2014 Grand Cherokee - Electrical problems? - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > 2014 Grand Cherokee - Electrical problems?

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 08-26-2013, 09:42 AM   #76
blkvette94

Recommendations-- file the lemon law paperwork with your state. Florida was very easy and surprisingly got Jeep up off their duffs rather quickly.

I am currently in negotiations with the Chrysler corps. Impartial services group. It is a slow and painful process, and I am about to give up my good faith try to resolve this.
They asked about a new vehicle-but wouldn't take my deal.. My deal being I wanted what I had with a different VIN that would work as advertised for the first 6months 6K miles with no dealer trips!!! lol

Save every receipt. I didn't save my first ones and they won't comp me for it (who knew I would get a lemon). This was for things like scotch guard (a very common purchase) and a toll tag (even though I have proof it was on the jeep and used). Luckily I save my receipts to verify against my credit card and this all happened in the first month (correction first 12 days of ownership).

They also won't comp for the drives to the dealership to pick up the Jeep. Even though each of my three trips resulted in me never leaving the lot because it wasn't fixed..

There are other things involved, but I won't go into them here since every state is different. However if you are from Florida, PM me and I'll pass on what I have learned and give references

blkvette94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2013, 03:15 PM   #77
petersara

After my 2014 was towed 3 times for total engine and elecrtical meltdown (software upgrade didint work )they discovererd a wiring harness had been stripped when pulled through some metal work when being built , They replaced the wiring and ive no issues since , It was a expensive fix for them. ,Its just luck that it didint all happen on the freeway with fatal consequences ,
Good luck
petersara is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2013, 07:29 PM   #78
Tseg
2014 WK 

So how long might I own my 2014 GC before I can feel comfortable I do not have electrical problems? It sounds like not all people with electrical issues experience them straight off the lot, but it seems they become evident within 1-2 months. No?
Tseg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2013, 09:02 PM   #79
Harrell15

I had a problem with my 2014 Limited car alarm going off on its own. Brought it in the first time and "the problem wouldn't reproduce itself," so they did nothing. Brought it in a week later and they updated the software. It lasted 3 days, then started again. Brought it in a third time, and they claimed the hood latch assembly was broken and needed to be replaced. So far I've had it 2 weeks with no issues. But after reading this thread, I'm thinking that unfortunately these issues won't be my last...
Harrell15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2013, 11:10 PM   #80
RB145
2014 WK 

I have had my 2014 Overland for 6 months and 6K miles with no real problems to speak of. I did have the uconnect 13.19 update done and it has made the system quicker. Mine was an early build at the end of Feb so they don't all have these issues.
RB145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-2013, 08:02 AM   #81
jacko15
2014 WK 

Mine was built April 6th, I took delivery April 13th, have just about 3,000 miles. Updated radio software, and waiting for some other software updates to improve functionality of the climate control system. I've had zero driveability issues, and I'm very happy with the fit and finish. I've quit waiting for the shoe to drop. Every vehicle on the road eventually needs some kind of repair sometime. I've traveled on and off road, up and down the interstates, and out of the country. I thoroughly enjoy and trust my Jeep.
jacko15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-2013, 08:07 AM   #82
gabbagabba
2014 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacko15 View Post
Mine was built April 6th, I took delivery April 13th, have just about 3,000 miles. Updated radio software, and waiting for some other software updates to improve functionality of the climate control system. I've had zero driveability issues, and I'm very happy with the fit and finish. I've quit waiting for the shoe to drop. Every vehicle on the road eventually needs some kind of repair sometime. I've traveled on and off road, up and down the interstates, and out of the country. I thoroughly enjoy and trust my Jeep.
ditto, except I have not even bothered with any updates. going off roading again this wkd after I get my 32's on there tomorrow

I bought the max care whihc I would rec for any vehicle really, but good POM
gabbagabba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-2013, 01:13 PM   #83
FireRunt
2014 WK 

Update for which car? I have the 2014 GC Limites with 8.4N and I was on the latest software version. The web doesn't say anything about an update for my car....
FireRunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-2013, 05:15 PM   #84
RB145
2014 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by phatasswk View Post
New software update as of this morning that was released by Chrysler YESTERDAY...

