2014 GC Uconnect add device problem - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > 2014 GC Uconnect add device problem

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 07-03-2013, 10:20 AM   #76
VinnieTheFish
2014 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikati View Post
bumping back this thread!

iOS 6.1.4 on my new iPhone and experiencing the same problems with uconnect 13.12.1. Brand new jeep purchased about a week ago and pairing is inconsistent and a nightmare. Anyone have any solutions/workarounds or ideas on when this will be resolved? Uconnect hotline support people are worthless!
very frustrated!

what model phone do you have? My iPhone 4 is running 6.1.3 (which Apple lists as the most recent version for my phone) and the update resolved my issue.

Which model phone do you have?
Which phone carrier?
Which radio model do you have installed?

This link should help you identify the radio model version you have installed:
http://www.driveuconnect.com/system/jeep/?year=2014

This thread was about a problem with the 2014 Uconnect 5.0 units. If you're running a different radio model I would suggest opening a new thread so that it's not confusing people. Be specific in your thread too with the info I listed above and note that your phone OS just came out, whereas your car most likely was manufactured several months ago. Pretty much impossible for them to test every phone as soon as it comes out so give them time.

'96 ZJ 4.0L 4x4 NP242 *** SOLD @ 223k miles & still running***
VinnieTheFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2013, 10:31 AM   #77
mikati

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnieTheFish View Post

what model phone do you have? My iPhone 4 is running 6.1.3 (which Apple lists as the most recent version for my phone) and the update resolved my issue.

Which model phone do you have?
Which phone carrier?
Which radio model do you have installed?

This link should help you identify the radio model version you have installed:
http://www.driveuconnect.com/system/jeep/?year=2014

This thread was about a problem with the 2014 Uconnect 5.0 units. If you're running a different radio model I would suggest opening a new thread so that it's not confusing people. Be specific in your thread too with the info I listed above and note that your phone OS just came out, whereas your car most likely was manufactured several months ago. Pretty much impossible for them to test every phone as soon as it comes out so give them time.
Hi There

Yes, I have the 2014 Uconnect 5.0 unit (RA2) installed on my '14 Laredo. I have an iPhone 5 with ios 6.1.4 on at&t. I can't imagine that bluetooth functionality differs so much between each 0.0.1 iOS update! I'm also pretty sure this update was released a while ago, I think back in May. I have no problems with my other car, which is older, so I am just shocked at this.
mikati is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2013, 01:17 AM   #78
loveracing1988

My wife has this same issue with her phone, which is a Samsung Brightside (a feature phone). According to the woman I talked to at Uconnect her phone isn't listed as compatible so we are screwed. The funny thing is it worked fine when we first got the jeep, it worked fine for 2 months and now all of the sudden it is giving us issues? Thanks jeep!
loveracing1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2013, 09:26 PM   #79
enmsol

My galaxy S3 and iPhone 4S will not reconnect after the vehicle is turned off. I checked the update site and nothing was returned for my VIN. I will try to take this brand new 2014 GC Laredo with the Uconnect 5.0 back to the dealer when they get my plates in.

Last edited by enmsol; 07-22-2013 at 07:38 PM..
enmsol is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2013, 02:04 PM   #80
Erikasjgc

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveracing1988
My wife has this same issue with her phone, which is a Samsung Brightside (a feature phone). According to the woman I talked to at Uconnect her phone isn't listed as compatible so we are screwed. The funny thing is it worked fine when we first got the jeep, it worked fine for 2 months and now all of the sudden it is giving us issues? Thanks jeep!
Maybe what happened is the phone's software was updated and now it is incompatible with UConnect. I imagine the UConnect executives decided to not keep updating their software to accommodate every version of every software update on every phone quickly (or at all maybe). Just my guess.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
Erikasjgc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2013, 06:14 PM   #81
loveracing1988

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erikasjgc View Post

Maybe what happened is the phone's software was updated and now it is incompatible with UConnect. I imagine the UConnect executives decided to not keep updating their software to accommodate every version of every software update on every phone quickly (or at all maybe). Just my guess.

The phone was never updated, the jeep just got sick of connecting to it...
loveracing1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2013, 11:47 AM   #82
RJS5689
2012 WK 

Could someone post a link to where I can download the update? I have a 2014 GC Laredo that's having this exact issue. When I put my VIN in on the UConnect site I get an error. When I search for a new GC Laredo on a dealer's website and try and use that VUN it tells me there are no updates. If someone could please link me to the download I would GREATLY appreciate it.
RJS5689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2013, 12:04 PM   #83
Erikasjgc

Google "technical service bulletin for 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee" and you'll find a complete list of all issues and updates that are available for your Jeep. There may or may not be a fix for your issue - if not, there will probably be a software update coming and you'll be able to check up on what's available.

Erikasjgc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2013, 10:37 AM   #84
rluther75

I've had the same issue with my 2014 Grand Cherokee LTD with the Uconnect 5.0 unit and my iphone 5. I've had the Jeep for about 5 months now, and it has never maintained the pairing between starts. I was at the dealer yesterday for my first regular service. They told me there is still no fix for the problem and to check back in a few weeks. Everything else about my Jeep has been great so far, but it is a pain having to re-pair my phone every time (and remembering to do so before I get going). Hoping for a fix soon.
rluther75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2013, 08:28 PM   #85
enmsol

There is a fix. My dealership here in Houston (Gilman) was able to update the software in my 2014 Uconnect (more like Unconnect) 5.0 unit. Everything has been fine with the pairring problem since the fix with only a few minor hickups like the radio rebooting once and sometimes the siruis doesn't work.
enmsol is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2014, 04:48 PM   #86
Chris18204

Thumbs down Uconnect causing 911 and internal phone disruption/warning indicator

I have a 2014 Grand Cherokee. The most recent issue that I am having (and there have been FAR TOO MANY) is a red warning indicator light illuminating on the rear review mirror and warning post on my radio screen. I have brought the vehicle back to the dealer and they have programmed the radio with the latest software, which has not worked. I've been told that yet another software version has just been developed and I am now awaiting its arrival. I am interested in knowing if any other owners are experiencing a similar problem and if you share in my disappointment with the wide spread lack of quality associated with the Grand Cherokee
Chris18204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2014, 06:08 PM   #87
jacko15
2014 WK 

In some instances this problem has been traced to a faulty antenna, or antenna connection. Also, there were some faulty aircards that required the radio to be replaced. I might add that I do not share your disappointment with the quality of the Grand Cherokee. I took delivery of mine in mid April, and have yet to have a reason to return to the dealer.
jacko15 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.