2014 Grand Cherokee - Electrical problems? - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > 2014 Grand Cherokee - Electrical problems?

Bds fox ipf 2.0 racing series shocks now available at rockYukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon ZipANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete

Unread 08-03-2013, 03:27 PM   #61
loveracing1988

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remusny View Post
Anyone have good news about dealer fixes? Does software fix change things like the Eco button being automatically set on ECO every time you start the car? I read that regular mode shifts a lot nicer.
Don't let everyone else influence what you think. Eco mode has its quirks, but it works fine for everyday driving. They are never going to change it.

loveracing1988 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-03-2013, 04:00 PM   #62
StaticFX

No but! There is a brand new tsb for the 3.6L that is supposed to fix the shifting.
StaticFX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-03-2013, 04:59 PM   #63
kloubik
2014 WK 

So my dashboard went completely dead today. No LCD, no fuel, rpm or temperature readings.

I stopped the car and tried to start again but it didn't help. Tried a few more times...still no display. Finally I let it sit for a while and than turned on the ignition without starting the car.... This cured it.

To address the previous post about ECO being fine for every day driving. I don't think it is fine staying in 8th gear doing 40 mph uphill with engine almost stalling and it won't don't shift unless you really really step on it. I cannot imagine constant under revving being ok for the engine.

My first brand new car in my life... I have to say I was expecting a different experience....
kloubik is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-03-2013, 06:41 PM   #64
loveracing1988

Quote:
Originally Posted by kloubik View Post
So my dashboard went completely dead today. No LCD, no fuel, rpm or temperature readings.

I stopped the car and tried to start again but it didn't help. Tried a few more times...still no display. Finally I let it sit for a while and than turned on the ignition without starting the car.... This cured it.

To address the previous post about ECO being fine for every day driving. I don't think it is fine staying in 8th gear doing 40 mph uphill with engine almost stalling and it won't don't shift unless you really really step on it. I cannot imagine constant under revving being ok for the engine.

My first brand new car in my life... I have to say I was expecting a different experience....
If it isn't good on the engine why would they design it that way? If it will maintain the speed you ask it to it will stay in the highest gear possible to get it done, if it can't maintain that speed, it will downshift into the gear it needs to.
Unread 08-03-2013, 07:38 PM   #65
kloubik
2014 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveracing1988 View Post
If it isn't good on the engine why would they design it that way?
simple answer: mpg; everything is driven by that nowadays. To save 0.1 mpg they would happily sacrifice fun factor, engine longevity etc. They removed the rear flipper glass to save probably 0.01 mpg. Under revving with high engine load, i.e. going uphill when the rpms are so low that the engine struggles puts way more stress on all mechanical parts. And this is what ECO mode does and I think it is wrong.

If you like how the ECO drives I have no problem with that but I think most people here will not agree with you on ECO mode.
kloubik is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-04-2013, 07:28 PM   #66
BobsWK2
2014 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kloubik View Post
simple answer: mpg; everything is driven by that nowadays. To save 0.1 mpg they would happily sacrifice fun factor, engine longevity etc. They removed the rear flipper glass to save probably 0.01 mpg.
They will tell you they deleted the rear flipper glass for better rear visibility.
BUT the real reason was to save money. Time to replace Marchionni since he's fallen into believing the bean counters who dream up this stuff.
Unread 08-11-2013, 08:15 AM   #67
loveracing1988

Quote:
Originally Posted by phatasswk View Post
Since making my original post, the WK2 Summit has gone back to the dealer twice- it is currently there, and I am stuck at home WITHOUT a rental car because of it! I stopped off at the dealer last night in my wife's (new and very much perfectly running '13 Town & Country) van to check the progress on my vehicle. I took it for a spin since it was parked outside... The dash wouldn't lock up, at least not on the test drive, so that COULD be fixed with the firmware update they applied- too soon to tell. The remote app still gives me error messages when I try to start, so who the hell knows what that's about. A lot of parts ordered, not installed, don't know why yet.

Other new issues that have arisen since my original post last week:

- DS headlight fills with condensation, then standing water

- DS front door upper tweeter surround is black, PS F
front door upper tweeter is painted (satin bronzy color)

- Constant blind spot detection errors

- Dashboard has blacked out

- Radio has rebooted on its own several times over

- Wheel arch trim has peeled off even more- don't know why in the hell this still hasn't been addressed

At the root of it, WTF?! I made my first payment on this lemon two days ago- the dealer has had it more than I have! Meanwhile, I was driving a POS Chrysler Sebring as a rental, except now, because I have absolute jack squat to drive and am essentially confined to my home any time my wife isn't here.

I drive 6-8k miles per month... Now because I got swindled or coerced into buying this lemon, I can't do my job!

