2014 Fiat Diesel Motor - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > 2014 Fiat Diesel Motor

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 07-16-2013, 09:00 PM   #1
FrankBama
2008 WK 

2014 Fiat Diesel Motor

I am extremely excited that Jeep is re-introducing the diesel option this year. My 2008, although running beautifully, is getting a little long in the tooth and I would love to upgrade to the 2014. I have a concern, though. I lived in Italy for a few years in the late 90's and Fiat was not particularly known for quality, reliability and customer satisfaction. So my question to the industry professionals and insiders on this board is, has anything changed? Should I trust a Fiat-made motor?

FrankBama is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2013, 07:21 AM   #2
jim_in_PA
2012 WK 

The diesel engine is a proven product...it's only new to the US Jeep market. It also doesn't have "Fiat" stamped on it...VM Motori Cento in Ferrara, Italy, produces the engine. They are well known including producing engines for military vehicles. Remember, a huge percentage of Grand Cherokees sold outside of the US are diesel powered.
Unread 07-17-2013, 07:45 AM   #3
FrankBama
2008 WK 

Great. Thanks for the response. It's what I hoped to hear. Any word on when they will be available?
FrankBama is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2013, 10:40 AM   #4
Jason911
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankBama View Post
Great. Thanks for the response. It's what I hoped to hear. Any word on when they will be available?
Orders should start sometime around 12-14 August 2013. Dealership arrival expected second week of September.
Jason911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2013, 09:52 AM   #5
10Xk
2010 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim_in_PA
The diesel engine is a proven product...it's only new to the US Jeep market. It also doesn't have "Fiat" stamped on it...VM Motori Cento in Ferrara, Italy, produces the engine. They are well known including producing engines for military vehicles. Remember, a huge percentage of Grand Cherokees sold outside of the US are diesel powered.
VM Motori Cento is also 50% General Motors, they make the diesel for the Chevy Cruz along with others. So GM could possibly use the 3.0 in any of their vehicles, be good for availability of mechanics and parts.
10Xk is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.