2014 GC Uconnect add device problem - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > 2014 GC Uconnect add device problem

Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comEliminate Hood Flutter!!!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 04-17-2013, 07:51 AM   #46
behmer
2014 WK 

Picked up the '14 w/ uconnect 5 in early March. I have an iPhone 4s and am having the same issue as everyone else. I've been emailing with dealer weekly asking about fix. Just emailed them about flash drive from commenters above and they say they have nothing yet.

behmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2013, 10:57 AM   #47
cybercath
2008 JK Wrangler 

Picked up my 2014 GC Limited on Monday. My iPhone 5 and my wireless iPod will not pair with the UConnect. Dealership says that they want to replace the whole unit. I really don't want my dashboard taken apart already. Jeep doesn't even have 100 miles on it yet!

After reading everyone's comments, I am going to ask the dealership about the flashdrive fix. I have my fingers crossed!
cybercath is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2013, 06:05 PM   #48
sbeltz
2011 XJ Cherokee 

One thing that I have found that helps (not 100% of the time but most) if you plug your phone into the USB BEFORE you start it
Seems to hook up better
sbeltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2013, 11:15 AM   #49
behmer
2014 WK 

Got an email from dealer last night, flash drive is in for fix. Took my '14 in this morning, 10 minutes later everything is working great. iPhone 4S with '14 WK2 and 5inch screen. Even went back out to check 2 hours later and no issues connecting. Dealer said the early production runs are the ones with the problems and the later production runs have the updated software. They tested every '14 on their lot and about 1/2 came back with issues.
behmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2013, 12:00 PM   #50
JeepCares

Quote:
Originally Posted by behmer View Post
Got an email from dealer last night, flash drive is in for fix.
Great to hear.
JeepCares is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2013, 12:11 PM   #51
JetBlast
2014 WK 

I presume this is available at all dealers now? Do we have a TSB number for it?
JetBlast is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2013, 02:51 PM   #52
UplandGuide
2014 WK 

My dealer did update my software with the USB Flash Drive he received from Chrysler and problem of phones dropping out has been fixed. All Jeep dealers should be able to correct this problem with the software update from Chrysler.
Unread 04-19-2013, 04:45 PM   #53
cybercath
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by behmer
Got an email from dealer last night, flash drive is in for fix. Took my '14 in this morning, 10 minutes later everything is working great. iPhone 4S with '14 WK2 and 5inch screen. Even went back out to check 2 hours later and no issues connecting. Dealer said the early production runs are the ones with the problems and the later production runs have the updated software. They tested every '14 on their lot and about 1/2 came back with issues.
That's great news! I'm still waiting to hear from my dealership.
cybercath is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2013, 11:43 AM   #54
mdicicco

I am having the same problems with my cell phones staying paired. I have a 2014 Grand Cherokee Laredo with the Model RA2 - Uconnect™ 5.0 radio. I picked it up on 3/26/2013. Took my car into the dealership a week after I picked it up and the dealer indicated that they had to order a new radio. Radio is on back order from the OEM and there isn’t an ETA for when it will be received by the dealer. At the time, the service guy indicated that the radio was defective and that’s the reason why they had to order a new one.

After checking this forum every day for a week, I called the service guy on Friday and pushed him to see if the mechanic actually received any errors or codes when he ran diagnostics on the radio. Service guy calls me back and reported that the mechanic did not receive any errors / defect codes during the diagnostics. So the best they could do was order another radio. I told them that I was concerned that I will be getting a radio that still has the same problem. Also, sent the service guy links to this forum and another forum to show him that there are other people with the same Jeep model and radio model that are having the same problem and apparently some dealers have a USB fix. Service guy tells me that he's looked through his knowledge base and there's no TSBs or any problems/fixes regarding the Model RA2 - Uconnect™ 5.0 / 2014 Jeep GC Laredos. Service guy tells me that I must confusing a pairing issue with a radio on the 2013 Laredos .

Does anyone on this forum live in south eastern Michigan and has received the fix? If yes, can you private message me the dealer that did it? Greatly appreciate any help that can be provided.
mdicicco is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2013, 09:23 AM   #55
AntonioAndolini
2014 WK 

Similar situation here in SE Michigan. Called Snethkamp (where I bought) and the guy wasn't really helpful and was, actually, kind of rude.

If anyone here has a friendly dealer that would provide them this information (or is a friendly person at a dealership) and would be willing to post a TSB#, or a software update#, or anything along those lines, it'd be helpful.
2003 KJ Sport (stock) *gone*
AntonioAndolini is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2013, 09:37 AM   #56
JetBlast
2014 WK 

Yes, a TSB number would be good so the dealer can locate it. I dont want to show up to mine with the same complaint and get nowhere.
JetBlast is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2013, 08:39 PM   #57
CaptnGus
2008 JK Wrangler 

Same situation here with 2014 8.4 unit. Very helpful service manager called Chrysler regional office, and was told that there was no software fix available. They ordered a new radio, but there are no units in the pipeline. Could be a matter of weeks to get a replacement. The flash drive "fix" has to have a TSB or some type of reference number that we can get from any dealer who received one.
CaptnGus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2013, 10:22 PM   #58
jacko15
2014 WK 

I think I read somewhere here, or another forum, that the flash update is only for the 5" screen.
jacko15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2013, 07:53 AM   #59
AntonioAndolini
2014 WK 

Provided this link still works, it's version 13.12.1 for the UConnect 5.0. I downloaded it last night and installed it this morning.

Voila! Problem solved.

http://www.filedropper.com/swdl
2003 KJ Sport (stock) *gone*
AntonioAndolini is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2013, 10:35 AM   #60
VinnieTheFish
2014 WK 

FYI,

Just received a call from Chrysler Drive Connect Tech Support and they are having me go into the dealership for the fix. Sounds like the need the dealership to open a ticket from their side a special way in order to get this setup. I could probably do it myself, but I'll just stop by and let them fix it for me. I asked about the download and he said that was probably for the 8.4 model not the 5" model like I have.

After it's resolved by the dealership I'll report back how they fixed it and if it's resolved.

Thanks.
'96 ZJ 4.0L 4x4 NP242 *** SOLD @ 223k miles & still running***
VinnieTheFish is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.