2014 Grand Cherokee - Electrical problems? - Page 12 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > 2014 Grand Cherokee - Electrical problems?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineNEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%

Unread 01-17-2014, 07:21 PM   #166
TurboRush

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14summithemi View Post
Awesome! I was wondering why there was no checkbox on this screen for such a common sense feature. Afterall, the top of the page does say it is for seat and steering wheel yet there is only a checkbox for the wheel. My butt is simply never cold PLUS I make frequent stops as a Realtor and once it's warm I hate having to keep turning if off every friggin' time I restart the car when below 40...YA!!!
I might not be completely understanding but I think the auto comfort is all or nothing, aka seat and steering or nothing. Either way, I think you want that tsb performed.

TurboRush is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-17-2014, 08:03 PM   #167
14summithemi
2014 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboRush View Post
I might not be completely understanding but I think the auto comfort is all or nothing, aka seat and steering or nothing. Either way, I think you want that tsb performed.
Gotcha and I will but I agree it is confusing. All or nothing (with the caveat that it only works <=40) is fine with me but the way the menu is in my picture implies that they were intended to be separable which in reality makes more sense, at least to me. My butt is never in need of heat but my hands welcome it very much. I bet most women want both and guys might be a mix.

If it was meant to be all or nothing then why only list the wheel as a checkbox? All or nothing should look like this menu (in my pic from previous post) and only the title having a checkbox (seat and wheel),,,,,whatever, I'll add this TSB to my list (Sirius antenna TSB, backup camera blue screen, blower motor squeal on highest setting, moisture in headlights wont evap, harmonic in steering column)...

This brings up one more point. This Auto Comfort TSB has a stated cutoff date of vehicles mfrd on or before 8/24/13. Mine was mfrd 11/6 so I shouldn't need it, but I do. Also, the Rev E Software update to get you to 13.39.51 had a 11/1/13 cutoff date so I shouldn't have need it, but I did as I had 13.33.7. I am now current with Rev G (13.48.03) and it's date cut was 11/18/13 so that was ok.

My point is that this proves the date cutoffs are not to be believed.
14summithemi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-17-2014, 08:43 PM   #168
TurboRush

I agree with you, the cut off dates are not trustyworthy. We've seen it here and I remember my Acura had a terrible rattle where there was a tsb for 2010 but not 2011 but they acknowledged it was the same issue.

Either way I'd present this to the dealer.
Unread 01-19-2014, 11:07 AM   #169
TurboRush

I looked at mine today and I only have the single checkbox that says steering wheel (although I never read close enough to pick up on it). To your point it's either a poor wording and/or a missing feature, either way uncheck ing it should kill both the heated wheel and seat on start up when below 40.... If it doesn't then you def need to tsb.
Unread 01-19-2014, 01:53 PM   #170
14summithemi
2014 WK 

Ya, my seats always come on <40, even with box unchecked, no biggie, I'll have it addressed, just glad it IS being addressed by Jeep.
14summithemi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-23-2014, 02:10 AM   #171
Steph72

2014 jeep grand Cherokee overland alarm keeps going off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrell15 View Post
I had a problem with my 2014 Limited car alarm going off on its own. Brought it in the first time and "the problem wouldn't reproduce itself," so they did nothing. Brought it in a week later and they updated the software. It lasted 3 days, then started again. Brought it in a third time, and they claimed the hood latch assembly was broken and needed to be replaced. So far I've had it 2 weeks with no issues. But after reading this thread, I'm thinking that unfortunately these issues won't be my last...

