2014 Grand Cherokee - Electrical problems? - Page 10 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > 2014 Grand Cherokee - Electrical problems?

Dual Color LED Light Bars White/AmberFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/Bla

Reply
Unread 12-17-2013, 09:19 PM   #136
jacko15
Registered User
2014 WK 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Pennsylvania's North Shore
Posts: 745
Quote:
Originally Posted by xSNAPDRAGONx View Post
Just bought my Jeep Grand Cherokee limited. Any suggestions for breaking it in?
I'd suggest you read the manual, cover to cover, more than just break-in, it'll tell you how to operate the vehicle properly.

__________________
Hers: 2008 Jeep Compass Sport
Mine: 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland V/6 ORA II
Michelin LTX M/S 2's
jacko15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2014, 06:32 PM   #137
Chris18204
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Cornelius, NC
Posts: 2
Do not buy a Jeep!

I came to this site to see if others are experiencing the same issues and disappointments that I am enduring. I purchased a 2014 Grand Cherokee and have had it back to the dealer time and time again. I am so disgusted by the lack of quality and poor fit and finish of this vehicle! From having a complete dash replaced for defects, rattles that cannot be resolved to now Uconnect issues (911 error "Vehicle Phone requires service") that the dealer has addressed and failed to solve with a software patch ..... Newest software version supposedly in the mail, I am shocked that I or anyone would have to deal with such poor quality. I wanted to believe that American quality was back but I was wrong. I never had one quality issue with my Nissan Pathfinder. I regret the purchase of my Jeep and plan to trade it away as soon as possible

Buyers beware !!!
Chris18204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2014, 07:42 PM   #138
TurboRush
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Portsmouth, NH
Posts: 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris18204 View Post
I came to this site to see if others are experiencing the same issues and disappointments that I am enduring. I purchased a 2014 Grand Cherokee and have had it back to the dealer time and time again. I am so disgusted by the lack of quality and poor fit and finish of this vehicle! From having a complete dash replaced for defects, rattles that cannot be resolved to now Uconnect issues (911 error "Vehicle Phone requires service") that the dealer has addressed and failed to solve with a software patch ..... Newest software version supposedly in the mail, I am shocked that I or anyone would have to deal with such poor quality. I wanted to believe that American quality was back but I was wrong. I never had one quality issue with my Nissan Pathfinder. I regret the purchase of my Jeep and plan to trade it away as soon as possible

Buyers beware !!!
Why don't you list specific issues (other than phone needs service) that you've had so that's others can help rather than come in with your second post saying buyer beware (kind of hard to give your advice a lot of credibility that way). Many of the early build issues have been resolved at this point and there's a wide body of knowledge here to help.
TurboRush is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2014, 01:25 PM   #139
bk000
Registered User
2014 WK 
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: dallas, texas
Posts: 2
2014 summit; no problems with engine, transmission or radio (although I ocassionally get a service 4-wheel drive warning when I drive over a bump).

I have a driver's side electric seat problem - the driver's side seat keeps moving to the full forward or full rear position and locking in place.
All other seat controls work but it randomly will either stop moving forward or stop moving back. I think it has to do with the memory settings & the software.

The dealer keeps replacing the actual switch but I dont' think that's the issue.

Anyone with a seat problem or is it just me? It's currently in the shop...again...for such a stupid issue.

Update (1/14/2014): Dealer replaced the switch and control module for the seat (again)- while replacing modules the tech noticed exposed wire and poor grounding of the seat wiring harness...attempted to correct wiring harness problem. Suspect faulty seat wiring harness / harness installation leading to prior incorrect diagnosis of faulty switches/control modules. Lucas strikes again - fortunately it was just the seat.

Last edited by bk000; 01-14-2014 at 09:15 AM..
bk000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2014, 02:14 PM   #140
Bullheadbud
Registered User
2014 WK 
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Bellingham, wa
Posts: 239
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris18204 View Post
I came to this site to see if others are experiencing the same issues and disappointments that I am enduring. I purchased a 2014 Grand Cherokee and have had it back to the dealer time and time again. I am so disgusted by the lack of quality and poor fit and finish of this vehicle! From having a complete dash replaced for defects, rattles that cannot be resolved to now Uconnect issues (911 error "Vehicle Phone requires service") that the dealer has addressed and failed to solve with a software patch ..... Newest software version supposedly in the mail, I am shocked that I or anyone would have to deal with such poor quality. I wanted to believe that American quality was back but I was wrong. I never had one quality issue with my Nissan Pathfinder. I regret the purchase of my Jeep and plan to trade it away as soon as possible

Buyers beware !!!
Do Not Buy a Jeep?? My 2014 G.C. is my 4th Jeep and the previous 3 were 92 Wrangler, 2005 Liberty CRD and 2012 Wrangler Unlimited. No problems with any of them other than normal wear and tear items, small maintenance bugs, etc. You won't find "any" make or model car that has a 100% track record.
Bullheadbud is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2014, 04:08 PM   #141
JeepGC6855
Registered User
2014 WK 
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Lawrence, KS
Posts: 148
And I'm thinking after 10 months, this is the best Jeep Grand Cherokee I have owned - 0 problems so far
JeepGC6855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2014, 10:42 AM   #142
TurboRush
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Portsmouth, NH
Posts: 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by bk000 View Post
2014 summit; no engine, transmission or radio problems (although I ocassionally get a service 4-wheel drive warning when I drive over a bump).

