and probably insulting to those at Jeep who do their jobs well. I'm sure most on the UAW line are not lazy or pot smokers

best of luck
gabbagabba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2013, 12:27 PM   #95
JeepCares

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSingh View Post
Anybody else have issues with favorites not being saved on SXM radio? Luckily, I have not had any of the problems that many of you have listed in this thread, but found it odd that this was the only issue I'm having. It came with the 13.19 update when I purchased it - only have about 700 miles on it, hasn't been back to the dealership. 2014 4X4 Limited
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboRush View Post
Just something to think about... I thought I had lost my XM favorites after my GF had driven the truck, it occurred to me that the favorites may be tied to the memory setting, hit memory setting #1 for my seat position and the favorites came back.
Listed below is what should have been fixed in the latest update:

SERVICE BULLETIN NUMBER: 08-049-13 REV. C
GROUP: Electrical
DATE: August 14, 2013

The radio will be updated to 13.19.00.

SUBJECT:
RA3 And RA4 Radio Enhancements
OVERVIEW:
This bulletin involves upgrading the software on the RA3 or RA4 Radio.
MODELS:
2014 (WK) Grand Cherokee
NOTE: This bulletin applies to vehicles built on or before June 15, 2013 (MDH
0615XX) equipped with Uconnect 8.4A AM/FM/BT/ACCESS (sales code RA3)
or Uconnect 8.4AN AM/FM/BT/ACCESS/NAV (sales code RA4).

SYMPTOM/CONDITION:
A customer may experience, one or more of the following conditions.
Radio reset, screen lockup, blank screen or sluggish system response time.
Loss of vehicle position on NAV map.
Compass indicator turns off.
Erratic changes to vehicle icon on NAV map.
Touch screen shut down message.
Radio surround sound will not stay ON.
Driver memory feature causes Sirius XM failure.
Loss of radio presets.
Battery drain - due to radio remains on.
Uconnect apps don't load.
AM/FM popping noises and/or static.
Backup camera display is blank.
Compass direction maybe incorrect.
Vehicles Icon changes on the navigation map.
JeepCares is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2013, 02:31 PM   #96
Kingtaken

2014 GC Limited - Radio & Nav BIG BIG issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisstarmont View Post
My 2014 Summit has had to have a new radio put in after 1200 miles. The bigger issue is the dealer can't get the radio and has had it for a week now! I traded my 2011 GC in on a 2014 and wish I had not. Why is Jeep selling product they can't back up?
It's 6 weeks since I bought the new 2014 GC Limited. My third third time back to the dealer today for radio/' nav issues. They told me they had to pull it last time to get the numbers.. That makes no sense. You name it the radio and nav did or didn't do it. Nav froze with picture of back up, radio on and off, screen freezing almost everyday, a scroll up of lines in both directions locking out the screen.
They replaced the radio today with only 3,000 miles. While driving back home I could not store any stations. At home the nav would bounce in and out of the nav setting to climate control, then jumping down two setting lines, the phone's blue tooth would not pair with my Iphone... They are ordering a second phone. Newest app update installed....
Obviously from all the reports going back to the beginning of this year with complaints this should be a recall item...Oh I forgot I guess there can't be a recall if Jeep does not recognize the problem and more even no one knows how to fix....
Kingtaken is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2013, 02:41 PM   #97
Kingtaken

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepCares View Post
Listed below is what should have been fixed in the latest update:

SERVICE BULLETIN NUMBER: 08-049-13 REV. C
GROUP: Electrical
DATE: August 14, 2013

The radio will be updated to 13.19.00.

SUBJECT:
RA3 And RA4 Radio Enhancements
OVERVIEW:
This bulletin involves upgrading the software on the RA3 or RA4 Radio.
MODELS:
2014 (WK) Grand Cherokee
NOTE: This bulletin applies to vehicles built on or before June 15, 2013 (MDH
0615XX) equipped with Uconnect 8.4A AM/FM/BT/ACCESS (sales code RA3)
or Uconnect 8.4AN AM/FM/BT/ACCESS/NAV (sales code RA4).

SYMPTOM/CONDITION:
A customer may experience, one or more of the following conditions.
Radio reset, screen lockup, blank screen or sluggish system response time.
Loss of vehicle position on NAV map.
Compass indicator turns off.
Erratic changes to vehicle icon on NAV map.
Touch screen shut down message.
Radio surround sound will not stay ON.
Driver memory feature causes Sirius XM failure.
Loss of radio presets.
Battery drain - due to radio remains on.
Uconnect apps don't load.
AM/FM popping noises and/or static.
Backup camera display is blank.
Compass direction maybe incorrect.
Vehicles Icon changes on the navigation map.