This is my first post hope I'm doing this right..... But I am having the same issues. The first time it happened I thought I just hit the panic button when I heard the alarm going off when I was at work . But unlocked it w the key fob and relocked it. 3 mins later alarm started going off. This happened about 6 times then gave up a left the car unlocked because I was so annoyed. Went home figured I try the lock again 3 mins later same issue with the alarm so I left it unlocked. Called the dealership and made an appointment they said I shouldn't be seeing these issues with the new jeep but bring it in ( lucky everytime the alarm went off there were others around bc i thought i was loosing it)When I went to dealership of course my alarm did not act up. They said everything looked normal but reset the system as a just in case. Sure enough 3 days later there goes the alarm. It happened at work, at the store, and at home and etc. Called the dealership and left car for a week they gave me a loner said nothing happened that i need to keep track of what key fob acts up and when and how long .they said no other 2014 jeep gc overland has had this happen they called other dealerships and head office so they say I hope it doesn't happen again but feel like that's a long shot. Aggravated bc It's brand new. Has anyone else experienced this? Any thing I can ask them to look at? Thanks sorry for ranting
Steph72 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-23-2014, 07:51 AM   #172
TurboRush

Yep, the most common cause of this has been the hood sensor. Its on the driver side shock tower if I remember correctly. Open the hood and take a look, make sure it doesn't look damaged and that it's fully seated/connected. Worse case scenario you could unhook the sensor and that should allow you to lock the car without the alarm going off.

You can tell if its the panic going off or the alarm - with panic you can unlock car, get in, start it, with it still going off. With the alarm it'll turn off when you unlock, start the car, etc.
Unread 01-23-2014, 01:51 PM   #173
jmullinsiii

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttk104 View Post
I bought a Limited V6 on Sunday. I was driving home from work last night with 40 miles on odometer. I felt a downshift, the engine light went on, and I could not get past 4th gear nor shift into Sport mode to change gears manually. I drove a couple more miles and turned car off for an hour. When I restarted the shifting seemed back to normal but the check engine light was still on and the Eco Mode button had turned orange.

I went to the dealer this morning and they upgraded the software. That seemed to fix the CEL but the Eco Boost button light is still orange. I can turn it off but it will not turn back to green, like it was for the first 40 miles. No one at the Dealer even knows what the orange light means let alone can get it to turn off. There is no mention of the button color in the manual.

Does anyone have an idea of what the orange light means. I'm guessing it means Eco Mode doesn't work. I am not sure if that is a sign of bigger problems or I just can't set that mode.
Oh great...mine has been orange since day 1. Never saw it green like the pictures in the manual/online. Mine is in the shop for a 3rd day today for NAV not being able to locate the car, 3G signal hasn't worked in 2 weeks, time is wrong, screen has frozen up 3 times in the past 2 weeks, and when it does, the manual buttons won't work either. The backup camera went out once. They've done every software update available, to no avail. I think the antenna is broken. This no loaner car/no free rental car policy is crap! Mine is the 2014 Overland and just rolled over 6,900 miles this morning on the way back to the dealer.
jmullinsiii is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-23-2014, 01:59 PM   #174
TurboRush

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmullinsiii View Post
Oh great...mine has been orange since day 1. Never saw it green like the pictures in the manual/online. Mine is in the shop for a 3rd day today for NAV not being able to locate the car, 3G signal hasn't worked in 2 weeks, time is wrong, screen has frozen up 3 times in the past 2 weeks, and when it does, the manual buttons won't work either. The backup camera went out once. They've done every software update available, to no avail. I think the antenna is broken. This no loaner car/no free rental car policy is crap! Mine is the 2014 Overland and just rolled over 6,900 miles this morning on the way back to the dealer.
Open case with Jeep if you haven't already. Say you want a rental car - that should get you the rental and gets your dealers techs working directly with Jeep to resolve - sounds like a new head unit coming your way.

As for the Eco button, I think mine is orange and always has been (and I've had not transmission issues, I have the 8hp70). I'll validate this afternoon.
Unread 01-23-2014, 04:19 PM   #175
jmullinsiii

Quote:
Open case with Jeep if you haven't already. Say you want a rental car - that should get you the rental and gets your dealers techs working directly with Jeep to resolve - sounds like a new head unit coming your way.

As for the Eco button, I think mine is orange and always has been (and I've had not transmission issues, I have the 8hp70). I'll validate this afternoon.
Thank you. And you're exactly right. The dealer just called & said they've ordered a new head unit. I asked him if they checked the antenna, and got a smart-*** answer back...which I'm taking as a "no." They refuse to pay for my rental car or give me a loaner car. I guess I'll have to call Jeep directly about that.

