2014 GC Uconnect add device problem - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > 2014 GC Uconnect add device problem

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Reply
Unread 04-05-2013, 03:11 PM   #31
bilbo_28
Registered User
2014 WK 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: NJ, USA
Posts: 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnieTheFish View Post
Update 4/5/13:
They confirmed this is a known software bug where the random pin for the bluetooth connection that is generating is not being remembered after the vehicle is powered off for some time.
Can you change the PIN when you pair the phone? I can't remember if you get that option, and I don't want to un-pair mine to check in case I replicate the problem. Maybe that way the number might get stored.... just a thought.....

bilbo_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2013, 05:40 PM   #32
jacko15
Registered User
2014 WK 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Pennsylvania's North Shore
Posts: 813
Quote:
Originally Posted by bilbo_28 View Post
Can you change the PIN when you pair the phone? I can't remember if you get that option, and I don't want to un-pair mine to check in case I replicate the problem. Maybe that way the number might get stored.... just a thought.....
I believe the pins are randomly generated for bluetooth pairing.
__________________
Hers: 2008 Jeep Compass Sport
Mine: 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland V/6 ORA II
Michelin LTX M/S 2's
jacko15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2013, 06:14 AM   #33
stevebanzai
Registered User
2014 WK 
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Vineland, NJ
Posts: 28
I have the same problem on my 2014. Will stay subscribed to this thread for a solution.
__________________
shatter convention with your own invention.
stevebanzai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2013, 10:34 AM   #34
jamiew8
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 3
There is a fix to this problem- the dealership called me on Friday, I took it over there, they plugged a flashdrive into the USB port, it took about 5 minutes and it works perfectly now! I have the Uconnect 5.0 and an iphone 4.
jamiew8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2013, 10:42 AM   #35
JetBlast
Registered User
2014 WK 
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Tacoma, WA
Posts: 44
That's great to hear! I will inquire at my dealer this week over this too.
JetBlast is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2013, 02:02 PM   #36
bilbo_28
Registered User
2014 WK 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: NJ, USA
Posts: 149
Glad to hear there is a fix....
bilbo_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2013, 03:15 PM   #37
stevebanzai
Registered User
2014 WK 
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Vineland, NJ
Posts: 28
Does anyone know if they offer this fix for download? I'd rather do it myself.
__________________
shatter convention with your own invention.
stevebanzai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2013, 04:15 PM   #38
1slosvt
Registered User
2000 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: archdale, nc
Posts: 544
Just left my dealer. They want to replace my radio. I'm not so sure about that.
__________________
-2012 JKUS
-2014 GC Laredo
-2k xj
1slosvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2013, 10:51 AM   #39
VinnieTheFish
Registered User
2014 WK 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Cave Creek, AZ
Posts: 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiew8 View Post
There is a fix to this problem- the dealership called me on Friday, I took it over there, they plugged a flashdrive into the USB port, it took about 5 minutes and it works perfectly now! I have the Uconnect 5.0 and an iphone 4.
I contacted the case manager this morning for the issue I opened via driveconnect.com and unfortunately they don't have an update on this yet. I informed him that the flash your dealer provided resolved your issue (which was promising as I have the same phone and Uconnect version) but from his side he has no ETA yet on the solution.

Most likely this is something released to the dealers first as a TSB/flash update and not to the general public yet. Hopefully I can get this through my dealership here in Scottsdale, AZ this week as I was going to take the vehicle in for the trailer hitch installation anyway.

Thanks for the update. I'll keep you posted if I hear anything else.
__________________
'14 WK2 3.6L Stone White 4x4 Laredo
'12 WK2 3.6L Steel Blue 4x2 Laredo (Mall Crawler for the wife)
'06 Ram 1500 5.7L Big Horn 4x2 *** SOLD ***
'96 ZJ 4.0L 4x4 NP242 *** SOLD @ 223k miles & still running***
VinnieTheFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2013, 12:33 PM   #40
Erikasjgc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 117
I had trouble playing music from my iPhone4 to my 2011 GC. The software update was covered under warrantee and performed by my dealer no charge. I knew the software update was available as of Aug(?)/12, but since there was a TSB I went to the dealer for the fix and was happy when the manager said "no charge". There is a thread on Jeepforum discussing the latest TSBs including UConnect issues....
Erikasjgc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2013, 08:44 AM   #41
AntonioAndolini
Registered User
2000 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Woodbridge, Detroit, MI
Posts: 65
Just gonna bump this to subscribe.