I have a driver's side electric seat problem - the driver's side seat keeps moving to the full forward or full rear position and locking in place.
All other seat controls work but it randomly will either stop moving forward or stop moving back. I think it has to do with the memory settings & the software.

The dealer keeps replacing the actual switch but I dont' think that's the issue.

Anyone with a seat problem or is it just me? It's currently in the shop...again...for such a stupid issue.
2 really dumb questions:

1. Do you have easy entry/exit set? When set it will drop the seat all the way back when the vehicle is shut down

2. Do you have drive 1 preset tied to your key fob?
TurboRush is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2014, 04:41 AM   #143
wriggly1dog
Registered User
2014 WK 
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Elgin, Illinois
Posts: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboRush View Post
2 really dumb questions:

1. Do you have easy entry/exit set? When set it will drop the seat all the way back when the vehicle is shut down

2. Do you have drive 1 preset tied to your key fob?
Well, that explains why mine always drops down. I know, read the owners manual. I didn't get any DVD with mine, and for some reason, now that I am older, I fall asleep when I read.
wriggly1dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2014, 04:54 AM   #144
gabbagabba
Registered User
2014 WK 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Southwest, NH
Posts: 383
I have been overall pleased with the outcome of the software upgrades on my '14 ltd. I had some issues with radio/nav freeze up and that seems to be gone, the new nav software seems great. Also, the newest tranny software upgrade seems good. Any 'problems' I had seem to be addressed except for the dip in mpg after the tranny upgrade which I will have to judge over time and when warmer temps come
gabbagabba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2014, 06:47 AM   #145
oldmac1
Registered User
2014 WK 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Western Pa
Posts: 253
After my tranny upgrade my mileage really dropped for a while until the transmission relearned my driving habits. I can now leave it in ECO mode and roughly the same mileage as before except when I idle for long periods in cold weather. So far I like this V6 in Snow Mode better than my 2 previous Hemi Quadra Drive's, don't know if the torque was too much for snow or the new 8 speed/V6 combination is better. Every model year it just seems to get better.
__________________
Oldmac1

14 GC Overland
12 Liberty
08 Rubicon Unlimited
oldmac1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2014, 11:43 AM   #146
aquabear
Registered User
2014  
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Bay Shore, NEW YORK
Posts: 16
I love my 2014 GC Summit. BUT also I do hate an unresolved engine light that keeps coming on 4 times now. Dealer has tried many things. 4 times so far. Next visit it stays there until its fixed, loaner car, no more drive backs or will have to buy back.

If its bought back I DEF want another JGC Summit!

EDIT: The error code says there's a leak in fuel system but no leak found, AGAIN. Same error code.
aquabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2014, 09:36 PM   #147
Isotack
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 4
Okay...well I am new here, but have a 2004 GC Larado and a 2014 GC Limited that we bought in March 2013. I took the 2014 into the dealer for a couple of things over the holidays. They updated the recall software and they also did an update of the Radio.

My issue is...as I sit here right now my Jeep is out in my driveway with the radio fully lit, and on, the instrument cluster is also lit and the shift leaver and traction selector knob as well. My wife first noticed that the radio was on when she got into the car this afternoon. She failed to mention it until we were out tonight. (took another car). Upon returning, sure enough, the radio is on and the inst cluster is lit...they will not shut off...I have tried everything. I don't know how it didn't drain the battery...it was/is on for over 5 hours. I still cant get them shut off. I turned off the radio screen and muted the radio. The inst clust is lit like a Christmas tree. Of course tomorrow is Sunday, so I can get it to the dealer! I tried using the fob to lock it and to start it and I tried putting in gear and back...etc. I've tried everything!

Anyone also having this issue?
Isotack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2014, 09:54 PM   #148
gabbagabba
Registered User
2014 WK 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Southwest, NH
Posts: 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isotack View Post
Okay...well I am new here, but have a 2004 GC Larado and a 2014 GC Limited that we bought in March 2013. I took the 2014 into the dealer for a couple of things over the holidays. They updated the recall software and they also did an update of the Radio.

My issue is...as I sit here right now my Jeep is out in my driveway with the radio fully lit, and on, the instrument cluster is also lit and the shift leaver and traction selector knob as well. My wife first noticed that the radio was on when she got into the car this afternoon. She failed to mention it until we were out tonight. (took another car). Upon returning, sure enough, the radio is on and the inst cluster is lit...they will not shut off...I have tried everything. I don't know how it didn't drain the battery...it was/is on for over 5 hours. I still cant get them shut off. I turned off the radio screen and muted the radio. The inst clust is lit like a Christmas tree. Of course tomorrow is Sunday, so I can get it to the dealer! I tried using the fob to lock it and to start it and I tried putting in gear and back...etc. I've tried everything!

Anyone also having this issue?
Thats weird, disconnect ur battery
gabbagabba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2014, 10:18 PM   #149
Isotack
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 4
I did that... everything is now dead...except the radio touchscreen. It is still lit, but no sound? WTF? Nothing else is working on the car, so the battery is defiantly disconnected.

Last edited by Isotack; 01-11-2014 at 10:31 PM..
Isotack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2014, 11:13 PM   #150
14summithemi
Member
2014 WK 
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Bay Village, OHIO
Posts: 369
Try checking the grounds under hood, they are listed in several TSB's as source of some issues and maybe one is monking with the power loop....just a guess..
14summithemi is offline   Reply With Quote




Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.