Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

2014 GC Navigation Maps

5K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  C0mbatChris 
#1 ·
Hello,

I ordered a 2014 GC Overland and want to drive the car in Europe. Does anyone know where I could supply navigation maps for Europe? Is it in a for of CD/DVD or you download the info in the system?

Thanks

#2 ·
In the past you couldn't use Europe maps in a USA vehicle because the radios were different (different RF frequency channels). Some have swapped radios. Servicemen stationed in Europe sometime will do this. There is an outfit somewhere that does convertions. Dunno if the 2014 is different, however.

You may find that using a portable GPS with Europe maps, or your phone is more cost effective.

#3 ·
On a 2004 VW Touareg the radio could switch between US and European frequencies (along with miles and kms) by changing on the VAG (the dealer installed diagnosis system) a code from US to Europe and vs. As far as the Navigation it was via CDs. I was wondering whether the new 2014 GC if you take it to a dealer in Europe whether they use a diagnosis system that does such conversion including the Navigation maps????

#6 ·
I cannot find the website now but try to do google search for Uconnect 8.4 update maps etc. I think I saw a website in UK offering to update the Uconnect 8.4 to european version maps so I assume other places will be able to do it as it most likely will involve only re-flashing the unit. On the other hand it was pricey..something like $700 -800 if I remember correctly. $90 Garmin will probably do better job if needed only for a shorter time period.

#7 ·
European map conversion

Did a bit of research and found the following:

www.customtronix.com

www.navrepair.com

www.carperformance.se

www.autooutlet.cz

Who all claim they can convert with US Uconnect 8.4AN with European maps and also tune to European radio frequencies. The first company can do it with simple dowloadable USB stick the others need me to send them the whole unit.

Anyone has heard of the above companies and have any experience?? Much appreciated.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.