I was getting most issues listed above. I have version 13.29.8 and have more problems now with a new radio installed then I have with the original radio.
Kingtaken is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2013, 08:58 AM   #98
falcon2014

My 2014 GC Summit (built in August 2014) has problems with the Uconnect media. When a SD card in inserted, it will display and pay the songs on the SD card. Then when the car is restarted, the number of songs is doubled i.e from 1,000 to 2,000 and when viewing a list of the songs, each song is listed twice.

Then when the vehicles is restarted, it will ask to have the SD card inserted...but it was never removed.

The thumbdrive inserted in the USB dock will work sometimes and not recognized at other times.

Any ideas?

This is not making me happy after spending this much for a car with something as basic as an audio system doesn't work.
falcon2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2013, 09:21 AM   #99
WhiteOut
Web Wheeler

1998 ZJ 

Try waiting until the Jeep is turned on before inserting the SD card, remove it prior to turning the car off.
WhiteOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2013, 09:28 AM   #100
Dave2002ti
2012 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcon2014 View Post

This is not making me happy after spending this much for a car with something as basic as an audio system doesn't work.
Audio systems in car arent basic anymore. Basic was AF/FM and a cassette or 8 track. Today you have XM, SD cards and they also act as displays for Nav, HVAC etc. Basic is long gone. Your 2014 GC maybe part of the recall.

Don't worry its only going to get worse with software problems. A Tesla S recently burnt to the ground. Cant wait until we get cars that drive themselves and these cars end of colliding because of software issues.

Thats also why in home audio systems LPs and Tubes still sound the best. Simple Lin Sondek turntable, a LP, a tube premap and power amp and some Maggie IIIs.
Dave2002ti is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2013, 11:59 AM   #101
baseball95
1979 CJ7 

Poor dealer service

I continue to have many electrical glitches, such as all warning lights come on, navigation system failure, backup camera randomly operates, 9-1-1 dials itself, steering wheel controls don't operate radio, etc., with my 2014 Overland, Hemi, Black w Indigo.
The most frustrating thing is the attitudes of the THREE dealerships I have contacted. All of service advisers state they have never heard of these issues, yet I find plenty of others (on-line) who have experienced similar problems.
The software update and radio enhancement did nothing to help.
Chrysler Customer Care was absolutely no help.
Outside of the ongoing electrical issues, I really like the vehicle, although I wish the hemi sounded more like it does in my 2011 Ram.
Will definitely not keep this vehicle beyond the warranty period.
$48,000 should buy better service.
baseball95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2013, 12:12 PM   #102
Dave2002ti
2012 WK 

Could have Been Worse

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseball95 View Post
I have friends and family members who have spent over a $100K for Porsches, BMWs, Mercedes, and Audis and they all have experienced similar service from their dealers.
Dave2002ti is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2013, 12:59 PM   #103
WhiteOut
Web Wheeler

1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseball95 View Post
All of service advisers state they have never heard of these issues, yet I find plenty of others (on-line) who have experienced similar problems.

Despite what most people believe, service advisors don't troll the internet looking for problems that relate to each vehicle than may come through their doors. It's 100% un-realiatic to even expect them too. If they haven't seen it personally during their work or there is no communication from Chrysler about those issues, they might not know about it.

And Dave is right, $48,000 is not a whole lot of money to spend on a car these days and Jeep is nowhere near to being a luxury brand. People buy a GC and expect the same treatment that someone with an AMG BS would get.
WhiteOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2013, 01:11 PM   #104
loveracing1988

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteOut View Post

Despite what most people believe, service advisors don't troll the internet looking for problems that relate to each vehicle than may come through their doors. It's 100% un-realiatic to even expect them too. If they haven't seen it personally during their work or there is no communication from Chrysler about those issues, they might not know about it.

And Dave is right, $48,000 is not a whole lot of money to spend on a car these days and Jeep is nowhere near to being a luxury brand. People buy a GC and expect the same treatment that someone with an AMG BS would get.
It's more no matter what if you buy a new vehicle no matter what you should have your issues fixed, I don't expect re carpet treatment, I just expect my vehicles to be fixed. From my experience Jeep is miles ahead of Ford though.
loveracing1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2013, 03:51 PM   #105
falcon2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteOut View Post
Try waiting until the Jeep is turned on before inserting the SD card, remove it prior to turning the car off.
Tried that just a little bit ago, and that didn't work.

It doesn't recognize anything through the "media" source; no iPod, no thumbdrive, no SD card, no bluetooth Droid music. All the other sources (Sirius, Fm Am, Nav) all work fine.

Pretty disappointing for something that has 450 miles on it and cost $55K.
falcon2014 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.