2014 GC Navigation Maps - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > 2014 GC Navigation Maps

Savvy FREE SHIPPING!Artec Holiday Sale!Bead Lock Wheels! Raceline, Trail Ready, & Trail-Gear

Unread 09-16-2013, 04:54 AM   #1
SCAPIE4

2014 GC Navigation Maps

Hello,

I ordered a 2014 GC Overland and want to drive the car in Europe. Does anyone know where I could supply navigation maps for Europe? Is it in a for of CD/DVD or you download the info in the system?

Thanks

SCAPIE4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-16-2013, 08:27 AM   #2
ColdCase
My Reality Check Bounced

2011 WK 

In the past you couldn't use Europe maps in a USA vehicle because the radios were different (different RF frequency channels). Some have swapped radios. Servicemen stationed in Europe sometime will do this. There is an outfit somewhere that does convertions. Dunno if the 2014 is different, however.

You may find that using a portable GPS with Europe maps, or your phone is more cost effective.
Unread 09-16-2013, 08:31 AM   #3
SCAPIE4

On a 2004 VW Touareg the radio could switch between US and European frequencies (along with miles and kms) by changing on the VAG (the dealer installed diagnosis system) a code from US to Europe and vs. As far as the Navigation it was via CDs. I was wondering whether the new 2014 GC if you take it to a dealer in Europe whether they use a diagnosis system that does such conversion including the Navigation maps????
Unread 09-16-2013, 10:24 AM   #4
bilbo_28
2014 WK 

Just curious, how long are you going to be in Europe and how are you getting the Jeep over there?
bilbo_28 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-16-2013, 10:26 AM   #5
SCAPIE4

How long depends on work. The car will be shipped from Port Elizabeth to Antwerp, Blegium it takes about 15 days and costs around $850.
Unread 09-17-2013, 03:18 PM   #6
kloubik
2014 WK 

I cannot find the website now but try to do google search for Uconnect 8.4 update maps etc. I think I saw a website in UK offering to update the Uconnect 8.4 to european version maps so I assume other places will be able to do it as it most likely will involve only re-flashing the unit. On the other hand it was pricey..something like $700 -800 if I remember correctly. $90 Garmin will probably do better job if needed only for a shorter time period.
kloubik is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-06-2014, 08:17 AM   #7
SCAPIE4

European map conversion

Did a bit of research and found the following:

www.customtronix.com

www.navrepair.com

www.carperformance.se

www.autooutlet.cz

Who all claim they can convert with US Uconnect 8.4AN with European maps and also tune to European radio frequencies. The first company can do it with simple dowloadable USB stick the others need me to send them the whole unit.

Anyone has heard of the above companies and have any experience?? Much appreciated.
Unread 03-06-2014, 08:30 AM   #8
chartx

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCAPIE4 View Post
How long depends on work. The car will be shipped from Port Elizabeth to Antwerp, Blegium it takes about 15 days and costs around $850.
Does that also include marine insurance?
chartx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-06-2014, 08:32 AM   #9
SCAPIE4

Quote:
Originally Posted by chartx View Post
Does that also include marine insurance?
No however do not think its necessary given no if few accidents happen while sailing and mostly if something happens is at the port where your local insurance will cover it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.