Okay, cool. I haven't had any real transmission issues either...a couple of slips, but nothing consistent.
jmullinsiii is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-23-2014, 05:57 PM   #176
TurboRush

Confirmed my Eco button is orange, matches the auto temp button to. I think that's what it's supposed to be, just a discrepancy from the manual.
Unread 01-23-2014, 07:00 PM   #177
BobsWK2
2014 WK 

Quote:
Yep, the most common cause of this has been the hood sensor. Its on the driver side shock tower if I remember correctly. Open the hood and take a look, make sure it doesn't look damaged and that it's fully seated/connected. Worse case scenario you could unhook the sensor and that should allow you to lock the car without the alarm going off.
Antone have a photo of this sensor that is mounted to the d/s shock tower?
Unread 01-23-2014, 07:38 PM   #178
TurboRush

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobsWK2 View Post
Antone have a photo of this sensor that is mounted to the d/s shock tower?
I'm on the road, I can take a pic Tuesday if nobody else has.
Unread 05-26-2014, 10:44 AM   #179
DallasGurl
2014 WK 

Issues, issues, issues!!!!

Hi everyone, I have read some of the information on here. Here's the deal...my girlfriend bought a 2013 Dodge Ram truck and I had a 2011 Ford F150 Platinum Truck. I loved the entertainment system in my truck, but hated the system in hers. We had so many strange things happen with the software on the entertainment system in her truck. As a couple of examples:

* Dash cluster went blank, gave a warning about ABS
* GPS lady told us where to turn when I was not using NAV, had nothing entered into NAV and wasn't even on NAV screen.
*Shuffle wouldn't stay on, everytime you turned vehicle off and then back on, you had to reset the shuffle.
* NAV screen went black one day and couldn't do anything but turn the vehicle off in the middle of a dirt road, open the door, close the door, wait 45 seconds, and restart the engine, then it worked again.

Anyway, we got rid of the Platinum, needed an SUV since we already had one truck, and we decided to lease....went with the Jeep Grand Cherokee for three reasons:
1) My girlfriend's dad worked at the dealership
2) it was the right size and better gas mileage
3) the residual on it was good

I was leery though since it has the same entertainment system as what's in her Dodge Ram Truck. I would have rather went with the Ford Explorer that was 10k more expensive (for the one I wanted) than my Jeep Grand Cherokee Ltd 4 x 4, but the residual on the Ford Explorer was so low that the lease payment would have been 200-300 more than we got on the Jeep. So we went with the Jeep (which the Explorer outdoes the Jeep in options any day, has better speakers, better radio, better entertainment system, and the same software and entertainment system that was in my Platinum). Needless to say, I have had repeated problems with the Jeep's Electrical/entertainment system. It's not recognizing my flash drive with music on it half the time or more. It locks up the media screen, and I have to turn the vehicle off, open the door, close the door, wait 45 seconds, restart the vehicle, and sometimes this will resolve it, sometimes I have to go through this twice. In addition, first it told me my flash drive has 610 songs on it, then I turned the car off, went inside somewhere, came back and got in it and it suddenly said I had like 735 songs on my flash drive...impossible. In addition, the shuffle doesn't stay on, and when on shuffle and driving, I am flipping through songs but in about 20 minutes it will attempt to play the same song like 7 times, I have no idea why, but there aren't multiples of any song on the drive. I am frustrated, mentally exhausted with dealing with these issues. I worry that it could become dangerous under the right circumstances...a lady in the service dept at the dealership told us that some people's vehicles are flashing the headlights on and off in the middle of the night, that their whole dash cluster goes black while driving, they have no idea how fast they're going...I mean what's next....
It pisses me off the most that they would put these in the dealerships for people to buy knowing that there are SERIOUS issues with the software and electrical.
DallasGurl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-26-2014, 06:56 PM   #180
mrsc
2014 WK 

If you try to get it fixed, Corporate will tell you that that is how it is supposed to work.
mrsc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.