The problem seems isolated to the 5.0 and does not seem to apply to the 8.4. Additionally, with respect to the 5.0, it seems to apply across operating systems and versions, with both iOS and Android users of different versions experiencing the same problem.

(2014 Laredo with the 5.0, here)
AntonioAndolini is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2013, 10:05 AM   #42
VinnieTheFish
Registered User
2014 WK 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Cave Creek, AZ
Posts: 139
Quick update,

Jeep is at the dealership today having the trailer hitch and wiring installed as part of the vehicle purchase. I spoke with my service advisor concerning this issue (same guy that helped me with my #2 cylinder misfire issue on the 2012 so we have a good history with each other). He mentioned they saw the exact same issue last week with a 2014 Uconnect 5.0 that had the same issue. I informed him of my conversation with Uconnect Tech Support and he's checking on the software update/TSB for me. The issue they faced last week was resolved by completely replacing the radio as they didn't have the flash update available at the time.

I told him that if the only solution at the moment was to replace the entire radio to hold off on my Jeep and I'm willing to wait for the flash update on my radio. No need to replace the entire radio and potentially break something in the process removing the dash, etc that a coming software update will fix shortly. It's a minor inconvenience right now and working in IT I can live a couple of more weeks waiting on a software patch.

Jeep will be back from the shop at the end the day and I'll provide an update.
__________________
'14 WK2 3.6L Stone White 4x4 Laredo
'12 WK2 3.6L Steel Blue 4x2 Laredo (Mall Crawler for the wife)
'06 Ram 1500 5.7L Big Horn 4x2 *** SOLD ***
'96 ZJ 4.0L 4x4 NP242 *** SOLD @ 223k miles & still running***
VinnieTheFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2013, 02:13 PM   #43
VinnieTheFish
Registered User
2014 WK 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Cave Creek, AZ
Posts: 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnieTheFish View Post
Quick update,

Jeep is at the dealership today having the trailer hitch and wiring installed as part of the vehicle purchase. I spoke with my service advisor concerning this issue (same guy that helped me with my #2 cylinder misfire issue on the 2012 so we have a good history with each other). He mentioned they saw the exact same issue last week with a 2014 Uconnect 5.0 that had the same issue. I informed him of my conversation with Uconnect Tech Support and he's checking on the software update/TSB for me. The issue they faced last week was resolved by completely replacing the radio as they didn't have the flash update available at the time.

I told him that if the only solution at the moment was to replace the entire radio to hold off on my Jeep and I'm willing to wait for the flash update on my radio. No need to replace the entire radio and potentially break something in the process removing the dash, etc that a coming software update will fix shortly. It's a minor inconvenience right now and working in IT I can live a couple of more weeks waiting on a software patch.

Jeep will be back from the shop at the end the day and I'll provide an update.

The dealership just called. They do not have access to the flash update and could not resolve the radio issue. They logged my system as also being affected by the problem and will give me a call when the software update is released.
__________________
'14 WK2 3.6L Stone White 4x4 Laredo
'12 WK2 3.6L Steel Blue 4x2 Laredo (Mall Crawler for the wife)
'06 Ram 1500 5.7L Big Horn 4x2 *** SOLD ***
'96 ZJ 4.0L 4x4 NP242 *** SOLD @ 223k miles & still running***
VinnieTheFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2013, 07:55 AM   #44
AntonioAndolini
Registered User
2000 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Woodbridge, Detroit, MI
Posts: 65
Thanks for the update. I called my service department who said they're aware of it and not to bother bringing it in because "they can just log another one."

Let's all try to keep up on this thread so when the first update comes through we can all get on it ASAP. This is a total pain in the *** since I drive a lot and use my phone a lot while I'm driving.
__________________
00 XJ Classic (stock so far)
14 WK2 Laredo (stock/wife's)
04 TJ (modded/gone)
AntonioAndolini is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2013, 07:46 PM   #45
cmontel
Registered User
2014 WK 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Newton, NJ
Posts: 11
New 2014 GC Uconnect 5 ....exact same problem with iPhone 4. Thank you for all your posts and updates! I have contacted my dealer and they are trying to get there hands on the update flash drive as well!

Hopefully Jeep will issue a TSB on this issue which everyone can reference at their dealerships.m
cmontel is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools






Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.