2014 GC Diesel build options - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > 2014 GC Diesel build options

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 06-14-2013, 11:03 AM   #1
Dmannx

2014 GC Diesel build options

Using the build you own feature on Jeeps website - when configuring a Limited with the Eco Diesel it forces the Luxury Group II into the build which really jacks the price up - by $7500 !

Does anyone know if this is really the only way these models will be configured ?

Dmannx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2013, 11:18 AM   #2
jaje
2007 WK 

I configured a Limited 2wd with the Ecodiesel option and it was only a $4.500 upgrade over the v6 (was not forced to add in the luxury group 2 option). MSRP came out to $42,180 ($550 per mo purchase or $341 lease). I also added in the Class IV Trailer package and engine block heater as the only options.

The diesel comes with:
- 220-Amp Alternator
- 6 Speakers
- 800-Amp Maintenance Free Battery
- "Eco Diesel" Badge
- Heavy Duty Engine Cooling
- Selective Catalytic Reduction (UREA-DEF)
- Also has the heavy duty transmission (same as the Hemi gets).
#74 Exocet - NASA ST3 / E0
jaje is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2013, 06:03 PM   #3
jim_in_PA
2012 WK 

Yes, that is the only way you can configure with the EcoDiesel.
Unread 06-17-2013, 04:51 AM   #4
MickinNY
2013 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaje View Post
I configured a Limited 2wd with the Ecodiesel option and it was only a $4.500 upgrade over the v6 (was not forced to add in the luxury group 2 option). MSRP came out to $42,180 ($550 per mo purchase or $341 lease). I also added in the Class IV Trailer package and engine block heater as the only options.

The diesel comes with:
- 220-Amp Alternator
- 6 Speakers
- 800-Amp Maintenance Free Battery
- "Eco Diesel" Badge
- Heavy Duty Engine Cooling
- Selective Catalytic Reduction (UREA-DEF)
- Also has the heavy duty transmission (same as the Hemi gets).

So if you get the Limited in 2wd, you don't have to add the Luxury 2 package if you want the diesel? But with the 4x4 you do? Very strange.
MickinNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2013, 12:53 PM   #5
jaje
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickinNY View Post
So if you get the Limited in 2wd, you don't have to add the Luxury 2 package if you want the diesel? But with the 4x4 you do? Very strange.
Hmm did not try a 4wd build (so maybe the 2wd / 4wd forces you to do things differently). I don't off road much (and if I do a normal car can go where I'd go). I do want a midsize SUV that has a diesel engine (for much better mpg) but get the excellent torque for towing and be able to park it in the garage (which you can't do with a full size truck / suv where there are more diesel options).
#74 Exocet - NASA ST3 / E0
jaje is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.