Class action lawsuit is right! Whoever is going down that road, let me know- I'm in!
If you are having all of these issues and they cannot fix it look up lemon laws and go that route, a class action lawsuit will get you nothing.
Unread 08-12-2013, 12:58 PM   #68
blkvette94

I would drop the lemon law paper work on them. I did and they got off their duffs and are buying mine back. We are in the first stages of lemon law negotiations as mine sits in the dealers lot broken for 46 days now.. So I'll keep ya posted. Just darn glad we decided to not trade in the Escape too quickly.

And a class action suit will get us somewhere.. all we need to do is file it in three states and then social media will pick up on it. That's the great thing about this computer stuff all you have to do is fling something. If it's legit it will stick and everyone wants to join in the bandwagon. WE can pull the lawsuit at any time, but once it gets picked up by the AP/twitter/facebook/Yahoo/MSNBC/FOX we won't get any run around with regards to getting what's right and cases resolved.

If we have enough legitimate complaints JEEP will do what they can to avoid the media nightmare and keep it out of the courts. They already have some bad mojo going on...(did I already see one recall notice?)
blkvette94 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-12-2013, 04:01 PM   #69
WhiteOut
Web Wheeler

1998 ZJ 

You guys realize once you mention the word lawyer at the dealer, they won't talk to you in person at all and there is a very good chance you'll be asked not to come on the property right? Any and all communication would be going through legal at that point. You'll also probably lose ANY goodwill the dealer was going to extend, everything will be by the letter of the law and your purchase contract.
WhiteOut is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-12-2013, 04:14 PM   #70
WhiteOut
Web Wheeler

1998 ZJ 

You also need to ammend your signature to include "delivery accepted with inadequate inspection". Aside from the electrical stuff, the inspection you should do on pick-up would have caught pretty much all of those.

I picked up my truck at night and they had no issue putting it in the detail bay for me to look over when I got there since it was dark out.
Unread 08-12-2013, 04:22 PM   #71
WhiteOut
Web Wheeler

1998 ZJ 

So if you ordered a black one and they brought you a red one, you'd just say "Oh well, it arrived like this."?
Unread 08-12-2013, 08:14 PM   #72
gabbagabba
2014 WK 

phatassak-

while you deserve to be frustrated or even angry, carrying on the way you are will likely get you nowhere and you are giving off the vibe of the impossible to please customer. Although that is likely not the case, you are likely becoming counter productive with your rantish posts and sig line and mult cross postings. If I was a mod I would give you a warning then shut you down. 0.02. This is coming from someone else who has electrical issues with their 2014 and a body molding popped off the other day after brushing against my leg. I stuck it back on. my nav locks up 1-2/month. If your GC is driveable go pick it up, stop renting a car and wait till Jeep figures out a solution. That is what I'm doing. IN the meantime I'm enjoying my WK2
gabbagabba is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-13-2013, 09:48 AM   #73
JeepCares

phatasswk-

Did you order this Grand Cherokee, or did you buy it off the dealer lot? How many miles were on it when you purchased it?
Unread 08-24-2013, 09:58 PM   #74
Lizzie17

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkvette94 View Post
I gave up. put a lawyer on retainer and filed the lemon law paperwork Monday. They knowingly sent out broken cars to the dealers. I'm not talking about a few scratches. I mean really broken stuff. Collision warnings systems inop, nav that takes me miles out into the water, park sense systems in op.. The list goes on for all of us.
With all the issues I can't recommend anyone do any software updates themselves. Make the dealers do their job.. It's what you paid for! plus that way when the problems still exist you can't be blamed for them.

I really think it's time for a class action lawsuit.

Any body else in?
I bought a 2014 Summit in June only to be plagued by problems. It was blowing blue oil smoke form the first few days we got it. When we brought it back to the dealer they told me it was normal. When I finally got a recording of it they finally took me seriously. They opened the engine up against the wishes of the engineers at Chrysler to find oil in the upper intake manifold as well as many other places. I was without the car for over two weeks until the dealership agreed to put us in a new Summit. I now have the new car only to have it start blowing blue smoke as well. I am also having static on my FM radio, my blind spot detectors are not working, and now my XM radio is frozen. I cannot get it to change channels or play music. I am so done with this $54,000.00 piece of crap. Does anyone have any suggestions? I am at such a loss!!!!
Lizzie17 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-25-2013, 01:35 PM   #75
Kamauxx

Hey everyone, I'm having some issues with my 2014 Limited, as some of you.

My screen recently froze and I couldn't change channels. My wife called me panicking last week cause she couldn't get the car to go off...I ignored it until the same thing happened to me last night. I'm constantly getting warnings that my parking break is engaged (its not). This is just some of the more recent issues I've had.

My question though is what will the dealer be able to do about it? I ask this because I've pretty much ignored these issues for over 3k miles. I don't know if they will try to somehow blame me?

At any rate, I'm having my wife take the car to the dealership tomorrow while I'm at work. Is there even a fix available for these electrical problems?
Kamauxx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.