2014 GC Uconnect add device problem - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > 2014 GC Uconnect add device problem

Iron Cross Customer JK and TJ Wrangler Bumpers now at ROCKZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 03-30-2013, 10:42 AM   #16
MadOwner
2014 FSJ Cherokee 

I just purchased 2014 Jeep Cherokee and am experiencing the same issue with iPhone 4S, Apple software version 6.1.3, service provider Verizon.

I called Uconnect system support this morning and after being on hold for a several minutes was told that my the iPhone 4S with Verizon is NOT SUPPORTED with the 2014 version of Uconnect. No update to the software anticipated anytime soon. Basically, I was told it was simply a non-supported device and to deal with it on my end.

If you want to call Uconnect support: 1.877.855.8400
M-F 7AM-12AM ET
Sat 8AM-10 PM ET
Sun 9AM-5PM ET

They will ask for your phone model, phone software version, and cell phone carrier as well as the last 8 digits of your VIN.

We purchased the vehicle yesterday from Maxwell Doge in Austin, TX. Our salesman was so excited about the 2014 electronics upgrade that he offered to pair both of our iPhones and showed us all the bells and whistles using Bluetooth. We too, were very excited. Now, I am very annoyed!

Good luck!

MadOwner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-30-2013, 02:18 PM   #17
VinnieTheFish
2014 WK 

I sent an email to them as well. I'll post their response.
'96 ZJ 4.0L 4x4 NP242 *** SOLD @ 223k miles & still running***
VinnieTheFish is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-02-2013, 09:45 AM   #18
bilbo_28
2014 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadOwner View Post
I called Uconnect system support this morning and after being on hold for a several minutes was told that my the iPhone 4S with Verizon is NOT SUPPORTED with the 2014 version of Uconnect.
That is very strange as the 4S also uses bluetooth v4.0, the current latest version. I wonder what their support criteria is?
bilbo_28 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-02-2013, 10:17 PM   #19
1slosvt
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Same here. 2014 Laredo, iPhone 4, and the 5 inch screen.
1slosvt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-02-2013, 10:50 PM   #20
VinnieTheFish
2014 WK 

This is the latest I have received from Jeep on the issue. No response stating the iPhone 4 is not supported yet. I'll keep everyone updated on the issue.

--------
Thank you for contacting the Jeep Customer Assistance Center regarding
your 2014 JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE LAREDO 4X4 SPORT UTILITY 4-DR

We can advise you that we have updated our corporate records in order to
reflect the latest information provided in your most recent email and we
would like to indicate to you that your concerns have been escalated to
more appropriate area for their review and response.

If we can be of any assistance in the future, please email or contact
Customer Care Center by telephone at 1-877-IAMJEEP (877-426-5337)

Thanks again for your email.
Unread 04-03-2013, 08:22 AM   #21
JeepCares

Not much help here. Uconnect has their own people to help. Some general info that may, or may not be helpful, is below.

Here's a website to check: http://chrysler.servigistics.com/que...=en&brand=jeep.

If the phone is not showing available, that means their phone is typically compatible with the Media Center Radio and Uconnect hands-free phone operation, but that not all the functionality features have been fully tested for compatibility. This is especially true for brand new phones to market. The website now is updated DAILY, so the information you see regarding compatibility and features is current and up-to-date. If the phone is a brand new model, they should still be able to pair their phone by clicking on the "general phone pairing" instructions, and to keep checking the website for all the functionality features / compatibility.

The phone number (also given in post #16 above) for Uconnect support is 1.877.855.8400.

If the phone was paired, but it is now not pairing or certain functions are no longer working, walk through the following steps.

1) Delete the pairing from the phone

2) Perform a hard reboot of the Bluetooth device. Easiest way to do this is to remove the battery for about 30 seconds. On certain devices it is not possible to remove the battery. These devices usually have some sort of series of buttons to hold down to perform a hard reboot, this varies by the manufacturer (for example iPhones you hold down the button on the top of the phone and the button on the face of the phone until it shuts down).

3) Delete the pairing from the radio

4) Pair the phone to the radio

5) On Blackberry phones under Bluetooth Setting make sure Uconnect is set up as a "trusted device"

6) Attempt to pair the phone to other Bluetooth devices that the customer has successfully paired their phone to in the past (if available - i.e. Bluetooth headset, Bluetooth speaker, another vehicle with Bluetooth)

(note from JeepCares- If this were me, I would call before I do Step 7)
7) Last resort - restore the operating software on the device. This step is suggested as a last resort because depending on the device it could take a considerable amount of time (iPhones takes over an hour).
Unread 04-04-2013, 07:09 AM   #22
UplandGuide
2014 WK 

