i would take that bet!!
go back and look at my post. These are known issues. there is a software update to fix many of these - but in a number of cases the software is not fixing it and anew radio is required. I am one of these people (radio finally on order)
for those of you with 13.05 - i'll bet you will need a new radio no matter what lol..
im going to start a new thread with this info too
You need to update to 13.19.0
you can find this out there on the net (or ask the dealer for it) and you CAN do this on your own.
then after you update.. wait a few days... then unhook the battery (negative) for 20-30 minutes (to reset) <Jeep will want you to do this also.. so might as well do it yourself. Battery is under the passenger seat
if you still have issues, you can now tell them you have done everything and its time to order a new radio.
any radio built before 6/15/2013 can have these issues. Many times the update will fix it.. but many times it wont.
I just went through a week of back and forth with my dealer, finally have a new radio on order.
DATE: June 29, 2013
This bulletin involves upgrading the software on the RA3 or RA4 Radio.
2013 (DS) 1500 Ram Pickup
2014 (WK) Grand Cherokee
NOTE: This bulletin applies to vehicles built on or before June 15, 2013 (MDH
0615XX) equipped with SMART TOUCH 3 AM/FM/SAT/BT/VOICE (sales code
RA3) or SMART TOUCH 4 AM/FM/SAT/BT/NAV/VOICE (sales code RA4).
A customer may experience, one or more of the following conditions.
· Radio reset, screen lockup, blank screen or sluggish system response time.
· Loss of vehicle position on NAV map.
· Compass indicator turns off.
· Erratic changes to vehicle icon on NAV map.
· Touch screen shut down message.
· Radio surround sound will not stay ON.
· Driver memory feature causes Sirius XM failure.
· Loss of radio presets.
· Battery drain - due to radio remains on.
· Uconnect apps don't load.
· AM/FM popping noises and/or static.
· Backup camera display is blank.
also... if you get the 911 error "Vehicle Phone requires service" you have a bad Sierra Wireless card.. you will need a new radio (do the above just to save yourself time - the dealer will do the same thing first)