I have a 500-something mile drive to Detroit today (half tempted to drop this damn thing on the factory's front lawn if this update doesn't work), so we'll see if all the lock-ups and computer/dash blackouts cease...
Do you really think your computer lock-ups have anything to do with the assembly process? I think you should really rethink you comments. By the way they have no front lawn for you to drop it on.
RB145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-2013, 06:05 PM   #85
jacko15
2014 WK 

Here's a list of the latest updates:
http://www.wk2jeeps.com/wk2_tsb.htm#NEW
jacko15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2013, 09:03 AM   #86
blkvette94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tseg View Post
So how long might I own my 2014 GC before I can feel comfortable I do not have electrical problems? It sounds like not all people with electrical issues experience them straight off the lot, but it seems they become evident within 1-2 months. No?
I'm making an assumption here--- but most of the electrical problems seem to exist in the fully loaded overlands and summits. And most of us experiencing the problems found them in the first couple of weeks.
blkvette94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2013, 07:11 PM   #87
Tseg
2014 WK 

No Problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkvette94 View Post
I'm making an assumption here--- but most of the electrical problems seem to exist in the fully loaded overlands and summits. And most of us experiencing the problems found them in the first couple of weeks.
Thank you. That is my impression as well based not only on these forums, but others as well. I am trying to assess whether there may be a series of actions that "unlock" electrical problems, perhaps well down the road of ownership. Not sure I see that, but interesting that some problems are not noticed until 2-3 weeks in, while others see issues within the 1st day or two.

Based on comments read, it sounds like if you can make it 30 - 45 days in without any electrical problems you can probably take a sigh of relief.

So loaded high end models are most at risk of electrical problems while V6 transmissions are at risk of transmission gremlins. Sounds like a Laredo or Limited w/ Hemi may be the sweet spot for risk avoidance.

... Just a theory.
Tseg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2013, 08:29 PM   #88
jeep0416

Hi everyone......we just purchased a new GC 4x2 two days ago. It is a limiters with NAV and has the 3.6 liter engine.

Question: Has anyone experienced a high pitched noise when the engine is at idle and at operating temp? The noise resembles a ringing in the ears sound, or a constant high pitched tone similar to that administered during a hearing test.

I turned everything off except the engine and isolated it to when the car is running, and then it ceases the minute you turn off the engine.

This is the first Jeep weave ever purchased. I would appreciate any responses is you have experienced something similar, or know of this issue.

Our Jeep is a 2014, and was built in August.

Thanks, John.

(sorry about the spelling .....I accidentally hit send before I read through it again
jeep0416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2013, 08:35 PM   #89
loveracing1988

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeep0416 View Post
Hi everyone......we just purchased a new GC 4x2 two days ago. It is a limiters with NAV and has the 3.6 liter engine.

Question: Has anyone experienced a high pitched noise when the engine is at idle and at operating temp? The noise resembles a ringing in the ears sound, or a constant high pitched tone similar to that administered during a hearing test.

I turned everything off except the engine and isolated it to when the car is running, and then it ceases the minute you turn off the engine.

This is the first Jeep weave ever purchased. I would appreciate any responses is you have experienced something similar, or know of this issue.

Our Jeep is a 2014, and was built in August.

Thanks, John
Ours had a squeeling or squeeking at idle which turned out to be the water pump.
loveracing1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-02-2013, 08:02 PM   #90
TSingh
2014 WK 

Anybody else have issues with favorites not being saved on SXM radio? Luckily, I have not had any of the problems that many of you have listed in this thread, but found it odd that this was the only issue I'm having. It came with the 13.19 update when I purchased it - only have about 700 miles on it, hasn't been back to the dealership. 2014 4X4 Limited
TSingh is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.