I have a Motorola RAZR. It is running Android version 4.1.2. The Uconnect instructions on the http://chrysler.servigistics.com/que...=en&brand=jeep. link shows Android 4.1.1 and 4.0.4. Is the new Android version 4.1.2 the problem? My RAZR is dropped from uconnect on my 2014GC when the engine is shut off......I have to add it again as a new device every time I start the Jeep. My RAZR worked before in my 2012 Jeep GC. It still works fine in my Wife's VW Jetta and my F150.
Unread 04-04-2013, 04:23 PM   #23
UplandGuide
2014 WK 

I bring my Jeep GC to the dealer next Tuesday for a software "fix". That's all I was told. I will let you all know if they fix the problem.
Unread 04-04-2013, 04:58 PM   #24
JetBlast
2014 WK 

I am having the same issues with my RAZR well. It will dump after shutting off and volume controls don't work when I stream music via bluetooth. Also, when I use my USB cable, it will attempt to play music and then disconnect and not recognize my phone. I think Chrysler has a vendetta against phones lol!
JetBlast is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-04-2013, 11:14 PM   #25
JetBlast
2014 WK 

I wanted to add something to this thread that happened today. I decided to reboot my phone (haven't done it in a couple days) and now EVERYTHING WORKS! Kinda strange? I took notice to this when i was reading the Chrysler guide on troubleshooting the Bluetooth issues. My Jeep remembers my phone and it will auto-link the Bluetooth audio and phone no problem. I discovered why the volume didn't work. If you use Amazon to play music, it will not work. I had to use the default player on the phone. My Jeep was not running at the time I rebooted the phone and then I linked everything back up once my phone booted back up. I am not sure if this helps anyone who owns a 2014 but it somehow worked for me.
Unread 04-04-2013, 11:43 PM   #26
VinnieTheFish
2014 WK 

Attempting the power off/on trick with the phone

IPhone 4 iOS 6.1.3 Verizon

Powered off phone. Powered phone back on. Went to vehicle and it did not automatically remember the device (I had like 8-9 entries by now). Removed all Uconnect Bluetooth entries on my phone and then started the pairing procedure as normal (note I have a Uconnect 5.0 model). Phone pairs successfully and I selected make this a favorite as normal. Let the phone sync for 3-4 min since it was downloading the phone book, etc. I then powered off the vehicle and opened the passenger door so that the radio would shut off and walked outside of the vehicle. I also confirmed the single Uconnect Bluetooth entry said not connected on my phone.

Went back to the vehicle and turned on the phone as normal and the phone sync'd via Bluetooth as it should.

I then shut off the vehicle, locked car door and walked inside for 20 min. Went back to the vehicle, powered on the car and started the engine and the phone would not sync.

I tried turning Bluetooth off/on no dice. I also powered the vehicle off/on no dice.

I rarely power off my phone and normally just either close out the apps manually and leave the phone plugged in overnight powered on (work in IT and there is always a possibility of a 2AM call from work).
Unread 04-04-2013, 11:53 PM   #27
VinnieTheFish
2014 WK 

Just for laughs I tried powering the vehicle off once more, power cycling my phone and then powering the vehicle back on. Phone would not sync automatically.

I had to go into Bluetooth pairing and resync. It now came up as a 2nd Uconnect Bluetooth device on my phone and the first one would no longer sync when manually selected.

Very strange it auto sync'd once but that was it.
Unread 04-05-2013, 09:12 AM   #28
JetBlast
2014 WK 

I haven't had the chance to test things out today to duplicate your problem. I will give it a shot in a bit to see what happens.
Unread 04-05-2013, 02:05 PM   #29
VinnieTheFish
2014 WK 

Update 4/5/13:

I received a call from the Uconnect Support group and explained all of the troubleshooting steps I've been through to date. I also mentioned if need be I'd be interested in participating as a beta user for any software releases they wanted to test in the real world (especially since I work in IT). They confirmed this is a known software bug where the random pin for the bluetooth connection that is generating is not being remembered after the vehicle is powered off for some time. They are currently working on a fix and hopefully will have something posted soon. I asked if they could possibly email me when the fix is released as the case was going to remain open/on hold until resolved.

The tech mentioned the update will be available 1 of 2 ways:

- From the dealership as a software patch applied during your normal maintenance visit
- Downloadable from the website onto a USB flash drive which you would be able to update yourself

I let him know I am very glad to see that the second feature is available so that I can fix the issue myself instead of waiting on a trip to the dealership once it's released.

For now I'm on hold until the software update is released on their website http://www.driveuconnect.com.

So far very happy with the response I've received over this issue even though it's a software bug on a new model.
Unread 04-05-2013, 04:04 PM   #30
JetBlast
2014 WK 

Thanks for the update! It seems I am back to square one because the problem duplicated so I guess we just sit back and wait.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.